News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for welcometothetheater

welcometothetheater Profile Photo
Member Name: welcometothetheater
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

AUGUST: OSAGE COUNTY Film Reviews
 Sep 10 2013, 10:10:49 PM
ray-andallthatjazz86, I read in article that said Julia Roberts was being submitted for Best Actress and Meryl Streep was being submitted for Supporting. Not sure how accurate this source is:

http://www.goldderby.com/news/4656/meryl-streep-oprah-winfrey-oscars-entertainment-news-386149257.html

My trip to NY Report
 Jul 7 2013, 01:10:02 AM
I'd love to subway but am forced to cab because I have a walker and the subway system as a whole is pretty inaccessible, even though some have elevators (not many). Will have to try the bus next time I'm in the city. Glad you enjoyed your trip!
Racial Stereotyping in VANYA & SONIA...
 Jun 20 2013, 02:12:47 PM
She said in an interview that her take on the character in early readings really helped to develop the role into what it is now. So I'm not saying you're being too sensitive because I totally see where you're coming from, but she had a hand in creating the character, so I doubt that was the intention.
Tyne Daly in World Premiere of Terrence McNally Play
 Jun 15 2013, 01:58:32 AM
It sounds like this play is directly connected to McNally's short one-act and subsequent film Andre's Mother. Can anyone comment who saw the original play or film? Fascinating that he's revisiting these characters, if indeed he is, in a "sequel" of sorts. Thanks for the review, perfectliar. Regarding the original one-act (I've only read it) couldn't have been more than ten minutes long, so maybe he likes telling this story in short chunks.
Did anyone play Audience Rewards Predictions for Points?
 Jun 14 2013, 11:56:56 PM
Thanks, WiCkEDrOcKS, that makes me fill better. I remember changing them before the ceremony last year, but this year they must have disabled that this year. Or maybe I'm just crazy.
Did anyone play Audience Rewards Predictions for Points?
 Jun 14 2013, 11:38:19 PM
I only got 500 this year and last, but last year I did much better category wise. I wish I'd waited a while before making the predictions. I got almost everything right in a column I wrote for my college newspaper online, but I didn't think to go back and change my Audience Rewards predictions at that point.
2013-2014 Revivals?
 Jun 11 2013, 02:48:59 PM
But really, GatorNY, I want to see that photo of Tony Yazbeck.
Thrilling theatre moments/twists
 Jun 6 2013, 01:01:36 AM
Christine Ebersole's "Another Winter in a Summer Town" and the moments of Mary Louise Wilson screaming for her to come back before you know whether or not she actually does. Also, the window framing her face at the end of both acts.

The last twenty minutes of Wit. Certainly not a twist, but gut-wrenching all the same.

Kristine Nielsen's phone call in the second act of Vanya and Sonia

Dan and Gabe at the end of Next to Normal.

The beauty of the wedd

Vanya and Sonia and Masha and Spike Stage Door
 Jun 5 2013, 11:32:01 PM
Kristine and David were extremely kind to me at the stage door. Signed and took photos. Sigourney also seemed lovely but I wasn't in her path. Billy was the only one who seemed to want to avoid the crowd, as seems to be common based on this thread, but on the day I was there he was chatting with a friend near the curb, which is certainly understandable, and his hood was up so not many people noticed him.
Laura Osnes or Patina Miller for the Tony
 Jun 5 2013, 10:51:46 PM
It definitely seems like it's Patina's award to take. I honestly thought that was a general consensus. Patina is leading the hottest production of the season and giving a breathtaking performance. If she doesn't win on Sunday, I'll be shocked.
Everybody's Talking About Kinky Boots
 Jun 3 2013, 03:34:56 PM
Patash, I agree with you. I too avoided it during previews and certainly regret that now.
Ethel, Judy and a very young Babs
 May 25 2013, 12:38:04 PM
I've watched this many times, but it still makes me smile!
Here Lies Love Rush
 May 24 2013, 03:37:08 PM
I also want to echo the previous poster's question. I have mild cerebral palsy and walk with a walker, so seating is ideal, but if I'll be seeing significantly better theatre, I'll stand for 90 minutes if I must.
LUCKY GUY: Consensus
 May 23 2013, 12:37:55 PM
I wrote this in my journal while the play was in previews. Obviously I was wrong, the play is incredibly successful financially, and maybe even artistically by some standards. The reviews I read were extremely tactful and sort of danced around the flaws of the script:

I love Nora Ephron and her work with all my heart. In the weeks following her unexpected death last summer, I really felt like I was mourning the loss of a friend, and certainly a mentor. I have such a strong desire to

Hate against
 May 23 2013, 12:30:22 AM
Yes, Pattil did replace Zoe Caldwell, and if I remember correctly she wanted to be the replacement for the Night Music revival, but Bernadette got it instead. Didn't she say in an interview that she "called Trevor" but he never called back? Or was that in reference to when the revival was getting off the ground, before Zeta-Jones was cast?

Video Review of SoHo Rep's A Public Reading of an Unproduced Screenplay About the Death of Walt Disney
 May 22 2013, 04:04:43 PM
Bumping this because the video is hysterical.
How Many Of The 40 Broadway Theaters Have You Been To?
 May 21 2013, 01:45:22 PM
18:

Foxwoods (when it was the Ford Center for the Performing Arts)
Minskoff
Bernard B. Jacobs
Walter Kerr
New Amsterdam
Eugene O'Neill
Palace
St. James
Neil Simon
Booth
Vivian Beaumont
Stephen Sondheim
Samuel J. Friedman
Marquis
Al Hirschfeld
Schubert
Golden
Broadhurst

MATILDA Previews
 Mar 8 2013, 08:00:00 PM
For those who've been recently, how long does the cancellation line appear to be?
Is Matilda selling student rush in previews?
 Mar 8 2013, 07:39:06 PM
Has anyone, by chance, tried the cancellation line?
Hit the Wall opening February 19 at Barrow Street Theater
 Mar 8 2013, 07:36:01 PM
Has anyone else seen this lately? Will it be a hit or sell-out, do you think? I'd like to wait until Tuesday when I'm in the city to buy tickets, but I'm afraid the performances next week might sell out with a great review.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You