News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for mmFan

mmFan Profile Photo
Member Name: mmFan
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

NBC Broadway Special?  Dec 12 2020, 09:13:46 AM

I've only watched the first 30 minutes so far (PVR'd it and will watch the rest with my daughter), but I must say it was so wonderful to see Broadway songs being performed again.

One question I have to ask...how did they logistically do this?  No one is wearing a mask.  And from the first performance of Jersey Boys, they certainly weren't social distancing.  Did the actors isolate so they could practice 2 weeks before?  Was testing done?  Just curio

Musicals that make you laugh and make you cry?  Jun 5 2019, 06:29:56 AM

For crying..

Dear Evan Hansen when I saw it in Toronto.  I saw it in NY but our seats were up in the balcony.  In Toronto,we were right upfront with "Evan" and I got very emotional.

Second show I ever cried at was Without You by Anthony Rapp (and mind you, I've had a few tears in Without You scene in Rent).

For laughing..

A long list

What show have you seen the most times?  Nov 12 2018, 07:43:04 AM

Mamma Mia - 25 times

Wicked - 8 times

Rent - haven't counted but probably around 7 times

Others I have repeated 3x or more...Les Miserable, We Will Rock You, Matilda

Dear Evan Hansen and Kids  Sep 27 2018, 08:03:06 AM

Elsie2 said: "I have an 8 year old who is very grown up and I have taken her to shows such as Hello Dolly, The King and I, Wicked, School of Rock and she adores them, loves listening to the music and also knows half the words to DEH which I regularly play in the car, however I decided earlier this year when we were taking our trip that I was not going to take her to DEH which I have seen a few times, it's not the language or anything it's just that I think it will be too emot

Dear Evan Hansen and Kids  Sep 27 2018, 08:00:10 AM

youwillbefound2 said: "If I was a 10 year old, I wouldn't understand the themes of DEH very well, and honestly it would be a waste of money."

Completely disagree with this in our case.  For my daughter, it's all about the music and the scene (i.e theatre as opposed to a concert).  If I knew for sure that the 'intense' stuff would go over her head and she could just enjoy the show, then I would take her without question.

Dear Evan Hansen and Kids  Sep 26 2018, 03:02:52 PM

bwaylistener, thank you.  That really helps hearing from another theatre fan and parent of similar age.  Your thoughts are really helpful and I have to agree.

Miles2Go2, thank you as well.  Sorry for your Jaws fear (those baths must have been rough ).  Your DEH comment about not having sharks made me laugh.  True though...difficult tops  that maybe is too much for a 9 year old.

Dear Evan Hansen and Kids  Sep 26 2018, 02:00:06 PM

Yeah..thanks for the replies.  Think I'll find a friend to come with (or if my husband wants to go again).  

Dear Evan Hansen and Kids  Sep 26 2018, 01:22:56 PM

JSquared2 said: "mmFan said: "Thanks. I did see it awhile ago close to when it opened in NY. Don't remember the language but it probably didn't phase me and don't remember details...just the main story (and from listening to the music). There is the suicide so that's the main decision (although she knows at a high level form the music)."

Just curious --- if you've already seen it and know what the show is about --- why ask

Dear Evan Hansen and Kids  Sep 26 2018, 10:20:37 AM

Thanks.  I did see it awhile ago close to when it opened in NY. Don't remember the language but it probably didn't phase me and don't remember details...just the main story (and from listening to the music).  There is the suicide so that's the main decision (although she knows at a high level form the music).  

Dear Evan Hansen and Kids  Sep 26 2018, 08:07:58 AM

My 9 year old loves theater like me and I've taken her to many musicals (Mamma Mia 4x, Wicked 2x, Annie, Matilda, 3x and many more I can't think of at the moment).

I often play the DEH soundtrack when we're in the car and loves the music.  (I just turn down the sound during the one sentence in Sincerely Me).  I know a lot of things go over hear head as for example, in Mamma Mia, she never questioned how she can't know who her dad is.

