News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Joe Mike2

Member Name: Joe Mike2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Best Actress in a musical
 Feb 25 2006, 09:07:42 PM
It's over -- LuPONE has it in the bag, hands down!!!!
re: ALMOST COMPLETELY unknown musicals?
 Jan 23 2006, 10:43:33 PM
BLOOD BROTHERS played for several years on Broadway and is in it's 17th year in London. That's unknown??????

ANGEL -- the musical version of "Look Homeward Angel"
LOOK TO THE LILLIES -- musical version of "Lillies of the Field"
BAKER STREET -- the musical Sherlock Holmes is unknown to many
CELEBRATION -- a wonderful musical by creators of "The Fantasticks"
PLATINUM -- an earlier version of "Sunset Blvd" (loosley based)
CHARLIE & ALGERNON -- a musical version of "Cha

Poor Audience Behavior is spreading like the plague....
 Jan 23 2006, 10:34:38 PM
I see nothing wrong with wearing jeans to the theatre. But all of the other behavior we are discussing -- eating,drinking, talking, sleeping, rusltling bags is TOTALLY unacceptable. These people should simply be removed from the theatre. When I spend 100 bucks to see a show, I don't want these distractions!!
re: Baker Street!!!
 Jan 23 2006, 10:27:39 PM
I love that show and would love to see it revived, but I'm not holding my breath.
re: Odd Couple Cancelled Today (again, 1/19)
 Jan 20 2006, 11:29:38 PM
I agree. The show should have gone on -- with our without Nate.
re: First Preview of the Pajama Game (1/19/06)
 Jan 20 2006, 11:11:25 PM
Thanks for such a comprehensive review. I gotta see it.
re: What Crack Was Webber Smoking?
 Jan 20 2006, 11:05:49 PM
Thank you, Bobby. I agree completely. I saw them both and Close was a HUGE disappointment to me -- not only vocally but in the over the top performance. She played Norma as if she were 80 years old. Norma is 50. This is not a matter of interpretation. She has to be 50 to have been a silent film star. PATTI rules!
re: Babs as...
 Jan 6 2006, 10:43:16 PM
She is not too old and yes I think she would be wonderful. However, it was not a TV version that she was approached to do it was a feature film remake and she was seriously considering it until Bette made the TV version. Too bad because I have always thought she would be the BEST Mama Rose ever. [My second choice: Patti LuPone]. Liza would have been wonderful, too, in her prime.
re: LESTAT REVIEW! Must read.
 Jan 1 2006, 07:28:30 PM
Thanks for the wonderful, detailed review! Awesome.
re: Forbidden Broadway/Legal Question
 Dec 28 2005, 11:09:49 PM
I think they have to get permission from the creators of the shows that they are using the music from.
re: Will Mack and Mabel EVER work on stage?
 Dec 28 2005, 04:34:33 PM
Agree with you. I think Lucie would be fabulous. She is one of the most underrated performers around today. She is a magnificent actress and singer and I wish she would get another starring role in a B'way show. How about WITCHES OF EASTWICK?
AVE Q in VEGAS
 Dec 27 2005, 05:55:10 PM
Is John T. still in the Vegas production?
AVE Q in VEGAS
 Dec 27 2005, 05:55:09 PM
Is John T. still in the Vegas production?
re: Annie - The Generational Divide
 Dec 27 2005, 03:14:48 PM
I'm sorry but I thought Carol Burnett was just awful as Miss Hannigan. I usually love her but she just didn't work for me. Finney was fine and the Annie was OK. Bernadette and Tim were good. But what was really wrong with the movie was the director. He had never done a musical before and it showed. It moves so slowly. The TV movie version is better but none can beat that original B'way version which was stunning.
re: Annie - The Generational Divide
 Dec 27 2005, 03:14:42 PM
I'm sorry but I thought Carol Burnett was just awful as Miss Hannigan. I usually love her but she just didn't work for me. Finney was fine and the Annie was OK. Bernadette and Tim were good. But what was really wrong with the movie was the director. He had never done a musical before and it showed. It moves so slowly. The TV movie version is better but none can beat that original B'way version which was stunning.
Jekyll and Hyde Video/DVD
 Dec 27 2005, 03:10:08 PM
Anyone have any videos or DVD's of Jekyll and Hyde that I could purchase. Not the Hasselhoff version, but amatuer or stock productions that people have taped. I would be interested in seeing them.
re: Sunset Boulevard Cast Recording
 Dec 27 2005, 03:02:24 PM
The show was obviously way overproduced. And they stuck too close to the movie. There was no need to begin with Joe at the bottom of the swimming pool or to have the car chase which I thought looked ridiculous anyway. The whole thing needed to be rethought in theatrical terms. I still think it could be wonderful, but they would need a creative director not wedded to the movie and a star who can sing as well as LuPone.
re: Full Monty Movie Musical?
 Dec 26 2005, 09:20:25 PM
Agree. They have to use PATRICK WILSON. He was awesome!!!
re: Patrick Wilson in Show People
 Dec 26 2005, 09:05:16 PM
Agree with Mothers Younger Brother. Patrick is much hotter with his thinning hair than with a wig. I think balding men are sexy.
re: 'but no one in L.A. knows sh*t about theatre'
 Dec 26 2005, 08:59:51 PM
Right on, Singing Backup!!!
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You