News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for catharsis

catharsis Profile Photo
Member Name: catharsis
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Broadway Bee Cast Replaced?
 Mar 21 2007, 07:40:48 AM
Wow! I had a feeling that some of the SF/Boston cast might come to Broadway, but not all on the same day! They were truly a delight and I can't wait to see them.
Rob--Your going to spoil us rotten if you keep this kinda thing up!
 Feb 11 2007, 07:48:45 PM
http://web.archive.org/web/20030515043525/www.broadwayworld.com/board.cfm

Now THAT'S historic.

re: Go see Jared Gertner in Spelling Bee!
 Jan 30 2007, 08:39:18 PM
Great news! He was superb in the SF/Boston cast.

re: Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 1/21/2007
 Jan 22 2007, 06:17:56 PM
You know it's a bad week when Wicked goes down...

Sad to see a lot of good shows go so low.

re: The Official Musical Episode Of Scrubs Is Already Very Funny Thread
 Jan 18 2007, 09:26:21 PM
This is great. I love the Grease reference.
re: last show you saw in 2006
 Jan 3 2007, 06:35:28 AM
The last Spelling Bee in Boston.
re: Boston Bee-Who's going?
 Jan 1 2007, 06:47:25 PM
fishness- You're welcome! I think the cast enjoyed their gifts.

After some Mac to PC conversion problems, here's a few more.

(I'm in the red sweater)

It's sad that they didn't get a longer run here, considering the SF run. Boston theatre really hasn't been doing well in the past few years.

Dec 31 2006, 06:26:49 PM

Stay tuned for a couple more later, but now I have to go do some things.

Edit, hours later: Some technical difficulties, so what ever other pictures I have will have to wait until tomorrow.

Dec 31 2006, 06:19:54 PM
ha.

Okay, I've got a few pictures.
Here's one you're in, Yelli.

Here's Aaron. I'm in the original picture, but I looked really bad.

Jared showing some of us what he did to his Yankees hat upon coming to Boston. We unanimously agreed that it was a good idea.

and..

I have pictures of the others, but they aren't that great.

Dec 31 2006, 05:26:04 PM
Aha, yellibean, you're the 13 performance person! I remember the "ruin my life" comment- I was standing right behind you the whole time! Small world, huh?

I think you might be in some of my pictures. I'll have to check. It's definitely neat you were the last Marigold. I've been her twice, and have yet to eat my candy.

Edit: OH! I was the one who took the pictures for your group! Really small world.

re: Next Stop for Spelling Bee Cast?
 Dec 31 2006, 05:19:51 PM
Sara said she'll be doing something in New York. Betsy and her father also mentioned she'll be starting something Broadway-related in March/April, but she couldn't mention details. I think Jenni and James said they were going home for some rest.
 Dec 31 2006, 05:03:27 PM
Hey, y'all! I just got back from the show. It was absolutely incredible. I've never seen the cast so energetic and having so much fun. Stanley Bahorek was the most emotional, cracking up several times (out of character).

The guest spellers were okay. There was this one lady who decided she'd REALLY play along, trying to sing with the cast and act along. I'm glad they finally eliminated her because I think the cast didn't exactly like her. However, she did have a nice introduction; "Miss----- was Susan Somer's(sp?) body double in Thighmaster 3."
I volunteered to be a speller (and felt bad for all the lies I told), but didn't get picked.

A few different words were used today. I don't think I've heard indigent in awhile. And instead of the infamous 'caterjunes,' 'smoogligan' was used. Also, instead of 'xerophthalmiology', 'lysergic acid diethylamide' was in its place. The sentence for 'apoop' was great, but hopefully someone else can post it; all I know is that 'Guido' had to go 'apoop'.

Logainne's rant was nice and long, utilizing magnetic finger puppets that Greta Lee got Sara for her birthday. She dropped them, but recovered well ("They're magnetic..but not to my fingers"). It involved Condi and Bush discussing movies (Happy Feet, Dreamgirls, and something else).
Pandemonium was more nuts than usual and The I Love You Song was so perfect and heartbreaking.
During the Comfort Counselor's Prayer, James Monroe Iglehart did an awesome run at the end of the song. The cast began whooping and clapping, and he broke character to say (paraphrasing)"makin' it good for the final time."
It was very sad at the end, as a lot of the actors were getting teary during the finale. Stanley and Greta kept wiping away tears.

I chilled (and I do mean chilled-no coat) at the stage door to tell the actors how much I appreciated their performance. The pianist and I had a nice chat (she should get more credit). Everyone took awhile to come out, but they talked with the few who were there. There were three girls who gave them presents and had seen the show many, many times. Aaron J. Albano recognized me, asked my name, and we chatted for a bit. He's so pleasant. As soon as I said 'hi,' he just walked over and hugged me. The actors were very into hugging today.

While waiting for Sara, Betsy Wolfe's dad and I had a nice conversation (don't know how that happened). He was so surprised that you don't have to drive everywhere here! He said that Fresno is about 2 hours from everything, and they drive everywhere. In Boston, you can take the train or walk.

All in all, that was my day at the bee. Sorry for the length (this must be the longest post I've made), poor grammar/word selection, and random, unorganized rambling, as I'm in a rush.
I'll try to fix it later, and I'd love to find out who was there today (if I saw any of you guys and didn't know it).

Here are the finger puppets:

Oh! I've got some cute pictures of the cast that I'll post later when I can resize them.

Dec 31 2006, 12:30:32 AM
Bump.

~

re: Wilbur Theatre Stage Door in Boston
 Dec 26 2006, 08:15:16 PM
I love the cast. They're always more than happy to stop, chat, and sign things.

It's too bad that it's closing, though it did have a pretty good run. The last time I went, however, they closed the mezz and less than half of the orchestra was full.

re: Baron Cohen To Rap the Role of Pirelli in Sweeney Film
 Dec 17 2006, 01:21:45 PM
I'm still definitely going to see the movie, but that is just wrong. I can't imagine Sondheim allowing any part of the movie to be "rapped."
re: Spelling Bee: NYC vs. Boston
 Dec 17 2006, 01:15:55 PM
I just got my ticket for the final performance of the Boston Bee!

Anyone else going?

Dec 16 2006, 10:45:45 AM
He started 'cow' with an 'o.' He went "..o..w..C-o-w."

It's not rigged for them to get the real words wrong, but they use fake words to eliminate some of the spellers.

Dec 16 2006, 09:52:19 AM
I saw it last night, and I thought Elsa was okay. Although I prefer Betsy Wolfe in the role, Elsa did a good job. However, some of the spellers were taller than her, which seemed a little odd.

The guy spelling "cow" wrong...that was pretty funny. A few of the cast members looked rather amused.

It was a fun night, and I was Marigold.

re: BWW Video Show Preview: Les Miserables
 Nov 24 2006, 10:51:01 PM
Great video!
I don't care much for the show itself, but the cast looks amazing. I'm not too sure about Daphne's take on Fantine yet, so I guess I'll have to take a trip down to NY before it closes.

re: Patti Lupone at Reagle Players
 Nov 19 2006, 06:38:29 PM
I'll have to look at the other disc I have to see if there are any other priceless expressions. She was so incredibly animated last night- her face was all over the place.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You