News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for WickedRentEder

WickedRentEder Profile Photo
Member Name: WickedRentEder
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Which Broadway performers have you seen in Law & Order?  Feb 11 2009, 03:21:17 PM
Gosh, so many people:

Tovah Feldshuh
Jesse L. Martin (duh)
Betty Buckley
Bernadette Peters
Julia Murney
Sara Ramirez
Amy Spanger
Michael Cerveris
Angela Lansbury
Alfred Molina
Kathleen Chalfant
Brian F O'Byrne
Ned Eisenstein
BD Wong
Jerry Orbach (another duh)
Anthony Rapp
Jane Krakowski
and many, many more whos names escape me at the moment!!!

re: Streisand Honored By Latifah, Menzel, Beyonce, Ne-Yo  Dec 8 2008, 03:19:20 PM
I thought about Linda Eder too singing "Don't Rain on my Parade". And I'm glad I'm not the only one who's a bit 'baffled' (for lack of a nicer word) that Beyonce & Ne-Yo got to intro Babs. I mean, SERIOUSLY?!?!?!?! At least Idina can sing better than all of those put together!
re: Mamma Mia! possible sequel!  Dec 4 2008, 02:31:03 PM
Lord knows I would watch Meryl Streep in ANYTHING but I hope this doesn't happen. For me, the movie was perfect as it was. I hope they don't do a sequel -- of course I'm open to hear potential ideas to see if it might work, but I'm still on the "no" camp.

re: Lines from Broadway songs that would make great t-shirts  Oct 5 2008, 06:07:24 PM
There are preachers who kill, there are killers who preach -- Jekyll & Hyde

Do You Hear The People Sing? -- Les Mis

It's Not A Crime To Love Each Other -- Victor/Victoria

Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better -- Annie Get Your Gun

re: Frank Wildhorn's The Civil War  Sep 27 2008, 10:18:06 PM
I didn't see The Civil War but I personally love "For The Glory". Great song!!!
re: RENT: Live from Broadway (Film) - Thoughts  Sep 27 2008, 10:16:29 PM
I saw it today at noon and WOW!!! I was quite anxious to see Renee do "Out Tonight". While not as many 'tricks' as Tamyra did but I thought she did a GREAT job!! The acting was quite amazing and I loved, Loved, LOVED Tracie & Eden!!! How cute is Tracie Thoms?? LOL!!

Will & Adam were excellent as well!!! I still prefer Anthony as Mark but Adam/Will are pretty much tied (if my sister knew I wrote this, she might kill me. HUGE Adam fan she is). Angel & Collins were very good (and cute) but

re: Another 'Mamma Mia' trailer  May 12 2008, 04:59:47 PM
I can't WAIT for this movie to come out -- July 18th can't come fast enough!! I could watch Meryl Streep clip her toenails for two hours and I'd be amazed by her! She's THAT good!!! Wonder if she'll do a stint on Bway?? I would hope so! :)

re: A Standing O in the middle of a show?  May 12 2008, 04:53:13 PM
Yep, I've seen it -- during Sound of Music. The first act closes with "Climb Ev'ry Mountain" and Patti Cohenour brought the house down...it's the first & only time I've seen it and experienced it!

re: Jekyll/Linda Eder Fans: Agree with Linda Comments?  Apr 10 2008, 01:59:24 PM
Yes, I agree with Linda! I personally liked "Good n Evil" but ironincally enough, I've been listening to the J&H soundtrack lately (with the original Bway cast) and the character of Lucy wasn't "properly introduced". I do think "Girls of the Night" was a HUGE loss too. LOVE that song!

re: Short audio snippet of Meryl's 'The Winner Takes it All' from MAMMA MIA  Mar 4 2008, 12:37:41 PM
Thanks 4 the audio -- i can't wait for this movie to come out!!!!!!

re: The Capeman vs. The Scarlet Pimpernel (March Madness Round 1, game 4)  Mar 3 2008, 03:23:24 PM
I never saw Scarlet Pimpernel, but I like the music. I'm going to have to go w/ The Capeman...wasn't as bad as the critics said, IMHO. Any excuse to watch my favorite Spanish singer, Ednita Nazario, is good for me :)

re: Broadway Legends of this Generation???? (future broadway legends)  Feb 27 2008, 01:26:15 PM
From this generation, I would have to name the following:

Audra McDonald
Marin Mazzie
Bernadette Peters
Idina Menzel
Kristin Chenoweth
Christine Ebersole

As for the boys:

Nathan Lane
Raul Esparza
Brian Stokes Mitchell

re: Cheap food during my March '08 trip to Broadway -- Help!  Feb 19 2008, 03:13:39 PM
There's a place called Renaissance Diner on 9th avenue (and I believe 50th). Large portions, good prices.

There's also a Mac & Cheese place right on 7th Avenue (and 30th or 29th) that's relatively cheap too...

Nothing around Times Sq is that cheap either, but the suggestions offered by the other posters are pretty good.

re: Defending the Caveman  Jan 28 2008, 02:49:14 PM
Thank you Infinite & Rose -- much appreciated :)

Defending the Caveman  Jan 28 2008, 02:34:26 PM
Since most of you know everything there is to know about Broadway since the beginning of time it seems, can any of you tell me if you've ever heard of a play called "Defending the Caveman"?? The show is currently open in Vegas and touring nationally.

I'm doing something for work (with the star of the show -- in Vegas, Kevin Burke -- and I for the life of me, don't know squat about this show. When was it on Bway (since they're touting it as "Broadway's longest running solo show"). Any h

re: THE LITTLE MERMAID 11/7 (spoilers)  Nov 8 2007, 03:16:57 PM
Thanks for the review, Lauren!! I'm going to see it next Wednesday...Little Mermaid is my favorite Disney movie...I'll update this next week!!

re: MOST HAPPY FELLA/I LOVE LUCY TRIVIA  Oct 19 2007, 04:35:45 PM
OMG -- how much is the entire series?? I want, I want!! LOL!!

re: MOST HAPPY FELLA/I LOVE LUCY TRIVIA  Oct 19 2007, 02:59:53 PM
To add to that...Lucy drops her purse (or Ethel's) from the balcony and they try to sneak in to retrieve the purse since in the purse was the rent money Fred collected from the apartment building. :)

re: RENT/London Photos  Oct 18 2007, 02:27:06 PM
Not to mention the guy who plays "Benny" looks like Ludacris! LOL!! I was SO turned off by the 'casting'. Judging it only from what I see of course. The hand held around Mark's neck looks out of place, IMHO!

re: Reminder: Raul Esparza on Pushing Daisies Now  Oct 18 2007, 02:17:35 PM
OMG kyle -- YES!! That's who the dress reminded me off!! Light in the Piazza! Thanks for pointing it out...I was kinda hoping for Raul & Cheno to break into song at some point.

Maybe sometime down the line :)

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You