News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for NYUrickydrummer

Member Name: NYUrickydrummer
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Code for $20 off first purchase on TodayTix  Sep 6 2014, 02:36:00 PM
If anyone else needs a code, I highly recommend this app -- my code is VPKKW (this code has definitely not expired as asserted below). Enter it at checkout to save $20. Used it for last minute tix for Phantom and saved $20 thanks to being referred. Concierge was easy to find and friendly. Show was great (good to see one of Sierra's last shows).

HERE LIES LOVE Previews  Apr 9 2013, 05:25:54 PM
I agree -- admittedly, the ticket saleswoman admitted she hadn't seen the show, and especially that she hadn't seen the show from that seat, but that she was advised that it was very restricted and to forewarn any buyers.

I'm not sure if that's just overkill to deter me from complaining later ("well, we warned you" -- for the most part I'm just excited to be able to see the show), but I'm also not sure how they couldn't stop me from just walking in, having my ticket scanned/ripped, a

HERE LIES LOVE Previews  Apr 9 2013, 01:53:36 PM
Question for those who've seen this show --

A few "obstructed" tickets (apparently even more obstructed than the partial view seats) showed up for tomorrow night's performance, so I snagged one. I was told over the phone that it's usually reserved for wheelchair patrons on the floor, and that it's QUITE obstructed.

What I'm wondering is -- has anyone witnessed where this seat is? Is it really that bad? And is there anything barring me from just getting up and joining the rest o

Anyone looking for theatre bloggers/transcriptionists/copywriters?  Jun 11 2011, 12:38:58 PM
I'm an experienced theatre editor/critic/writer looking for gigs. More info here:

http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/res/2434284089.html

Sleep No More is AMAZING  Apr 16 2011, 08:00:29 PM
I'm not sure I went through the much-hyped "Narnia" door, but I had a similarly fantastic, personalized experience.

I just posted my review for Exeunt Magazine (which is a brand new, rather amazing online theatre mag) here:

http://exeuntmagazine.com/reviews/sleep-no-more/

Who's seeing COMPANY tonight?  Apr 9 2011, 10:13:48 AM
Anyone have a ticket for tonight that they need to get rid of in a hurry (friend dropped out, etc.)? If so, shoot me an email at richard @ exeuntmagazine.com (sans spaces).
Sister Act Rush Question  Mar 28 2011, 12:03:09 AM
On Saturday, I got there at 9 (box office opened at 10) and was eighth in line. There seemed to be 16 tickets; I was the second to last person to get tickets (the person behind me got a single since someone ahead of us bought a single).
Sister Act Rush Question  Mar 27 2011, 11:45:31 PM
I rushed SISTER ACT on Saturday and found the view to be just fine. The stage doesn't seem as high as it has been in the past (for SHREK/COLOR PURPLE). I don't believe they're selling the side sections of the front row as rush - just the center section.

The view was great; the only thing you miss is essentially the performers' feet if they're toward the back of the stage, and some minor neck-craning now and again easily makes the seats worthwhile. The energy of the show is pretty infec

Giving away a ticket to TIMON OF ATHENS for tonight, 2/27 at 7 PM  Feb 27 2011, 06:00:09 PM
Great. Ticket taken. (Will -- I emailed you the confirmation).
Giving away a ticket to TIMON OF ATHENS for tonight, 2/27 at 7 PM  Feb 27 2011, 05:32:15 PM
C'mon people...free!!
Giving away a ticket to TIMON OF ATHENS for tonight, 2/27 at 7 PM  Feb 27 2011, 04:11:14 PM
Hey -- I bought a ticket for TIMON OF ATHENS w/ Richard Thomas at the Public tonight at 7 PM without realizing it was Oscar night.

Anyone want the ticket? I'll give it away free of charge. It's a single ticket in the center section. If you private-message me your email address, I'll forward along the ticket confirmation so you shouldn't have any trouble picking the ticket up.

John Gabriel Borkman at BAM  Jan 17 2011, 09:18:08 PM
Here are my thoughts, as posted on musicOMH.com. I loved it overall, though it's definitely not a perfect or extraordinarily "watchable" play.

Ben Brantley: What 'Spider-Man' could learn from its neighbor 'Cymbaline'  Jan 17 2011, 09:15:53 PM
Yeah, it's definitely chomping.

Sorry, Pal.

Spiderman Discounts for AFTER previews  Nov 29 2010, 01:01:19 AM
Thanks for posting these discounts.

Is anyone having luck with the closer discount seats. I know the offer says it may not apply to all seats, but I'm wondering why seats in, say, the first row, show up with the discount price but won't allow me to check out.

Any insights? Most reasonably decent seats aren't checking out with the discount. Would I have better luck at the box office?

Affordable Spider-Man first preview options...  Nov 25 2010, 10:18:31 PM
Ya think? I've been checking.

Someone said they thought it was unlikely for TDF since producers for such an expensive show (a la YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN) wouldn't want to give off the illusion of being financially weak enough to offer tickets at such a steep discount.

I keep praying...

Affordable Spider-Man first preview options...  Nov 25 2010, 10:11:30 PM
Hi, there.

I'm a broke student looking for some way to see the first preview of SPIDER-MAN: TURN OFF THE DARK on Sunday night. The discount codes out there don't apply to this performance, but I can't quite afford full price.

Does anyone have any secrets? Or any indication of a student rush policy? Or any indication that it might be on TKTS that night. Or a spare pair they need to unload?

Anyone with any info, let me know...

Rush for Enron or Fences?  Apr 15 2010, 12:46:57 AM
Yeah, I asked today at "Fences," and they gave the same answer. Standing room will happen after the first preview, but rush is "unlikely."

Usually, I take statements like that with a grain of salt, but it is Denzel Washington in a limited run on Broadway. Personally, I opted to snag a last-row seat with the Playbill discount code for $46.50. Not too bad! Might be smart to use this while it's still being accepted.

re: REVIEW: The Philanthropist & God of Carnage  Apr 11 2009, 12:25:42 AM
We were at the same performance of each of these shows (I recognize you from the SR line!).

I don't want to comment on Phil, because it was still a dress rehearsal, and I don't wish the show any ill will, but I agree for the most part about Carnage. The past times I saw Carnage, I LOVED it (I also saw it twice in London and once in Paris), though, and this was the first time I began to realize that the play isn't QUITE as good as the performers (it's really a showcase for actors). I do

re: Third Story Reviews??  Feb 4 2009, 07:48:43 PM
Here's my review. I didn't like it very much
re: A question about the ending of KING HEDLEY II:  Jan 20 2009, 02:32:49 AM
I think you're right. She definitely fires intentionally. If I remember correctly she thinks she's avenging Hedley.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You