Legally Blonde Rush

BroadwayBuff4Life
#1Legally Blonde Rush
Posted: 6/26/08 at 4:45pm

I know that everyone is going to bash me to search for other threads and I have, I just havent found enough correct information to actually risk going to New York from Pennsylvania to rush. First off, Im a high school student with an 07-08 student ID. Can I bring a guest (who is not a student) with me, or does everyone have to be a student? I am planning to go during the week, what time should I get there and what time do they open? Are the seats good? How much do they cost? How many tickets can you buy? And I apoligize in advance for anyone that might get angry by this thread..... THANKS ALOT!

Im thinking of going next Friday! Updated On: 6/26/08 at 04:45 PM

taylorPHENOMENON2 Profile Photo
taylorPHENOMENON2
#2re: Legally Blonde Rush
Posted: 6/26/08 at 5:13pm

Now, when I went in April it was open to high school and college students, but apparently from what I heard it's college IDs only? I haven't checked recently.
In any case, a student ID is good for 2 tickets, whether the second person be a student or not.
When I went, I got there around 9:30 and there were about 10 people before me, but this was a wednesday.
I say be safe, with the new "popularity" of the show get there around 8.
Each ticket I believe is 26.50?
The seats are the front row, the stage is quite high, you will have a limited sight line, but it is a fun experience and for the ticket price it's not bad.

coolkid11776
#2re: Legally Blonde Rush
Posted: 6/26/08 at 5:31pm

How early should I get there for LBB'S Last show on the 20th at 7PM? Would I have to do an overnight rush?

Rent The best show on Broadway. I was at the closing. BEST night of my Life. April 29th 1996-September 7th 2008 12 years of love "No Day But Today"

Zeitoujo
#3re: Legally Blonde Rush
Posted: 6/26/08 at 6:19pm

I was wondering the same thing cookid.

"Those You've Known And Lost Still Walk Behind You"-Spring Awakening

bwayfan45 Profile Photo
bwayfan45
#4re: Legally Blonde Rush
Posted: 6/26/08 at 6:36pm

You would def need to overnight it, because people were there at 11pm the night before to see Haven go on as Elle. I can just image the turn out for LBB's last show! Good Luck!

Wherever we go, we rep our people and the beat goes...

shootingstar
#5re: Legally Blonde Rush
Posted: 6/26/08 at 7:37pm

i believe all of the student rush tickets are already sold out for LBB's last...at least that's what one of the ladies at the box office told me when i called last week...i think all that's left are a handful of full price house seats.

good luck!

yankees1253 Profile Photo
yankees1253
#6re: Legally Blonde Rush
Posted: 6/26/08 at 8:25pm

really student rush is already sold out for lbb's last day?, i would go back and ask the box office for you but i will be at disneyworld this saturday until the fifth. if you want just pm me and i will give you an discount code for 50 dollars off.
last week when i changed my ticket to lbb's last show at 7pm, i saw a sign that said only college id's and it is still 26.50.

shootingstar
#7re: Legally Blonde Rush
Posted: 6/26/08 at 10:19pm

student rush IS all sold out.

you can use the code 'flowers' to get discount house seats.

student rush is VALID college ids ONLY.

goood luck!

defyinggravity42694 Profile Photo
defyinggravity42694
#8re: Legally Blonde Rush
Posted: 6/26/08 at 10:21pm

The Legally Blonde Rush is no longer for High School Students, it's only for College students, I found out the hard way from the most snobbiest sales person at the box office, but feel free to call the box office too.

Goodbye

legally_popular Profile Photo
legally_popular
#9re: Legally Blonde Rush
Posted: 6/26/08 at 10:43pm

How are rush seats for LBB's last sold out before the day-of?

If they're not, I think people will def. be camping out since there were people camping out to see Haven as Elle and for Nikki's last show.

Also - do the college IDs still need dates on them (like stickers that say Fall '08 or something)?
Updated On: 6/26/08 at 10:43 PM

Zeitoujo
#10re: Legally Blonde Rush
Posted: 6/26/08 at 10:45pm

Yea I don't get how they are sold out...

"Those You've Known And Lost Still Walk Behind You"-Spring Awakening

Kelly2 Profile Photo
Kelly2
#11re: Legally Blonde Rush
Posted: 6/26/08 at 10:47pm

Is rush really sold out already? I got my tickets over a month ago. I had no idea so many other people bought them already.

How do you know that?

Oh and to clarify how rush could be sold out, you can buy the rush tickets at house price (111.50$ or whatever face value for the tickets is). So if enough people did that...

