News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for JaiMonster

JaiMonster Profile Photo
Member Name: JaiMonster
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: One thing I dont understand about BKLYN?
 Jan 5 2005, 12:20:35 PM
NiNjACaSANoVA- it really has nothing to do with respecting artistry. BKLYN lacks artistry all over the place. I enjoy the costumes; I just find many parts of the show to be confusing, illogical, and poorly written (this being one example, of many).
I also don’t think as an audience member you should just "accept" everything a show says or does because a performer says it with confidence and then moves on. It makes NO sense that she says that. That's my point. And I was just curious if anyone

One thing I dont understand about BKLYN?
 Jan 4 2005, 11:39:07 PM
I saw BKLYN back in mid November, and I loved their voices but did not like the show at all.
There are many things that bother me about BKLYN but the one I decided to post about tonight is the use of the costumes in the show. I was under the impression that the City Weeds are putting on a show/fairy tale and YES the use what the have around them (i.e. trash) to create everything but once they create it, as an audience member shouldn’t the creation NOT be trash anymore. The trash is the sym

BKLYN Live! OBCR
 Dec 11 2004, 01:30:37 PM
Does anyone know if the CD is available at the theatre yet? I know it does not come out till Tuesday, but it is available for immediate shipping already via Brooklynthemusical.info. Just curious. Any info. would help, thank you.

Jai

re: His Dark Materials
 Nov 9 2004, 11:07:37 PM
I saw the show when I was in London last Jan. and I did not like it at all. The group I was with enjoyed it a lot. However, I found the technical aspects and lighting (at points) far more interesting then the story. I could never really get lost in the magical world they were trying to create b/c the acting was (to be honest) not good or believable at all. The show (both parts) is also 6 hours and 30min. Needless to say it is long, and drags and loses its focus in many places.
As an aud

re: Snip snip
 Aug 23 2004, 10:56:14 PM
I may get my head chopped off for this but I would cut "I Know Where Ive Been" from Hairspray. (that or I would speed up the tempo so the show didnt STOP dead in its tracks at that point)

Jai

re: My Amazing Matinee at 'Caroline or Change' !!!
 Aug 18 2004, 08:13:38 PM
Did you happen to find out from Tonya if she will be in next week to close the show or what!? Im going twice next week and I hope she is there.

Jai

re: Standing 'O'
 Aug 3 2004, 01:25:13 PM
The Boy From OZ- Once Before I Go (Hugh)
Man Of La Mancha- The Impossible Dream (BSM)
Caroline or Change- Lot's Wife (Tonya Pinkins)

Three mid show standing ovations that I took part in b/c they were extremly well deserved!

Jai

re: tenor uptempo songs
 Jul 27 2004, 11:18:31 AM
Lost In The Wilderness- Children of Eden
Purpose- Avenue Q
Streets of Dublin- A Man Of No Importance
Into The Fire- The Scarlet Pimpernel

Good luck!

Jai

re: Assassins on sale NOW!
 Jul 22 2004, 12:33:48 PM
Sorry about that link guys, I copied and pasted it out of the e-mail... I think this one will work.
http://www.psclassics.com/

Enjoy.

Jai

Assassins on sale NOW!
 Jul 22 2004, 12:29:12 PM
Hey all I just got an e-mail from PS Classics that says they will be selling and shipping the new revival recording of Assassins off of the website as of today, Thursday. The official street release date is still Aug. 3 (so for those of you who cant wait go here www.pscla ssics.com)
They are usually pretty quick about shipping CD's, I got my little shop CD and Nine the day after I ordered it.
Good luck and happy listening.

Jai

re: CoC OFFICIAL THREAD!
 Jul 20 2004, 03:31:58 PM
Well I will be the first to respond. I really love CoC. I am a huge Avenue Q fan and was so happy when it one best musical. However the more and more I listen to CoC I think it deserved a Tony for Best Score or Best Book. Every word and every note is so perfect in this show. I also hate to say this (b/c I love Idina) but Tonya Pinkins is a POWER house and the more I listen (especially to Lot's Wife) I think she should of taken the Tony award. CoC is a brilliant show and I thank god in this ag
re: CAROLINE OR CHANGE Cast Recording
 Jul 13 2004, 02:37:53 AM
Plum- you are totally right. And yes I understand that cast recordings are usually rushed and hurried. Good point, thank you.
In this age of Britney Spears and the threat of digital orchestras (my point was) if tonya was hoarse or had vocal issues they could fix it in post production ya know? They left it in for a reason, just like she sings like that in the show for a reason. Nonetheless, the recording and show are amazing. CoC is one of the best shows of this past season!

