News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for BNN

BNN Profile Photo
Member Name: BNN
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Profile: Originally, in the Broadway play, Cassie didn't get the job. After a few performances they changed it, and since then always got a standing ovation.

o rly

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: London Production Of 'Spring Awakening' To Close  May 12 2009, 02:27:15 PM
Is it OK if I blame this on George Bush?
re: Reuters: Beyonce 'definitely' wants to do B'way  Apr 24 2009, 11:18:31 AM
They should revive Kiss of the Spider Woman for her, it's not too vocally challenging, and it would give her an opportunity to show off her dancing. Oh yeah, I guess she could act too.
re: Company cast recording: original or revival?  Apr 16 2009, 11:58:11 AM
Fall in love with the original, and then admire the revival.
The OBC of Company is easily one of the best cast recordings ever, in my very humble opinion,

re: If Funny Girl Came Back To Broadway...?  Mar 28 2009, 04:39:11 PM
I thoroughly second Marla Mindelle, I was lucky enough to see her in a few high school shows, and she has always been super talented and hilarious to boot.

They banked on a (relative) unknown with Streisand, I'm sure it could work again.

re: Carrie Fisher Broadway-bound?  Mar 27 2009, 10:10:01 PM
Carrie Fisher as Violet Weston.
DONE AND DONE

re: WSS Revival- Dance At The Gym  Mar 26 2009, 06:58:18 PM
PJ, I understand your sentiments and can only offer that if/when Karen leaves the show, I'm sure they'll be able to find someone who can do all the original choreography, and still give a great performance. I have no doubt in my mind there are tons of girls out there who could give Karen a run for her money, but just haven't had the luck or opportunity. I've found it very true that replacements are actually able to offer up performances just as good as those they replace, they just don't get the
re: Victoria Mallory and Kurt Peterson at Seth Rudetsky's Chatterbox Tonight  Mar 26 2009, 04:57:11 PM
Is this airing at all?

I'm in love with Victoria Mallory after realizing she was Anne in ALNM. How foolish I have been!

re: Last Pop Broadway hit song  Mar 26 2009, 10:58:15 AM
When the Evita movie came out I believe "Don't Cry For Me Argentina" was on the pop charts and got a ton of radio play.
re: WSS Revival- Dance At The Gym  Mar 25 2009, 11:08:53 PM
I'm not sure why Karen is recieving so much of the blame here. If you want to criticize a show you really have to go back to those responsible for casting it. OK, maybe Karen Olivo may not be able to dance as well as other actresses, but she was the one selected and I highly doubt she's not constantly practicing or doing her best to improve. I don't know if the current cast is full of the absolute best for this show, but its an extremely difficult show to cast, and it would be impossible to get
re: My Qualms With The WSS Revival  Mar 19 2009, 06:03:21 PM
>>She was giving it her all, but I had no clue what she was saying, so it didn't move me at all.<<

I would just like to point out, and I'm not targeting the original poster, they just happened to put into words something I love about the Spanish language being put in West Side Story. Isn't the fact that the Sharks are new and different something that makes the Jets not like them? Aren't they ignorant of the Sharks and their feelings because most of the time they quite literally can't un

re: Tragedy Strikes as Natasha Richardson Passes Away at 45  Mar 18 2009, 08:45:16 PM
Such tragic, awful news and I wish all of the love and support in the world for her family right now. She was a truly remarkable and elegant performer who leaves behind an illustrious legacy.
Natasha Richardson injured in skiing accident  Mar 17 2009, 10:57:53 PM
For those still following/hoping: TMZ reported that Vanessa Redgrave visited Ms. Richardson at the hospital she is currently at. I wont link to it, but its out there if want to read it.

I don't see anything wrong with speculation, until the official statement I think we are speculating as a means of hoping for the very best but preparing for the worst.

Natasha Richardson injured in skiing accident  Mar 17 2009, 08:00:14 PM
Well she was examined by doctors shortly after her accident, so they would have been able to detect something/if anything. I just don't see the reasoning for flying her to New York for anything other than some kind of medical treatment. If, and I pray that nothing serious did happen, there was something wrong, wouldn't it be reasonable to keep her in place and bring the family to her? Anyway, the only actual developments or updates coming seem to be from "sources close to the family" or just "so
Natasha Richardson injured in skiing accident  Mar 17 2009, 02:51:20 PM
CNN has an article up, saying that she was injured but it doesn't speculate from there.

http://edition.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/Movies/03/17/richardson.accident/index.html

Natasha Richardson injured in skiing accident  Mar 17 2009, 02:36:53 PM
I can't help but think this is another event that certain media outlets blow out of proportion that is gradually downgraded overtime, and I can only hope thats true considering its about someone's LIFE which shouldn't be overdramatically speculated on.

For me, A Little Night Music can wait, I just want her to be OK first and foremost.

EDIT: Perez Hilton is now sticking with TMZs story, and dismissing the Time Out New York story.

re: Natasha Richardson injured in skiing accident  Mar 17 2009, 01:46:54 PM
Perez Hilton is a moron, that site is in no way a reliable source of anything but drivel.

Nevertheless, I am glued to my computer trying to hear any more news on the subject and wish Ms. Richardson and her family the very best right now.

re: BLITHE SPIRIT Reviews  Mar 15 2009, 11:38:38 PM
Thanks Entertainment Weekly, for spoiling yet another show for me. gaaaaah
re: BLITHE SPIRIT Reviews  Mar 15 2009, 10:33:30 PM
I highly doubt Ms. Lansbury would stoop to an earpiece to remember lines, she's an actor, not some stagehand they threw in at the last minute. So what if she flubs a line or two? It happens all the time, I would hazard in nearly every show that has ever graced a stage.

Also, I'm not sure the Variety review is Very Negative, it sounds a bit Mixed to me, perhaps negative, but not Very Negative.

re: America on Letterman this week  Mar 13 2009, 10:05:40 PM
I don't really mind it not being original choreography, or Jerome Robbins' standard of excellence, or the blah costumes, I was extremely entertained by that video and its gotten me more excited to see this production. Remember that this is on a television stage , with performances meant to be seen live onstage, and I really don't think its fair to judge the production with any sort of certainty in any aspect until you see it live.

I also LLOOVVEE the program, and I hope I can get one

re: If I had to pick one of 2 PLAYS...?  Mar 10 2009, 01:35:26 PM
Blithe Spirit for sure, and if your Mom hasn't seen August, go see it again! It's much more fun to watch/analyze the second time around.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You