pixeltracker

New website for the Phantom Of The Opera Prequel, "Angel Of Music".

New website for the Phantom Of The Opera Prequel, "Angel Of Music".

DEClarke Profile Photo
DEClarke
#2New website for the Phantom Of The Opera Prequel,
Posted: 7/2/12 at 3:00am

I wish you the best... even if I'm not interested in the least. May this endeavor be fruitful for you.

jimmycurry01
#2New website for the Phantom Of The Opera Prequel,
Posted: 7/2/12 at 4:54am

Why is this being called Angel of Music if it is a prequel? That title suggests a story told to Christine by her father which lead her to believe the voice she heard was the Angel of Music. He, of course, was not the Angel of Music, and never answered to that name prior to meeting her. The synopsis doesn't even seem to have much to do with his love for music, which further distances the title from the plot.

ClapYo'Hands Profile Photo
ClapYo'Hands
#3New website for the Phantom Of The Opera Prequel,
Posted: 7/2/12 at 7:37am

How the hell are you getting away with this? Not only is it highly illegal but that score sounds like it was written by a 5 year old.

rosscoe(au) Profile Photo
rosscoe(au)
#4New website for the Phantom Of The Opera Prequel,
Posted: 7/2/12 at 7:47am

Um you can't use webbers music without asking... And changing a cord does not make it new!

Well I didn't want to get into it, but he's a Satanist. Every full moon he sacrifices 4 puppies to the Dark Lord and smears their blood on his paino. This should help you understand the score for Wicked a little bit more. Tazber's: Reply to Is Stephen Schwartz a Practicing Christian

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#5New website for the Phantom Of The Opera Prequel,
Posted: 7/2/12 at 9:42am

Ah, so I see not much has changed since the first few times this was posted several months ago.

P.S. Hire a copy editor!

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

TheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
#6New website for the Phantom Of The Opera Prequel,
Posted: 7/2/12 at 12:25pm

Opening line: "I was born a poor, Asian child."

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2

AEA AGMA SM
#7New website for the Phantom Of The Opera Prequel,
Posted: 7/2/12 at 12:33pm

"Um you can't use webbers music without asking... And changing a cord does not make it new!"

Yeah, just ask the Pucinni estate how they feel about that...

taorminateatrogroup Profile Photo
taorminateatrogroup
#8New website for the Phantom Of The Opera Prequel,
Posted: 7/2/12 at 2:59pm

Obviously you have not heard the soundtrack cause if you did, you would know we are NOT using Webber's score, it is our own score we wrote. Im sure none of you have even read the script or heard our score. What a way to judge something before you have seen it. Trolls.

taorminateatrogroup Profile Photo
taorminateatrogroup
#9New website for the Phantom Of The Opera Prequel,
Posted: 7/2/12 at 3:00pm

Obviously you have not heard the soundtrack cause if you did, you would know we are NOT using Webber's score, it is our own score we wrote. Im sure none of you have even read the script or heard our score. What a way to judge something before you have seen it. Trolls.

LizzieCurry
#10New website for the Phantom Of The Opera Prequel,
Posted: 7/2/12 at 3:08pm

Ah yes, indeed. Nothing HAS changed since last time.

https://forum.broadwayworld.com/readmessage.php?thread=1035579

And wow, that was longer than I thought...

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#11New website for the Phantom Of The Opera Prequel,
Posted: 7/2/12 at 3:19pm

ANd AGAIN: if we had come back singing the praises of your show, would you have chastised us for our opinions? Methinks not.

You can't expect to post something on a discussion board and not have it discussed. How you are truly suprised by this, given what happened LAST year when you posted, is the most amusing.

The definition of insanity: doing the same thing but expecting different results.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Salene Profile Photo
Salene
#12New website for the Phantom Of The Opera Prequel,
Posted: 7/2/12 at 3:20pm

P.S. Hire a copy editor!

Are you available, Lizzie?