Jai

re: CAROLINE OR CHANGE Cast Recording
 Jul 13 2004, 12:12:19 AM
It’s really an amazing cast recording. Go get it now!! Better yet go see it too!

Also I just wanted to say Tonya is in full voice and sounds great!! As to her being "hoarse" I don’t think that’s the proper term. There are points with in the show and the CD where she makes the choice to do things with her voice for emotion, soul, passion, pain, for the character, for the R&B/gospel feel of the score. Not b/c she is "hoarse" or can’t reach the notes. Listen to her on The Wild Party or Pl

re: Caroline, or Change- OBCR
 Jun 27 2004, 07:37:16 PM
Chip- I didnt realize it was a crime to post a message on 2 different sites. Just b/c you belong to broadwayworld and ATC doesnt mean everyone does, or checks them as frequently as you do. Just trying to share my enthusiasm for Caroline with as many people as possible. Sorry if I offended you somehow.
The point is the CD sounds great and its definitely worth picking up! (And yes its 2cd's so its a little more expensive, it also has the full libretto and some nice color pics)

Jai

Caroline, or Change- OBCR
 Jun 27 2004, 04:43:31 AM
I just finished listening to the CoC-OBCR (I picked it up after the show today, it was $30 in the theatre) I'm happy to say that the show was fantastic this afternoon and the recording is wonderful. Everyone sounds great and they really have captured the heart,raw emotion and spirit of this show. Check it out! It sounds great!! (PROOF: I should be in bed now -4:45am- but I cant stop listening!

Jai

re: 'Caroline, or Change' at the Tonys
 Jun 7 2004, 07:31:26 PM
I have been reading posts all day criticizing Tonya's performance lastnight and it may just be me but I thought she was outstanding. Yes she is sick and cracked some but her acting was fierce! I found that Tonya nailed 90% of the song lastnight and a lot of the "problems" (i.e. screeching and yelling and off pitch) people had arent problems. See the show! I think they are acting choices made by her to add depth, levels and emotion to the character of Caroline. This song is the only time we get t
re: Sylvia by A.R. Gurney
 May 25 2004, 07:00:45 PM
Hey-
We did Sylvia at my college a couple years ago and I stage managed it. Our director had Sylvia walking like a normal person. (not on all fours). When she first came on stage she was wearing a big sweatshirt and rags(hair not done, dirt on face). And then through out the show she had costume changes that fit with Sylvia’s description (I think she is french poodle and half something else, it says it in the script). So her outfits were these tight shirts and knee length skirts that had a f

Caroline, Or Change: OBC Recording
 May 22 2004, 05:45:45 PM
Hey all,

I know there are some fans of Caroline out there, and I wasnt sure if anyone has posted this or not but amazon has the offcial release date of the 2cd Original Broadway Cast recording set for June 22 (exactly a month from today!!)
There are also track listings for this seems to be extremly full cast recording, I know I cant wait! Here is the link...

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00028HOG8/ref=pd_sbs_m_1/002-1439734-6656035?v=glance&s=music

Jai
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00028HOG8/ref=pd_sbs_m_1/002-1439734-6656035?v=glance&s=music>http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00028HOG8/ref=pd_sbs_m_1/002-1439734-6656035?v=glance&s=music

Jai

re: Can AVENUE Q beat WICKED? Your thoughts...
 May 18 2004, 04:48:25 PM
Hey all, it looks like I ll be the one to go out on the limb and say it. Wicked is a MESS of a show and does not deserve to win best musical. (oooh there I said it!) I did enjoy Wicked. And I think there are moments in the show that are brilliant (i.e. defying gravity, Idina and Kristin’s performances) but these moments are exactly that, moments. Wicked has a weak book, anti-climatic music, awful choreography w/ a tragic ensemble, poor staging, ridiculous costumes and a giant, cool, unexplained
re: re: re: re: Bombay Dreams
 Apr 27 2004, 11:54:21 AM
I saw Bombay Dreams a few weeks ago and over all I did not like it. However I can see this show doing well with tourists or anyone who is just looking for fluff and a good time. The sets are over the top and amazing, the costumes are great, the choreography is fierce, the lighting is great and the music/score is great! The show falls apart with its weak and predictable book and its uncertainty and confusion of presenting Bollywood/ Indian culture to an American audience. I found most of the a
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You