I pur

Mamma Mia-- the Bollywood Musical  Jul 23 2018, 08:00:18 AM

starcatchers said: "DarlingElegantine said: "Random thing- does Lily wear contacts in the film so her eyes match Meryl's? In the promo shots i've seen she has brown eyes and doesnt look very close to Meryl. Is it easy to believe theyre the same person?"

A friend mentioned this to me yesterday, and I honestly wouldn’t have noticed without having had it pointed out, but their eyes are not the same color. Lily has brown eyes.
&

Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions  Feb 25 2018, 08:30:12 AM

I just saw that DEH is coming to my city next year (Toronto).  Wonder if it'll be just as hard to get tickets.  I know it will never be as good as when I saw it on Broadway (saw original cast!) but would still love to see it again and take my daughter.  She knows all the words (well, except for the first verse of Sincerely Me as I turn the sound down for that part when we listen in the car..lol)

Worst stage door experience  Dec 19 2017, 10:12:17 PM

I met Anthony Rapp as well after his one man show Without You.  I had lost my mom just beforehand as well, and he was very kind.

Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions  Nov 19 2017, 08:31:50 AM

broadwaykayla0826 said: "Thanks to CT2NYC, I saw the show last night, and may I just say, it is the most beautiful peace of musical theatre I’ve ever seen. Ben Platt was absolutely PHENOMENAL. I was crying the whole time, and so was he. I still can’t believe it. THANK YOU!!

(PS: Someone from this board was sitting next to me last night but I forget who you were!! I was the girl front row in the green dress!)
"

That's aw

Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions  Oct 22 2017, 10:19:39 AM

CT2NYC said: "mmFan said: "I must be behind but I thought they stopped allowing people to line up awhile ago???"

SRO is now done through the lottery, but the cancellation line still exists.
"

Ah ok.  Thanks for explaining

Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions  Oct 22 2017, 08:38:51 AM

I must be behind but I thought they stopped allowing people to line up awhile ago???

Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery  Jul 7 2017, 06:43:21 PM

haterobics said: "Grubz said: "IS IT true ben platt won't be in the show wed thru Friday of next week?   Promoting pitch perfect 3?

that sucks wanted to see him
"

Sort of. He'll be out all next week, so Tuesday through Sunday, I believe. But it has nothing to do with a movie in which he is not appearing.
"

That made me laugh...lol

Didn't realise he's not in #3 but of course when would he have filmed i

Andy Karl performance schedule  Jun 24 2017, 09:53:14 AM

bwayphreak234 said: "I saw Andrew Call go on last night. I have previously seen the show twice before with Andy Karl. While Andrew Call was great, I still really missed Andy Karl, and seeing the show without him in it made it even more evident just how much Karl brings to the show. Andy Karl has this insane sense of charm and charisma that he brings to the role and the show that I think only he can pull off.

"

We saw Andrew Carl back in April dur

THE OFFICIAL 2017 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD  Jun 12 2017, 01:00:09 PM

theater_tech said: "Considering Rachel Bay Jones and Mike Faist were also nominated, I also thought they were going to do another song."

Reading back on threads...

I thought Ben Platt's performance was amazing.  Very moving and I loved seeing him again, even in not in person.  I love Waving Through a Window, and I only had to hear it once to be captured and know that when we came to NY this is the musical I wanted to see (little did I know at the

Dear Evan Hansen Standing Room  Jun 12 2017, 11:27:10 AM

Robbie2 said: "DEH Holy Toledo...

They just raised prices for Orchestra $299-$399

Mezzanine $250-$299
"

Those are the same prices as when I came back in Aprii (at least for orchestra)l.  The premium tickets were going for $399, which is crazy, especially if wanting 2 tickets.  It was cheaper to buy on StubHub. (I got luck and a few tickets were released 3 days before the show so got th

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You