pixeltracker

Is it possible two rushs in one day? Which shows?

Is it possible two rushs in one day? Which shows?

MadsonMelo
#1Is it possible two rushs in one day? Which shows?
Posted: 7/17/18 at 3:12pm

I'm planning my trip to NY next October and I have the intention of seeing as much shows as I can.

The only ones I'm not seeing are Wicked and Phantom (as I have seen them already).

I was thinking on doing rush tickets, but in some days (Wednesdays, Saturday and Sundays) I could see two shows. Is there a way that I can grab more than one rush?

What shows are more likely to have tickets after the box office opens? As I would have to buy at one show first and then going to other theater.

Are plays more likely to have rush tickets without much competition? I was thinking on going to Ferryman, Torch Song and Lifespan of an Act.

Are off-Broadway shows more likely? Like Girl from the North Country and Mother of the Maid are my off Broadway goals.

Should I not even try and only see one show a day?

I'm open to shows outside Broadway that are not that expensive. Any advices for the period of October 13 to November 4?

Thanks in advance.

mpd4165
#2Is it possible two rushs in one day? Which shows?
Posted: 7/17/18 at 3:23pm

It's certainly possible, but the shows on your list have not announced rush/discount policies yet, so trying to plan now is pretty difficult. if you can, try to find someone willing to get in line for one show while you're in line for another.

MadsonMelo
#3Is it possible two rushs in one day? Which shows?
Posted: 7/17/18 at 3:27pm

Oh sorry, those are not the only shows on my list, just examples.

As I said I'm trying to see most of the Broadway shows, except for those 2, but I was wondering about Beautiful, Summer, Waitress, Chicago, School of Rock. Maybe they should be my picks for rushs that I can get tickets after 10 am.

Maybe, a possibility, it's to rush a show and try the lottery for the other show?

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#4Is it possible two rushs in one day? Which shows?
Posted: 7/17/18 at 3:35pm

The Public's rush is through TodayTix, so you could do that whilest in line for something else.

Also, if you are traveling with someone, then super easy. You go to one theater, they go to another.

Basically, if you're seeing older shows, your odds on doubling down are better. Hot tickets, less so.

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#5Is it possible two rushs in one day? Which shows?
Posted: 7/17/18 at 3:42pm

Also, how long are you visiting? All Broadway shows except 2 is a LOT of shows.

JBradshaw Profile Photo
JBradshaw
#6Is it possible two rushs in one day? Which shows?
Posted: 7/17/18 at 3:43pm

“Chicago” rush tends to be easy to get. Many many many times I’ve picked up a rush ticket after the box office has been open. No rush offered for Saturday evening performances though.

OneSingularSensation2
#7Is it possible two rushs in one day? Which shows?
Posted: 7/17/18 at 3:49pm

Last I saw, Hamilton does their SRO rush maybe an hour out from showtime, so you could easily wait for matinee rush tickets at 8a, go to a matinee, grab lunch, then wait in the Hamilton line and hope to get lucky.

In terms of who'll have rush tickets after the box office opens, I'd check out the message boards closer to your visit to see what people have been reporting lately - personally think we're too far out to know just yet. Good luck! Two rush shows in one day certainly is possible! 

MadsonMelo
#8Is it possible two rushs in one day? Which shows?
Posted: 7/17/18 at 3:51pm

My list:

1. Hamilton - cancellation line
2. The Cher Show - bought already
3. Mean Girls - try in-person lottery or cancellation line
4. Dear Evan Hansen - cancellation line
5. My Fair Lady - bought a linctix ticket
6. Once on this Island - no rush, I will try lottery
7. The Bands Visit - first rush
8. The Ferryman - waiting for rush policy
9. Mother of the Maid - rush for todaytix, right? student ticket is an option?
10. Waitress - second rush
11. The Waverly Gallery - waiting for rush policy
12. Carousel - third rush
13. The Book of Mormom - lottery/SRO 
14. Avenue Q - fourth rush
15. The Prom - waiting for rush policy
16. Pretty Woman - waiting too
17. Kinky Boots - don't have rush, best option is TKTS?
18. Come From Away - rush, but for SRO tickets, right?
19. Girl from the North Country - same for mother of the maid
20. The Lifespan of a Fact - waiting for rush too
21. To Kill a Mockingbird - waiting for a linctix
22. Beautiful - rush
23. Summer - rush
24. Frozen - if I see it's because of stubhub tickets
25. Torch Song - rush
26. Anastasia - rush
27. Chicago - rush
28. School of Rock - rush