"Get mad, then get over it." - Colin Powell
Updated On: 6/26/08 at 10:47 PM

legally_popular Profile Photo
legally_popular
#12re: Legally Blonde Rush
Posted: 6/26/08 at 10:52pm

^Ah, thanks. That's what I figured.

yankees1253 Profile Photo
yankees1253
#13re: Legally Blonde Rush
Posted: 6/27/08 at 1:25am

if you have your college id, they dont need to be dated, they took mine without any date on it. as long as the college name is on it and your photo of course.

shootingstar
#14re: Legally Blonde Rush
Posted: 6/27/08 at 11:33am

i know this because my sister called at the beginning of the week to try and buy the student rush seats (at full price...which you can do...it's $121.50) and they said the seats were all sold out and had been for about a month...even the side seats were sold out. so that's how i know.

burnsy Profile Photo
burnsy
#15re: Legally Blonde Rush
Posted: 6/27/08 at 12:23pm

I don't get it... Why would you pay full price for "student rush" tickets? Just because you can be in the front row? Why not using discount code to get a better orchestra seat?

jess20882 Profile Photo
jess20882
#16re: Legally Blonde Rush
Posted: 6/27/08 at 12:49pm

this isn't a rush question but it does go along with the 'laura bell's last show' theme...

i am trying to get a ticket for her last show on the 20th at 7pm. right now ticketmaster is showing two options (at the discounted price). i can either have center orch row x or center front mezz row c. which one should i buy? it might be a stupid question but i thought i'd ask since i've heard people saying the mezz is great...

thanks! re: Legally Blonde Rush
Updated On: 6/27/08 at 12:49 PM

burnsy Profile Photo
burnsy
#17re: Legally Blonde Rush
Posted: 6/27/08 at 1:00pm

Go with center front mezz row c.

jess20882 Profile Photo
jess20882
#18re: Legally Blonde Rush
Posted: 6/27/08 at 1:20pm

do you think if i wait another week some better seats might pop up? or do i run the risk of it selling out...?

burnsy Profile Photo
burnsy
#19re: Legally Blonde Rush
Posted: 6/27/08 at 1:55pm

I think you should just get it right now. Mezz row c are pretty good seat to me. I sat there before and it was perfect.

Chardonnay
#20re: Legally Blonde Rush
Posted: 6/27/08 at 2:29pm

I'm so glad you guys are talking about this. I've been meaning to start one, but I was worried I'd get my head bitten off...

I'm wondering what happens to the premium seats that don't get sold (IF they don't get sold). Do they release them at regular orchestra price when it gets closer to the date? I was just playing around on Tuesday and saw what was available for Wednesday and they gave me a Center C seat for orchestra price (111 or whatever)... that's premium, isn't it? Just curious. I really shouldn't wait any longer in hopes for something like that (I've already lost some killer seats due to waiting... so I'd so go for it jess20882. You'll regret it).

Also, is there any way to snag a good seat to LBB's last this late in the game or is ticketmaster my only bet? Oh ya... within decent pricing. I was prepared to pay full price.

THANK YOU!!!
Updated On: 6/27/08 at 02:29 PM

fishergirl819 Profile Photo
fishergirl819
#21re: Legally Blonde Rush
Posted: 6/27/08 at 4:42pm

yankees, the rush policy has changed. They do not accept IDs that do not have some sort of expiration date or "valid thru ___" type sticker on it.

LePetiteFromage
Posted: 6/27/08 at 5:11pm

Updated On: 5/3/09 at 05:11 PM

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#23re: Legally Blonde Rush
Posted: 6/27/08 at 7:02pm

^ And here's the big question... Do those purchased in advance have the full price on them or still the rush price? Because it now sounds like the ones in question could have been purchased by phone and picked up that day.

I'm legitimately wondering, not being sarcastic.

Experience live theater. Experience paintings. Experience books. Live, look and listen like artists! ~ imaginethis
LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!
Updated On: 6/27/08 at 07:02 PM

Anakela Profile Photo
Anakela
#24re: Legally Blonde Rush
Posted: 6/27/08 at 8:23pm

^ And here's the big question... Do those purchased in advance have the full price on them or still the rush price? Because it now sounds like the ones in question could have been purchased by phone and picked up that day.

I'm legitimately wondering, not being sarcastic.

Legit answer: full price- at least, when I did this for Nikki Snelson's last my ticket said $121.50.
Updated On: 6/27/08 at 08:23 PM

Videos