News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for AngelorPhantom1359

AngelorPhantom1359 Profile Photo
Member Name: AngelorPhantom1359
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

BROADWAY SECRETS: Wherein we confess our controversial opinions  Mar 27 2015, 09:22:37 AM
I loved Michelle Williams as Sally Bowles. I thought her performance was so interesting, different, and subtle. Her breakdown during the title song was so perfect and wasn't overwrought and scenery chewing as many Sallys can be.
Sienna Miller in Cabaret  Mar 8 2015, 08:23:49 PM
Does anyone know what happened to her? I just saw a video on Alan Cumming's instagram and she has a pretty nasty looking black eye. Was she injured during the show?
Mandy Patinkin: Just Say No  Oct 14 2013, 04:49:47 PM
I read this today and thought it was interesting

http://www.theatermania.com/new-york-city-theater/news/09-2013/from-far-away-places-to-american-horror-story-a-ca_66115.html?cid=rssfeed

Basically what Patti says is that she would love to do a one night reunion concert of Evita with Mandy, but she's been denied twice by Andrew Lloyd Webber. Sounds to me like it's ALW's way of getting back at her for her 20 years of hatred.

Cases where the Film was better than the Musical.  Jul 30 2013, 11:57:42 AM
"In terms of production design, I thought The Sweeney Todd film was better than the original production"

I can't

Hate against  May 23 2013, 08:35:09 PM
I don't think Patti has a problem with replacing. Beyond the fact she replaced Zoe Caldwell in Master Class, y'all need keep in mind she AUDITIONED to be Bernadette's replacement in Sunday in the Park, and obviously didn't get it (because Sondheim didn't want belting). I think that she's offered enough new material that she doesn't feel the need to replace.
Best Broadway Flea Market find?  Apr 29 2013, 02:32:59 PM
My opening night Playbill of Evita signed by Patti LuPone and Mandy Patinkin is definitely my most treasured find.
PHANTOM Question  Apr 3 2013, 10:24:50 PM
First off, the point of the masquerade theme is the motif that nothing is as it seems, and that the masks are what hide the true identities of people.

Second, Gaveston is exactly right, it's just a chorus number. If were going down this route then we'd have to ask what character wrote "Nothing Like a Dame" for the sailors in South Pacific or "Tonight" for Maria and Tony in West Side Story.

Third, the Opera Don Juan is not supposed to be intentionally "bad." The reason the peo

What first made you fall in love theatre?  Apr 1 2013, 12:04:52 AM
My first exposure to musicals was my Granny playing South Pacific at her house. To this day listening to "Cockeyed Optimist" brings my long absent Granny back to me.

Also, my mother constantly played the Evita LP with Patti LuPone, which probably explains my love for that woman and the show.

mediocre shows with great scores?  Mar 29 2013, 01:16:19 AM
The Baker's Wife. Great songs (Meadowlark, Gifts of Love, Where is the Warmth, Chanson) ruined by a plot that simply refuses to work on stage.

I'd like to second Love Never Dies. There are some really beautiful moments in that score, but the story just doesn't work.

What was the most shocking Tony Win/loss ever?  Mar 16 2013, 08:34:07 PM
Not speaking from personal experience, but I would imagine that it surprised a lot of people back in '88 when Into the Woods won best score over Phantom. Not saying that Phantom is superior, I love both shows, but I imagine that to those expecting a Phantom sweep that year it was pretty surprising.
what is the most overrated musical of all time  Jan 3 2013, 01:49:31 PM
Wicked easily. Listening to all the tweens horribly sing Popular and Defying Gravity makes me want to pull my hair out.

Also, I don't see what's so great about Oklahoma

Dear God, They Wanted Lea Michele For EVITA  Dec 15 2012, 11:02:39 AM
Broadway Guy. One word. False.

Her Glee performance was not only boring and uninspired, but they also used the Madonna key. Instead of having her hit the D flat on the word "never" she sat on a B flat. Big difference.

A Response to Certain Comments About the Singing in Evita  Dec 3 2012, 09:27:35 AM
Oh sweet Jesus not another Evita belting thread...
Tear jerking moments in shows  Nov 5 2012, 09:38:42 AM
We Do Not Belong Together - Sunday in the Park
No One Is Alone - Into the Woods
Finale of Les Miserables
Finale of Phantom of the Opera

Not quite a musical, but the last scene of End of the Rainbow had me in tears.

Best Unrequited Love Songs Suggestions  Oct 19 2012, 08:07:37 PM
"Time Heals Everything" from Mack and Mabel is fantastic!
Young Broadway actresses too cool for stage door?  Jul 24 2012, 12:05:42 PM
Speaking of Evita and stage door, does anyone know if Elena Roger comes out after the Wednesday matinee? I know she doesn't perform at night, and I was hoping to get my playbill signed by her because I already have one signed by Christina DeCicco and would like to have both Evitas.
Best Stage Door experiences?  Jul 17 2012, 11:34:46 PM
Definitely Patti LuPone. I know that a lot of people have a lot of opinions about her, but I had the most amazing experience with her after Women on the Verge. She came out and was in a fantastic mood. When she got to the group of people before me, one said (in very broken English) that they were from France and had come to America just to see her. She hugged and kissed all of them and told them all how amazing that was and how flattered she was. She then posed for a picture with all of them. Wh
Brooke Shields & Richard Chamberlain to Star in Premiere of THE EXORCIST  Jul 10 2012, 11:47:17 PM
I must say, I find it interesting to say how some of the more brutal aspects of the movie have been toned down. I've heard many interviews with Blatty, and he always has such interesting reasons for why he included the things that he did.

A couple of examples would be the vomit, Regan abusing herself with the crucifix, and the profanity. Blatty said that he believed that the main reason for demonic possession was to try and make human beings look animal, ugly, vile, and unworthy of God

New website for the Phantom Of The Opera Prequel,  Jul 4 2012, 11:43:23 PM
There is not a word in the English language that describes how bad this is. That is all.
One song/one scene characters that steal the show  Jul 3 2012, 11:46:02 AM
Grizabella in CATS. Whether or not you hate Cats, something amazing happens in that audience after she sings "Memory."
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You