Aladdin and Lion King are, like, my last options.

I know, a lot of rushs, but the ones I want the most I have a way to get a ticket. I can't pay full price because it would be so expensive and it's better to rush than pay for certain not really expensive tickets, imo.

I will be in NY for 23 days, and yes, I will be doing a lot of theater.

I did the same for West End, albeit for 12 days and loved it!

MadsonMelo
#9Is it possible two rushs in one day? Which shows?
Posted: 7/17/18 at 3:55pm

FYI: I'm from Brazil, it's my first time on Broadway, I'm a theater addicted (see most of the productions over here - this year alone I went to Peter Pan, Sound of Music, Little Mermaid  and Producers, later this year we have Phantom, Annie and Great Comet) and I don't know when I will be back, so I will try to see as much shows as I can lol

SomethingPeculiar Profile Photo
SomethingPeculiar
#10Is it possible two rushs in one day? Which shows?
Posted: 7/17/18 at 4:00pm

Spend $20 and join TDF. You can book advance tickets online at prices similar to a rush (tix are $47-$49 for Broadway shows, less for Off-Broadway; they don't tell you your seat numbers in advance, but usually they're better than rush locations). As you get closer to your trip, check it regularly, because shows/performance dates vary. It will save you some early mornings, and the shows that aren't selling out are likely to be on TDF come fall.

You should also look at TodayTix and the TKTS booth. (And if you end up buying discount tickets through the TKTS booth, the Lincoln Center location usually has a very short line and sometimes has tickets available the day before, too.)

Good luck!

Updated On: 7/17/18 at 04:00 PM

Trina55
#11Is it possible two rushs in one day? Which shows?
Posted: 7/17/18 at 8:50pm

Ditto re: TDF - sounds like a must for you. And good news, that time of year is one of the best times for Broadway discounts in general.

MadsonMelo
#12Is it possible two rushs in one day? Which shows?
Posted: 7/17/18 at 9:25pm

Ok, so just to make sure I got, I can joy TDF for 20 bucks and then buy tickets as good as rush tickets for the same prices close to the performances?

Thanks guys!

Tito3
#13Is it possible two rushs in one day? Which shows?
Posted: 7/17/18 at 9:50pm

MadsonMelo said: "My list:

1. Hamilton - cancellation line
2. The Cher Show - bought already
3. Mean Girls - try in-person lottery or cancellation line
4. Dear Evan Hansen - cancellation line
5. My Fair Lady - bought a linctix ticket
6. Once on this Island - no rush, I will try lottery
7. The Bands Visit - first rush
8. The Ferryman - waiting for rush policy
9. Mother of the Maid - rush for todaytix, right? student ticket is an option?
10. Waitress - second rush
11. The Waverly Gallery - waiting for rush policy
12. Carousel - third rush
13. The Book of Mormom - lottery/SRO
14. Avenue Q - fourth rush
15. The Prom - waiting for rush policy
16. Pretty Woman - waiting too
17. Kinky Boots - don't have rush, best option is TKTS?
18. Come From Away - rush, but for SRO tickets, right?
19. Girl from the North Country - same for mother of the maid
20. The Lifespan of a Fact - waiting for rush too
21. To Kill a Mockingbird - waiting for a linctix
22. Beautiful - rush
23. Summer - rush
24. Frozen - if I see it's because of stubhub tickets
25. Torch Song - rush
26. Anastasia - rush
27. Chicago - rush
28. School of Rock - rush

Aladdin and Lion King are, like, my last options.

