News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for aspiringactress

aspiringactress Profile Photo
Member Name: aspiringactress
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Dolly should be a Junior at least.  Aug 8 2010, 08:37:43 PM
Somewhere between mid-30s and early 50s.

Also, part of the joke of her handing out those business cards is that she's desperate for work. So no, she's not comfortable thanks to Ephraim's money.

I hadn't seen the show for so long, and just went to see a youth theatre production (because my brother was playing Barnaby) and was reminded what a lovely show it is...it makes me so happy!

Getting Backstage?  Aug 4 2010, 11:42:45 PM
When he was 10, my brother started singing "(Not) Getting Married Today" (word perfectly, at an appropriately quick tempo) to Raul Esparza at the Company stage door. Esparza was so taken aback by my brother that he brought us backstage so that he could perform for the rest of the cast.
Laura Benanti Joins 'Women on the Verge' Musical  Aug 4 2010, 09:40:44 PM
Some of my favorite performers and one of my favorite directors...I hope this is spectacular.
For those who saw THE WINTER'S TALE at SITP.... what were they thinking wit  Aug 2 2010, 10:07:05 PM
Lind was a wonderful Perdita.

This was my first exposure to the play, and there's so much whimsy in it; I thought without the movement the lambs would have been fine. I was surprisingly moved at the end of the play: something about really bad people becoming good really got to me.

The theatre needs a National Spokesperson again!  Jul 30 2010, 11:04:38 AM
CapnHook, I totally agree with your message.

It is my goal to establish a performing arts center whose mission is to replace television one night a week for its regular audience members. In my opinion, the saddest part of the decline of theatre as a form of popular entertainment is that it has (generally speaking) been replaced by more anti-social media.

More small theatres with low ticket prices could not only help revive the popularity of the form, but also rekindle somethin

Weird things you've said to Broadway stars  Jul 30 2010, 08:40:58 AM
After Journey's End, I was a wreck. Since I'd been in the front row (thanks, student rush!) the actors could see that. It took me a while to compose myself and get out on the street, and by the time I passed the stage door, the actors were already outside. They saw me, and one of the actors walked over and said, "it's alright, it's just a play".

OUR TOWN to close September 12.  Jul 30 2010, 08:36:32 AM
I just caught this production for the first time on Tuesday.

Having played the Stage Manager, this show (and that role) are very, very close to me. I was astonished--a word I don't use all that often. Cromer's work (and that of his actors) is beautiful: poignant without being heavy-handed.

Helen Hunt, I thought, was good, but by no means the center of attention; in fact, the evening (in my opinion) belonged to Emily, rather than the Stage Manager.

Anyway, if you have

Everyone Admit Your Age on Broadwayworld  Jul 29 2010, 09:31:18 PM
The musical that hooked me was Sweeney. So, Sondheim was my introduction to the world of musical theatre. I'm from NY, and had seen many musicals before, but not until Sweeney did I know that I wanted to spend my life as a student and practitioner of theatre.

From Sondheim, I branched out and learned about R&H and Cole Porter, then Cy Coleman. Next came Jason Robert Brown and LaChiusa. I've spent the past 5 years getting my hands on as many cast recordings as possible, and listening

Shakespeare in Central Park 2010 Line Reports?  Jul 29 2010, 05:30:55 PM
bump?
Shakespeare in Central Park 2010 Line Reports?  Jul 28 2010, 10:55:58 PM
For those with more Shakespeare in the Park experience:

When do you think would be a reasonable but cautious time to arrive for the final performance of Winter's Tale? I assume that there will be some sort of spike for the last show, but I'm not sure what to anticipate.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Shakespeare in Central Park 2010 Line Reports?  Jul 20 2010, 02:24:54 PM
Got on line around 3 and got tickets, but by the time they got to me they only had singles left, and not even that many.
Shakespeare in Central Park 2010 Line Reports?  Jul 19 2010, 07:50:11 PM
Any other BWWers planning on getting on line in the wee hours?
Shakespeare in Central Park 2010 Line Reports?  Jul 19 2010, 06:29:19 PM
Yeah, I've met some cool people in the past, but I like to bring stuff in case my neighbors are totally silent types. I hope the weather isn't too miserable tonight...
Shakespeare in Central Park 2010 Line Reports?  Jul 19 2010, 05:46:06 PM
I'll be there tonight (well, technically tomorrow morning).

Any suggestions for entertainment? So far, I'm planning to bring a novel, some plays, and my iPod.

A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC'S reopening tonight....  Jul 14 2010, 11:10:14 PM
So, I really believe Nunn doesn't understand how the Egerman family can (should?) function dramatically, and I think that "Now/Later/Soon", one of my favorite pieces of music ever, is a huge bore (At best. At worst, it's a pain.) in this production.

BUT:

All the praise for Bernadette is tempting me to go back.

Decisions, decisions...

Stephen Sondheim likes NEXT TO NORMAL  Jul 11 2010, 05:28:32 PM
Did he make grunt-y sounds of approval? That's what he did at Creditors at BAM.

ps. Hi Allie!

Favorite Theater in NYC  Jun 28 2010, 10:02:24 PM
The Delacorte...nothing beats outdoor theatre.

On Broadway, though, the O'Neill, because Sweeney Todd was the production that made me fall in love with Sondheim, and inspired me to actually pursue theatre professionally. I saw that show so many times, and the theatre still feels like home.

Sondheim on Sondheim 6.26.10  Jun 27 2010, 11:44:42 AM
I saw the show Friday night and loved it.

Barbara Cook was brilliant (no surprise there). I was particularly impressed by Norm Lewis, whose "Being Alive" received some of the longest sustained mid-show applause I have ever been a part of. I was also taken aback by Erin Mackey, whose voice is shockingly clear.

Tom Wopat was definitely sick, but I couldn't stand his Epiphany because of his acting more than his singing; it was just too unsubtle and repetitive.

Vanessa

The Official 2010 Tony Awards Discussion Thread  Jun 13 2010, 10:56:33 PM
Ugh.
The Official 2010 Tony Awards Discussion Thread  Jun 13 2010, 10:32:01 PM
Brick, I had the same exact thought. And it wouldn't be a bad move on Sher's part to cast her.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You