News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Trina55

Member Name: Trina55
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Ferryman Rush  Jul 6 2019, 08:34:35 AM
There were also some $60 partial-view seats left later in the afternoon! I bought mine around 3pm and the person next to me went even later. There was full-view still available at $141.
Ferryman Rush  Jul 5 2019, 12:45:20 AM
Question: will they sell whatever’s left in the house to the rush line? Hoping to go tomorrow night and I see there’s just a smattering of single tickets available. I’d love to buy at the box office just to avoid those exorbitant fees, but I won’t be in the city until afternoon and would hate to miss out completely. Ideally looking for one of those lower-end tickets (under $100) the mezzanine. Any tips appreciated!
Women as Understudies for Male Roles?  Feb 26 2019, 10:48:21 AM
In Les Mis, one of the little girls usually covers Gavroche. I’m sure there have been other examples with children.
Longacre Seating  Feb 9 2019, 03:30:20 PM
Update: I’m sitting in E18 - rear balcony off to the side - and I have PERFECT view!! Possibly even better than rear mezz, since the slope is so steep. Definitely recommend if you’re on a budget.

Longacre Seating  Feb 8 2019, 02:00:05 PM

How bad is the balcony at the Longacre? After much research, I'm giving up on discounts and shelling out full price for The Prom tomorrow - debating whether to spend $130 for a bad seat in the rear mezz, or $70 for a truly crappy seat up in the balcony. Obviously I don't need a fantastic view (normally I just go with the cheapest option), but I hate being so far from the stage that I feel totally removed from the performance. Is it worth splurging or should I save the extra $60?<

Oliver! revival?  Jan 24 2019, 10:20:56 AM
Not sure if this has been said, but I assume part of the reason its cost-prohibitive is that child actors earn standard Equity salaries here; in the UK they do not.
Actor who has yet to perform on Broadway who you would pay to see?  Jan 24 2019, 10:15:35 AM
Im still holding out hope that Chris Colfer will hit the Broadway stage at some point. It would have to be a pretty unique role, though.
Hamilton Pre-Sale - Multiple Devices?  Nov 12 2018, 01:16:23 AM
I got a email that I was selected for the Verified Fan pre-sale tomorrow - super excited, I’ve been waiting for this particular block of tickets for a loooong time. (Told my son 3 years ago we could go when he was 8, and his 8th bday is in June 2019.) But the last time I bought Ham tix was before they started the Verified Fan stuff, so I have questions!!! Any advice would be appreciated :)

First of all, I’m wondering if the method that worked for me before is going to backfire. Back in

Kinky Boots for a kid?  Aug 10 2018, 06:17:18 PM

Thanks so much, all! Sounds like he’d be fine, and I know he’d enjoy the big production numbers so we’ll probably go for it.  I really appreciate the input!

Kinky Boots for a kid?  Aug 10 2018, 04:08:46 PM
My 7yo saw a promo video clip of KB and really wants to see it. I’ve actually seen it, but it was several years ago and I don’t remember enough details. Help me out? Is this a terrible idea? What red flags exist within the show? We are a queer family so nothing in that area bothers me, and cursing is ok, but violence, substance abuse, and especially overt sexuality would be problematic, and any mentions of murder or suicide are a big no. He also tends to get bored if portions of the story move s
Frozen resale front mezz  Jul 23 2018, 02:42:38 PM
Not really sure why you’re bothering to post this if you’ve already bought the tickets?

I would suggest seeing the movie first. It is only VERY LOOSELY based on the Hans Christian Anderson story - really they have very little in common. And the show, from what I’ve heard, is pretty much a glorified version of the movie brought to life onstage. I suspect you’ll enjoy it more if you’ve seen the source material.

Is it possible two rushs in one day? Which shows?  Jul 17 2018, 08:50:47 PM
Ditto re: TDF - sounds like a must for you. And good news, that time of year is one of the best times for Broadway discounts in general.
Hamilton Verified Presale Registration  Jul 6 2018, 10:23:23 PM
Thanks for the info regarding: probably August. Would love updates if/when anyone hears anything. I can’t seem to get the Hamilfan emails to go anywhere but my junk mail, so I never see them, and in general i haven’t been in the loop as much as used to be, but I need to jump on the next block of tickets.

I saw the show ages ago, but my son was 5 at the time and wanted to see it too, so I told him the minimum age was 8. He still whole-heartedly believes me! Lo and behold, the next bloc

Amelie  May 27 2018, 03:42:28 PM
I saw it, and was into the cast album for a little while. I found it sort of strange but charming. Having never seen the movie, I just assumed all the odd elements came straight from there. I will say that Phillipa was an absolute joy to watch from beginning to end, and I thought a couple of the songs - particularly Adam C-B’s big numbers - were pretty great.

Ticketmaster Issues?  May 24 2018, 01:16:45 PM
Thank you!
Ticketmaster Issues?  May 24 2018, 11:59:20 AM
No, but I’ve been trying to unload some Frozen tickets - bought for several different dates because I wasn’t sure when we’d be able to go. Have they flagged me as a scalper??
Ticketmaster Issues?  May 24 2018, 11:54:26 AM

Anyone else having trouble with the Ticketmaster website? It won't load on my computer - I keep getting "Forbidden" messages. On my phone I can log in, but can't access my tickets or account info. Is it just me?

Last minute Broadway craziness  May 17 2018, 05:36:47 PM
If you’re interested in Angels in America, you could just see Part 1. I haven’t seen this production, but generally it stands on its own pretty well.

Also be warned that Friday and Saturday evenings are the hardest times to get tickets, regardless of how you’re going about it. If it’s an option for you to pay full price for the shows you want to see, I would advise going to the box office and buying them directly. Keep in mind that most shows have a range of prices, so “Full Price” can be as low as $60 or so, if you don’t mind sitting far from the stage.

Good luck! And so sorry your Dad didn’t come through

Hamilton Tickets  May 9 2018, 11:27:31 PM
Um, here’s a thought: visit the show’s website and click on “tickets.” It will tell you which vendors are legitimate. And give you a direct link to Ticketmaster.
School of Rock Discount Help  May 2 2018, 09:04:46 PM
Yep, I think they just upped it to $16 though. Thanks for checking :)
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You