News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Dave19

Member Name: Dave19
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Wicked OFFICIALLY coming to theaters  Jun 30 2016, 11:17:03 AM

justincharacter said: "Personally, Ariana and Adele for the leading roles. 

"

That is so offensive, it isn't even funny.

Wicked OFFICIALLY coming to theaters  Jun 29 2016, 05:48:09 PM

I think some songs can definitely be replaced or removed (especially some ensemble parts or songs like "sentimental man".

I also think they could use a song for the end credits, like they did with Phantom.

Wicked OFFICIALLY coming to theaters  Jun 29 2016, 07:17:21 AM

gypsy101 said: "why do you love the term "triumph of the fantasy" so much? "

Because that is exactly what this way of storytelling, this artform, this language is. The biggest mistake is trying to make it realistic or literal.

Fully embracing it and going all the way is the only way to go. It is written in such a way that certain notes create raw emotion. That is the basis of this artform. The idea that lame singing mak

Wicked OFFICIALLY coming to theaters  Jun 28 2016, 09:11:37 PM

Mediocre, insecure, toned down singing will not cut it. Not this material. This must be carried by sublime voices. The best the world has to offer. They should embrace it and go all the way. Singing wise, and cinematography wise. Make it a triumph of the fantasy.

Will they ever learn?

Anyone who even thinks of casting someone like Amanda Seyfried and therefore basically is already apologizing for the film being sung, should be disconnected from the project immediately.<

Hamilton Movie Cast Brainstorming  Jun 28 2016, 09:07:30 PM

Mr. Nowack said: "Another thread overcome by trollery. Gypsy get out while you can!!

In seriousness, I really hope they do the film unconventionally. I think if they did it like a conventional costume drama it would be really hokey. And people might call into question the multi-ethnic casting in an otherwise period accurate non-fiction based film.

Someone on here suggested a music video style version shot in modern NYC/DC etc and I think that could be cool. Even

Wicked OFFICIALLY coming to theaters  Jun 28 2016, 08:55:57 PM

Amanda Seyfried in this role would just be rude. Very disrespectful to the material, the composer and the actresses/singers that are suitable.

Hamilton Movie Cast Brainstorming  Jun 28 2016, 05:02:57 PM

gypsy101 said: "yes that's true. I just wish he wasn't so incorrect in his bashing."

I just proved you wrong. Are you still hallucinating? Just like you were when listening to the show?

And for the other racial profilers like Liza's Raceband, can you please, for once, leave race out of a discussion? Thanks.

Miss Saigon 2017  Jun 28 2016, 04:14:28 PM

Actually, there have been 5 different versions of Ellen's solo. (7 if you count the different versions of the same title):

1. What if he doesn't come back home tonight?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_Q8twl2fe0

2. Who says I'm hurt?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqInFvcSq_Y

3. Her or me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdDT8fLta5k

4. Now that I've seen her (2 versions actually, first the one with "there are days...there are days when your life clouds over etc, and later the one with "It's alright...It's alright when I just imagine" completely different lyrics and different ending. I think the second version was introduced for Broadway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UrLEYgPf6A

5. Maybe (also 2 versions, 2 sets of lyrics and different ending).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQ8tuBJ4bLE

Hamilton Movie Cast Brainstorming  Jun 28 2016, 08:36:07 AM

Well, listen to "What'd I miss" from 0:55. You have not listened to it? Or were you hallucinating while doing it?

And yes, there are more musicals with a head flip on the last chord, facing the audience in an affected manner, but that is why I say musical parody. Hamilton copied it, not invent.

I'm just glad that good shows do not do this.

Also the "just you wait" is not just in the opening song (again, have you listened to the

Miss Saigon 2017  Jun 28 2016, 08:25:32 AM

jonahke said: "Is there already more information about the release of the 25th anniversary show?"

The show will be presented in cinema's on October 16th, 2016.

(Full show + celebrations at the end with original London cast). According to Cameron, who has seen a rough cut of the first 20 minutes, it looks and sounds sensational.

After that, a dvd release is planned. There is no news about a date yet. I hope soo

Hamilton Movie Cast Brainstorming  Jun 28 2016, 08:14:51 AM

gypsy101 said: "in what way is it parodying musicals

"

Repeating the name of the leading character 40 times in the opening song. Topped off with an affected look into the audience by saying the name one last time, before the mandatory headflip on the final chord.

All the lame acapella chorus parts in for example "what'd I miss" (very musical parody-ish) and many other fill up material that does not make s

Hamilton Movie Cast Brainstorming  Jun 28 2016, 07:46:28 AM

I don't think this will work on film. It is way too musical parody-ish.

Great singing can be sensational on screen but rapping into the camera is a bit lame. Also, the show is based on posturing and posing which can be funny in theatre but not on film.

Wicked OFFICIALLY coming to theaters  Jun 17 2016, 06:35:26 AM

It could be amazing if the filmmakers FINALLY understand the importance of sensational singing. That is the basis for musical film. Embrace the artform instead of the derogation we see all the time. Switching between speaking and singing 3 times in 1 sentence, speaking 3 words and then use a shaky vibrato on the 4th does not make it realistic but very uneasy. 

Embrace the artform and then paint it in with the right cinematography to take it to an even higher level.

Wicked OFFICIALLY coming to theaters  Jun 16 2016, 10:26:13 PM

hork said: "It's Stephen Daldry, so we can expect a mediocre movie that will get lots of Oscar nods. Also, it's a film adaptation of a Broadway musical, so we can expect a mediocre movie. Also, it's Wicked, so we can expect a mediocre movie.

"

Also, it's a movie, so we can expect mediocre singing.

Casting without ethnic profiling  Jun 11 2016, 01:48:19 PM

Ranger Tom said: " I'm sorry, IMHO there is no issue with white children playing the animals in a Lion King jr.  If Leslie Uggams can play Mama Rose, white kids can play animals in Africa. "

This.

Anyone who disagrees with this is a pure racist. Even though they don't realize it. That is the sad part.

Casting without ethnic profiling  Jun 11 2016, 11:48:51 AM

Still assumptions.

Casting without ethnic profiling  Jun 11 2016, 11:01:32 AM

Liza's Headband said: "Dave, are you working on a professional production for Disney? If so, consider yourself unemployed in the coming hours, if not days. What a mistake to post this on a public message board!

"

I have news for you: The people at Disney like to treat everyone equally, so they do not think in race or ethnic profiling. They want equality and quality, and that means different ways in different countries. Pulling fro

Christina Grimmie  Jun 11 2016, 10:53:18 AM

Why exactly are guns allowed?

Casting without ethnic profiling  Jun 11 2016, 09:29:33 AM

gypsy101 said: "please go away. we don't like you."

I am not going anywhere.

Have fun with your ethnic profiling and keeping the gap as big as possible. I hope it works out for you.

Casting without ethnic profiling  Jun 11 2016, 09:15:42 AM

gypsy101 said: "

So what changed his mind? why can now any race play any role?

"

I am talking about roles here. Nothing changed my mind. I said that there are many roles that can not be played by a white or a black actor. Such as Effie in Dreamgirls because it matters to the story. If the story is not about race, but for example about a green witch or about cats or lions, then yes, any race can play an

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You