Updated On: 7/2/12 at 03:20 PM

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#13New website for the Phantom Of The Opera Prequel,
Posted: 7/2/12 at 3:21pm

The overture is the title song from the Phantom of the Opera, but slowed down and with some minor alterations.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

LizzieCurry
#14New website for the Phantom Of The Opera Prequel,
Posted: 7/2/12 at 3:25pm

Yes, I could be...

Marianne2 Profile Photo
Marianne2
#15New website for the Phantom Of The Opera Prequel,
Posted: 7/2/12 at 3:30pm

My dog doesn't even like it. She got up and started barking. I'm being serious.

"I don't want the pretty lights to come and get me."-Homecoming 2005 "You can't pray away the gay."-Callie Torres on Grey's Anatomy. Ignored Users: suestorm, N2N Nate., Owen22, master bates

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#16New website for the Phantom Of The Opera Prequel,
Posted: 7/2/12 at 3:47pm

And I thought the lyrics for Love Never Dies were banal. Yikes! That video is unbearable.

I think you guys possibly have the potential for some type of artistic pursuit in the future, however successful, but you need to find a different subject.

TheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
#17New website for the Phantom Of The Opera Prequel,
Posted: 7/2/12 at 3:48pm

SH*Te....

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2

Wynbish Profile Photo
Wynbish
#18New website for the Phantom Of The Opera Prequel,
Posted: 7/2/12 at 4:00pm

As was mentioned a year ago, and still is true today, POTO the book is public domain. POTO the musical is definitely not, and parts of the musical could fall under that.

In Gaston's book, did he wear a white mask covering half his face?

Although it is ironic that we are trying to keep someone from plagiarizing ALW of all people, let's keep it legal, folks.

BroadwayBenny Profile Photo
BroadwayBenny
#19New website for the Phantom Of The Opera Prequel,
Posted: 7/2/12 at 5:11pm

Suddenly "Love Never Dies" doesn't seem so awful anymore.

gabrieljwickedone Profile Photo
gabrieljwickedone
#20New website for the Phantom Of The Opera Prequel,
Posted: 7/2/12 at 10:45pm

Wow. You say the Overture isn't stealing Webber's work? Hmmm...Sketch.

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#21New website for the Phantom Of The Opera Prequel,
Posted: 7/3/12 at 12:24am

I keep hearing alludes to Andrew Lloyd Webber's music in the Overture, too.

As the writers of your material, the best advice I can give you is to get an agent or producer attached to your project PRIVATELY and not through a website. Your website is turning people OFF from your project. You're ruining your own chances. Stop trying to advertise your SHOW. Advertise YOURSELVES.

From the images on your website and the clips of your music that I heard, I am SO turned off by your project that I want to gauge pencils into my ears. I feel haunted by it now. So congratulations on that.

"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle

ClapYo'Hands Profile Photo
ClapYo'Hands
#22New website for the Phantom Of The Opera Prequel,
Posted: 7/3/12 at 4:45am

This is coming from somebody who HAS heard the "soundtrack": Give up.

metropolis10111 Profile Photo
metropolis10111
#23New website for the Phantom Of The Opera Prequel,
Posted: 7/3/12 at 7:55am

The mask from the musical IS under design copyright. It was meant to be a full face mask as is stated in the book but it was to difficult for the Phantom to actually sing with so while you can use a half face mask you will make sure that it can not be mistaken for the one from the ALW show. I think it's great that you are so inspired, but know that RUG will come down hard on this the more you make it feel like the ALW show and the law would be on there side.

Oh and note the term "Angel of Music" is also NOT from the book. It was a lyric for the show.

Updated On: 7/3/12 at 07:55 AM

hyperbole_and_a_half Profile Photo
hyperbole_and_a_half
#24New website for the Phantom Of The Opera Prequel,
Posted: 7/3/12 at 11:49am

I can't decide if your instrumental selections remind me more of Inspector Gadget or the theme from Troll 2.

Videos