News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for HBG

HBG Profile Photo
Member Name: HBG
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

ONCE seating question  May 17 2012, 02:41:14 PM
Thanks! I may try to rush this Saturday. Has anyone actually sat in the $59.50 rear mezz seats?
ONCE seating question  May 17 2012, 11:37:11 AM
Ok I have a dilemma: should I pay the $60 for the last row of the mezz all the way on the side seat, or should I suck it up and rush? I know the rush are partial view, but are the rear mezz on the side seats that much better? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
re: Legally Blonde 7/23 Rush (TV Winner)  Jul 22 2008, 10:37:28 AM
I'm guessing there will be some campers there (i.e., people are going to sleep there), especially if Kate is going on at the matinee. People are crazy and with Kate going on as Elle, Bailey starting, and I would assume Autumn starting as well, I bet that the people that don't camp will be getting there around 5am, if past precedent is any indication.
re: Legally Blonde 7/23 Rush (TV Winner)  Jul 22 2008, 10:14:48 AM
It's so novel to make fun of people just because they like shows like Wicked or Legally Blonde [that was meant to be sarcastic]. I think those holier-than-thou theater fans are 100x worse than even a Wicked fangirl. The purpose of theater is to entertain, and whether it's Sondheim that entertains you or Legally Blonde, we all love theater, and the type of theater that you like does NOT make you any better or more superior than anyone else. Why is it necessary to put people down and make them
re: Legally Blonde Rush  Jul 15 2008, 03:00:40 PM
I rushed LB on July 5th. My ID does not have a date on it. My friend's only had an issue date but no expiration (the issue date was in 2007). We had no problem getting tickets. The key is don't get the blonde box office lady. She's the one that I've heard gives you a hard time about tickets. If ever they tried to tell me that they wouldn't accept my ID because it doesn't have a date on it I would refuse to leave without my tickets. No where on any of their signage does it say that you hav
re: The Search for Elle THOUGHTS!  Jun 3 2008, 12:28:34 AM
Two thoughts: (1) After seeing this show I feel even worse for Becky Gulsvig (who is AMAZING!) Yeah I know she got the tour but it's not the same. Originally, she was supposed to be the Elle standby and it got changed to u/s. Then they took away the part that she earned and arguably gave it to one of these girls? Screwed twice by one show! (2) Seriously is this really the best they could find?? I mean come on...
re: Legally Blonde 4/27  Apr 28 2008, 12:33:56 AM
I have never seen LB when LBB hasn't cried throughout the show (and I've seen it numerous times). I've heard she even did that in the workshops. It's actually really annoying and distracting (IMO) and takes away from the scene.

During "Legally Blonde" she cries so hard she can barely sing. While I agree it's supposed to be emotional, I think the way Becky Gulsvig plays it, where she's very emotional but appears to be holding back tears, is a lot more powerful and touching.

re: Legally Blonde Rush Problems (again)  Apr 26 2008, 05:36:57 PM
It's just the blonde box office lady that's strict about IDs. This is not a new thing...it's been going on for a while. The blonde lady is the one that is the student ID Nazi. If you can try to wait for the other box office person. Just let the people behind you cut you or something. If you go to anyone but the blonde lady, you won't have an issue. She isn't always there either so you may get lucky and go on a day when she's not working.
re: OCC Nominations Announced  Apr 21 2008, 04:06:57 PM
"Amy Morton being left out of Best Actress in a Play is an absolute travesty."

I couldn't agree more! I was SHOCKED when I saw that she wasn't nominated! Her performance was hands down the best I've seen all year...male or female, musical or play. She was phenomenal and I hope that this precedent isn't followed by the Tony's.

The Color Purple rush  May 16 2007, 12:39:09 PM
Hey I was just wondering if anyone has rushed Color Purple on a Saturday anytime recently and could tell me how early they think I should get there. Thanks!!
re: THE FOOD CHAIN Staged Reading - Tyler Hanes & Donna Vivino  May 3 2007, 05:14:36 PM
I wish...but alas there is none.
re: Your trick and remedies for throat/voice health  May 1 2007, 12:58:54 PM
Pineapple juice :) Trust me
THE FOOD CHAIN Staged Reading - Tyler Hanes & Donna Vivino  May 1 2007, 12:52:39 PM
Attention fans of the play THE FOOD CHAIN, Donna Vivino, or Tyler Hanes:

Donna is directing a staged reading of Nicky Silver's hilarious play THE FOOD CHAIN this Sunday, May 6th, at 7pm and Monday, May 7th, at 8pm. Tyler Hanes stars and admission is FREE and open to the public.

The readings will be at West Side Dance Project, 260 W. 36th Street between 7th and 8th, 3rd Floor.

Just wanted to pass along the info!

re: 4/7 Evening: Did someone die in the Front Mezz at the Atkinson? This is  Apr 9 2007, 02:32:28 PM
And to SorryGrateful - Please don't take what I said as me being angry or complaining that I missed part of the show. I was just pointing out that the ushers were trying so hard not to disrupt the show (at this poor man's detriment) and their efforts were counterproductive as it was way more distracting having them running back and forth and watching this poor man hunched over in his seat. I'm not sure if the actors knew what was going on or not, but regardless they should've stopped the show,
re: 4/7 Evening: Did someone die in the Front Mezz at the Atkinson? This is  Apr 9 2007, 02:26:46 PM
This man was hunched over completely in his seat and was shaken rather violently. He didn't move but instead slumped even more in his seat. For the next 10 minutes this man sat there hunched over, practically falling out of his seat, which various ushers took turns sitting next to him and shaking him. I think after a minute or so of shaking someone it's safe to assume that the person is not sleeping and maybe it might be a good idea to check if he is breathing...especially when the person is
re: 4/7 Evening: Did someone die in the Front Mezz at the Atkinson? This isn't a joke.  Apr 9 2007, 02:21:15 PM
I was there and sitting less than 10 rows back from this man. What happened was that the people sitting next to this man noticed him hunched over in his seat and ran and got an usher. For at least 10 minutes various ushers came and sat next to this man and tried shaking him but got no response. Then it seemed after 10 or so minutes they decided to check his pulse. He had none, at which point one of the ushers frantically called 911 and within minutes the fire department (less than half a blo
re: St. Louis MUNY casting rumors  Apr 9 2007, 12:15:07 PM
Donna Vivino will be playing Rizzo in Grease at the MUNY this summer and I heard that Shoshana Bean will be playing the Narrator in Joseph
re: The Most You've Seen a Show?  Feb 12 2007, 01:39:07 PM
Hairspray - 42 times
Wicked - 22 times
Avenue Q and Wedding Singer - 4 or 5 times each

There have been a few times that I saw Wicked and Hairspray twice in one day (matinee and evening shows) because there was an u/s on that I loved or when it was someone's last shows.

re: Why did Nicole Parker leave Martin Short FBM?  Oct 31 2006, 04:50:58 PM
Rathnait62, Enid Hoopes is the lesbian law school student. Definitely a character role which probably won't showcase Donna's amazing talent the way FBM does.

Donna is amazing in FBM...if you haven't seen it, go! Most people are shocked by how talented she is because they've only seen her in the ensemble of Hairspray, but you will not be disappointed! PS-the show is good too :)

re: Kristen Chenoweth is Jiminy's guest tonight! Bette Midler on Tuesday!  Oct 18 2006, 04:28:16 PM
I can't wait to see Bette Midler on Tuesday! I saw the show with Martha Stewart as the celebrity guest a couple weeks ago and even that was hilarious! Plus the show is hysterical aside from the celebrity guest, so for anyone who hasn't seen it already you should definitely go!
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You