I know, a lot of rushs, but the ones I want the most I have a way to get a ticket. I can't pay full price because it would be so expensive and it's better to rush than pay for certain not really expensive tickets, imo.

I will be in NY for 23 days, and yes, I will be doing a lot of theater.

I did the same for West End, albeit for 12 days and loved it!
"

You have to be U.S. resident to use Linctix, right? How are you going to prove that? 

BroadwayNoob
#14Is it possible two rushs in one day? Which shows?
Posted: 7/17/18 at 10:26pm

By next October, you mean October 2019 right? Many shows will have come and gone by then so tbh I wouldn't start planning specific shows just yet

BalconyClub Profile Photo
BalconyClub
#15Is it possible two rushs in one day? Which shows?
Posted: 7/17/18 at 10:43pm

BroadwayNoob said: "By next October, you mean October 2019 right? ..."

In this instance, "Next October" is in 2018.

SomethingPeculiar Profile Photo
SomethingPeculiar
#16Is it possible two rushs in one day? Which shows?
Posted: 7/17/18 at 11:24pm

MadsonMelo said: "Ok, so just to make sure I got, I can joy TDF for 20 bucks and then buy tickets as good as rush tickets for the same prices close to the performances?

Thanks guys!
"

That is more-or-less how it works, though at $47 (plays) and $49 (musicals) they're probably a few bucks more than rush. Not every show is listed on TDF and only select performances are included. 

Right now there are 8 Broadway shows and 67 off-Broadway shows listed on TDF for select performances. Current Broadway listings: Beautiful, Carousel, Gettin' the Band, Head Over Heels, Dolly with Donna Murphy, Phantom, Play That Goes Wrong, Spongebob. You're not going to see big hit shows like Hamilton or Dear Evan Hansen or Wicked on TDF.

Of your list, the following shows are probably the most likely to be on TDF in the fall (though nothing is certain, and nobody knows about sales for the new shows) –– Once on this Island, The Ferryman(?), The Waverly Gallery(?), Carousel, Avenue Q, The Prom, Pretty Woman(?), Kinky Boots, Come From Away(?), The Lifespan of a Fact(?), Beautiful, Summer, Torch Song(?), Anastasia, Chicago, School of Rock. Some performances get listed a few weeks ahead of time, others put tickets up a few days before the show.

Updated On: 7/17/18 at 11:24 PM

MadsonMelo
#17Is it possible two rushs in one day? Which shows?
Posted: 7/17/18 at 11:52pm

SomethingPeculiar said: "MadsonMelo said: "Ok, so just to make sure I got, I can joy TDF for 20 bucks and then buy tickets as good as rush tickets for the same prices close to the performances?

Thanks guys!
"

That is more-or-less how it works, though at $47 (plays) and $49 (musicals)they're probably a few bucks more than rush.Not every show is listed on TDF and only select performances are included.

Right now there are 8 Broadway shows and 67 off-Broadway shows listedon TDF for select performances.Current Broadway listings:Beautiful, Carousel, Gettin'the Band, Head Over Heels, Dolly with Donna Murphy, Phantom, Play That Goes Wrong, Spongebob.You're not going to see big hit shows likeHamilton or Dear Evan Hansen or Wicked on TDF.

Of yourlist, the following shows are probably the most likely to be on TDF in the fall (though nothing is certain, and nobody knows about sales for the new shows) ––Once on this Island,The Ferryman(?),The Waverly Gallery(?),Carousel,Avenue Q,The Prom,Pretty Woman(?),Kinky Boots,Come From Away(?),The Lifespan of a Fact(?),Beautiful,Summer,Torch Song(?),Anastasia,Chicago, School of Rock. Some performances get listed a few weeks ahead of time, others put tickets up a few days before the show.
"

Thank you!