pixeltracker

MOST HAPPY FELLA/I LOVE LUCY TRIVIA

MOST HAPPY FELLA/I LOVE LUCY TRIVIA

MyGreyGardens Profile Photo
MyGreyGardens
#1MOST HAPPY FELLA/I LOVE LUCY TRIVIA
Posted: 10/19/07 at 10:31am

I didn't read through all of replies to the member asking about the music from The Most Happy Fella", maybe someone's already posted this, BUT on 3/27/57, in an episode of I Love Lucy, called "Lucy's Night in Town", The Ricardos and the Mertzes attend a persormance of The Most Happy Fella". It was a promotional deal as Desilu was a partial financer of the production. It is a worthwhile episode to watch..
MyGreyGardens

kec Profile Photo
kec
#2re: MOST HAPPY FELLA/I LOVE LUCY TRIVIA
Posted: 10/19/07 at 10:48am

I remember that episode. If I remember correctly, Lucy thought they had tickets for the evening performance, but it was for the matinee instead. Because it was a "hot show" they could only get two box seat tickets , so the ladies went to the first half and the men went to the second half.

MyGreyGardens
#2re: MOST HAPPY FELLA/I LOVE LUCY TRIVIA
Posted: 10/19/07 at 11:07am

You got it ! That was the one !

MyGreyGardens Updated On: 10/19/07 at 11:07 AM

WickedRentEder Profile Photo
WickedRentEder
#3re: MOST HAPPY FELLA/I LOVE LUCY TRIVIA
Posted: 10/19/07 at 2:59pm

To add to that...Lucy drops her purse (or Ethel's) from the balcony and they try to sneak in to retrieve the purse since in the purse was the rent money Fred collected from the apartment building. :)

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#4re: MOST HAPPY FELLA/I LOVE LUCY TRIVIA
Posted: 10/19/07 at 3:18pm

re: MOST HAPPY FELLA/I LOVE LUCY TRIVIA

"Lucy's Night in Town" IMDB Episode Info:http://imdb.com/title/tt0609298/

Updated On: 10/19/07 at 03:18 PM

WestVillage Profile Photo
WestVillage
#5re: MOST HAPPY FELLA/I LOVE LUCY TRIVIA
Posted: 10/19/07 at 3:26pm

"Because it was a "hot show" they could only get two box seat tickets , so the ladies went to the first half and the men went to the second half."

and the girls noticed that there were 2 empty seats in the box during the first act, so they snuck back in with the crowd after intermission (with Ethel looking incredibly guilty), and joined the guys in the box, thinking no one would show up, saying something like "oh, they didn't see the first act, who would want to see the second act if they didn't see the first act", to which Ricky said "me and Fred.". But of course, these two people did show up, and Lucy and Ethel left the box when the usher appeared, only to return a few minutes later to share Ricky and Fred's seats ... yes, 4 people sitting in two seats. Ethel put her purse on the ledge, and Lucy knocks it over into the orchestra, and confusion ensues.

During the episode, they play the cast recording and you hear snippets of Standing on the Corner, Big D, and Don't Cry.

A very funny episode, and it shows the outside of the Imperial Theatre, where years later Lucie Arnaz made her Broadway debut in They're Playing Our Song, which is also where Desi Arnaz made his debut in Too Many Girls. And of course, Lucy met Desi during the filming of the movie Too Many Girls.

BrodyFosse123
#6re: MOST HAPPY FELLA/I LOVE LUCY TRIVIA
Posted: 10/19/07 at 4:21pm

I'm getting the I LOVE LUCY: The Complete Series Box Set on DVD next week. This is definitely the first episode I'm going to watch.

Thanks y'all for the heads-up. Though I've seen this episode numerous times, it'll be appropriately appreciated this time around. re: MOST HAPPY FELLA/I LOVE LUCY TRIVIA

WickedRentEder Profile Photo
WickedRentEder
#7re: MOST HAPPY FELLA/I LOVE LUCY TRIVIA
Posted: 10/19/07 at 4:35pm

OMG -- how much is the entire series?? I want, I want!! LOL!!

frontrowcentre2 Profile Photo
frontrowcentre2
#8re: MOST HAPPY FELLA/I LOVE LUCY TRIVIA
Posted: 10/19/07 at 4:38pm

Two curiosities...the girls are to see the first act and the boys are to see the second act. But HAPPY FELLA is in 3 acts (!)

