News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for SomewhereThatsGreen

SomewhereThatsGreen Profile Photo
Member Name: SomewhereThatsGreen
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Sixteen Wounded  Mar 24 2004, 01:25:20 PM
I saw an early performance this past weekend. Kind of thought-provoking. Takes place in the Netherlands but the issues deal with the Isreali-Palestinian conflicts and deep-seated prejudices.

If I'm being honest, I would not pay for a ticket to see this. I was....bored. But if you have some interest in the issues it may be really interesting.

re: Scandals  Mar 23 2004, 05:28:24 PM
Good research, WOSQ!

Also, VoR, THE BOYFRIEND has a bunch of female roles and is kind of cute (and not terribly hard to get the rights to if I recall)

re: re: TONY'S:Best Actor in a Musical  Mar 23 2004, 10:42:38 AM
Agree with all, Tony is Hugh's.

But what about Huck Finn?? Ty Giordano SO deserves a nom!

re: ILLYRIA benefit  Mar 16 2004, 01:56:01 PM
It was very cool. Gavin's got great comic timing, and Cheyenne was channeling some serious Trevor Graydon in his performance which was dead-on perfect for Orsino.

The show is brilliant. It's a beautiful serving of Shakespeare - terribly smart and clever, and plays upon the lovely language of the text, but it rarely drags. Moves a complex Shakespeare plotline along at a great pace. I cannot wait to see this at New Jersey Shakes!

ILLYRIA benefit  Mar 15 2004, 11:39:33 AM
Anyone going to this? Gavin Creel, Barrett Foa, Cheyenne Jackson. I think they have rush tickets available at the theater tonight.

http://www.playbill.com/news/article/84907.html

re: so, who's the next arti  Jan 22 2004, 12:30:24 PM
As embarrassing as this may be, I have to say I'd love to see the John Denver musical Almost Heavan. I believe it's still playing at Denver Center. Not that it belongs on Broadway, please don't get me wrong, it would be worse than Look of Love, but I'd see anything with his songs.

But you know what I'd LOVE to see? I kick-arse rap musical (the P Diddy/Raisin comment reminded me!) I don't know whose catalog is prolific enough but maybe Eminem, Biggie, Diddy, or Missy?

the tony...  Jan 22 2004, 11:21:09 AM
Too bad the producers of WICKED couldn't have campaigned for Kristin in SUPPORTING... Call me crazy, but it is supposed to be the life and times of the wicked witch of the west, not Glinda...Would have saved all the vote-splitting that is bound to happen.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You