It shows Lucy and Ethel leaving the box at the end of Act I but the song they have just heard is "Standin' on the Corner" which is heard early in Act I. When they return we hear the intro to "Don't Cry" which is the finale of Act I. Later when the handbag gets knocked off the railing we hear some of "Big D" yet soon after that everyone is leaving as the show is over. "Big D" is the end of the first scene in Act II so they really had a short show that night. (LOL)

Still it's a fun episode and if you watch the others in the crowd you can spot some of the Happy Fella cast members Roy Lazarus, Susan Johnson, Alan Gilbert, Shorty Long and Art Lund playing theatre-goers. (This is from a book o I LOVE LUCY, though I suspect their credits are wrong. Not that they played theatergoers but their voices were heard in scenes from the Complete original cast album - some material we hear from the show was not on Columbia's single Lp of the show's main songs.)

Cast albums are NOT "soundtracks."
Live theatre does not use a "soundtrack." If it did, it wouldn't be live theatre!

I host a weekly one-hour radio program featuring cast album selections as well as songs by cabaret, jazz and theatre artists. The program, FRONT ROW CENTRE is heard Sundays 9 to 10 am and also Saturdays from 8 to 9 am (eastern times) on www.proudfm.com

Updated On: 4/13/14 at 04:38 PM

BrodyFosse123
#9re: MOST HAPPY FELLA/I LOVE LUCY TRIVIA
Posted: 10/19/07 at 4:47pm

At $150.06, DeepDiscountDVD.com is the cheapest place anywhere PLUS it has free shipping. Now, if you want it delivered super quick, speedy delivery is additional BUT available.

http://www.deepdiscount.com/viewproduct.htm?productId=20895686

D2 Profile Photo
D2
#10re: MOST HAPPY FELLA/I LOVE LUCY TRIVIA
Posted: 10/19/07 at 4:58pm

Gladys Hurlbut, who plays the woman Lucy drops the purse on, also plays Lucy's mother in the movie THE LONG, LONG TRAILER.

Cheyenne Jackson tickled me. AFTER ordering SoMMS a drink but NOT tickling him, and hanging out with Girly in his dressing room (where he DIDN'T tickle her) but BEFORE we got married. To others. And then he tweeted Boobs. He also tweeted he's good friends with some chick on "The Voice" who just happens to be good friends with Tink's ex. And I'm still married. Oh, and this just in: "Pettiness, spite, malice ....Such ugly emotions... So sad." - After Eight, talking about MEEEEEEEE!!! I'm so honored! :-)

MyGreyGardens
#11re: MOST HAPPY FELLA/I LOVE LUCY TRIVIA
Posted: 10/19/07 at 5:46pm

ALSO, the guy who plays the theater manager, played Mr Wilson on Dennis The Menace...
MyGreyGardens

WestVillage Profile Photo
WestVillage
#12re: MOST HAPPY FELLA/I LOVE LUCY TRIVIA
Posted: 10/19/07 at 5:51pm

I wish they had come out with the boxed set earlier ... I've been collecting all the episodes season by season ... even had the entire collection on VHS years ago ... and that took up so much room on my bookshelf! But it is fun to watch them ... great for a Lucy marathon on bad weather days..

BrodyFosse123
#13re: MOST HAPPY FELLA/I LOVE LUCY TRIVIA
Posted: 10/19/07 at 5:54pm

This box set not only has the entire I LOVE LUCY series, but also the entire THE LUCY & DESI COMEDY HOUR series and the rare I LOVE LUCY: The Movie which was only seen back in the day.

Whoo-hoo!

themysteriousgrowl Profile Photo
themysteriousgrowl
#14re: MOIST, HAPPY FELA!/I LOVE LOOSEY TRIVIA
Posted: 4/12/14 at 8:21am

This episode is on TV Land right now!

CHURCH DOOR TOUCAN GAY MARKETING PUPPIES MUSICAL THEATER STAPLES PERIOD OIL BITCHY SNARK HOLES
Updated On: 4/12/14 at 08:21 AM

Videos