News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for bwaylover86

bwaylover86 Profile Photo
Member Name: bwaylover86
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Bailey Hanks in London Legally Blonde?
 Oct 30 2008, 12:11:47 PM
She is doing High School Musical at the Papermill Playhouse in Milburn, NJ next. I am not sure when that ends but I don't think it has even started yet. So IMO it seems a bit fast to go from that to LB in London by early next year, although I guess that depends on what they mean by "early".

Correction: HSM runs between Nov 5- Dec 7. I thought it would be a longer run but they have the Nutcracker coming in for the holidays. So good for her if she is going to London!

re: Lauren Graham in Guys and Dolls
 Oct 30 2008, 12:08:47 PM
oops- sorry! I was half asleep when I wrote the post, didn't mean to write "casted". Fixed now
re: Lauren Graham in Guys and Dolls
 Oct 30 2008, 09:32:27 AM
Lauren Graham is really a great actress.. aside from Gilmore Girls (which I believe in the episode she sang she was drunk yes, but trying still) she was in "Because I Said So" with Mandy Moore and Diane Keaton and Piper Perabo. She was very funny and they all sang. She didn't sing much but I am sure they wouldn't have cast her if she couldn't sing at all since the entire family sang at family functions and such. She was also in Evan Almighty (which wasn't the best movie but she was good in it) a
re: Misheard Lyrics That Have Left You Puzzled
 Oct 30 2008, 09:17:23 AM
eastwickian is correct... gossip is worth its weight in gold is because of all the drama going on people were buying more tickets. Its like that saying that all press is good press. So even if people were dying or missing etc people still wanted to come see the show.
re: What is appropriate attire for the final RENT show?
 Sep 5 2008, 02:43:45 PM
lol she is wearing a dress she wore to our cousin's barmitzvah.. wayyy to fancy if you ask me. I am going for the slacks and a nice shirt. Thanks for all the help
re: What is appropriate attire for the final RENT show?
 Sep 5 2008, 02:28:32 PM
That was what I figured.. just nice jeans and a nice top (which is what I normally wear, or a cute skirt) but my sister wants to really dress up and I don't want to look stupid next to her haha The Nederlander just said it isn't black tie but you can dress up. Not really helpful lol.

What is appropriate attire for the final RENT show?
 Sep 5 2008, 02:24:43 PM
Please don't get mad or go crazy, this is just a question. I have never been to a final performance and some people are saying that it is a "formal" occasion and should be dressed up for, and others think it is just another show and doesn't need fancy cocktail dresses or anything of the sort. Any idea what would be appropriate for Sunday?
Thanks in advance for not taking this as "just another rent thread" and bashing me over the head.

re: So I'm kind of obsessed with 'Twilight' by Stephenie Meyer...
 Sep 1 2008, 11:44:42 AM
Anyone else read the Midnight Sun leak yet? Stephenie posted it on her website, its just chapters 1-12 but I have to say I really enjoyed it! It wasn't just a retelling from Edward's point of view but really different and interesting. I am sad she won't be finishing it any time soon now but glad to have gotten to read some of it! I really felt Edward's frustration at not being able to hear Bella's thoughts and even pulled out Twilight a few times to figure out what the heck was going on in her h
re: Autumn in Legally Blonde ?'s
 Aug 11 2008, 11:06:23 PM
When I saw her she definitely was in a wig and she was really all over the place with the dancing. She kept being either a beat late or early. I did not see her in whipped into shape and I doubt they would put her in if she can't do the other numbers correctly that don't involve jump ropes lol
re: Bailey exiting Blonde?
 Aug 6 2008, 10:57:27 PM
Hey back on the topic of the thread... no one jump down my throat, but I thought Bailey has a contract not for two weeks but with an option that she can be given two weeks notice? That's what I was told not that she would sign a six month contract later on
Oh and to the new-bee from her home town- yes that is a good row to sit in and you will be able to see her just fine

re: aubrey o'day is out tonight
 Jul 31 2008, 10:25:03 PM
does anyone know if she will be in tomorrow for sure? we bought tickets to see her and will be very upset if she isn't there
re: Reviews of Tracie Thoms in RENT....
 Jul 31 2008, 10:28:25 AM
I saw her very first performance at the Sat matinee. She was clearly a bit nervous but did fabulously!! She had a great chemistry with the entire cast and her tango maureen was great and funny- although her mic was too low at first and we could barely hear her (even in the first row) but she fixed it
The only thing my sister and I noticed that is slightly negative is that she is playing opposite Eden who loves to use all kinds of riffs and such so maybe it was just her first performance jitters- but during take me or leave me she was overshadowed a bit by Eden.
Otherwise she was fabulous, and extremely nice at the stage door!

re: Howard McGillin returns!!
 Jul 30 2008, 09:45:11 PM
yay! He is amazing!! He was the first phantom I ever saw and I had the chance to meet him a few times in his dressing room and he is also sooo nice!
re: Bailey's first without the 6 pages ragging on her Bio...
 Jul 29 2008, 04:04:54 PM
I saw the show this past saturday in the evening (7/26) There were a lot of understudies on, including for the role of Emmett and Paulette and Paul Canaan was also not there for anyone who cares lol. Bailey and Autumn were both on however.
Bailey was fantastic! I thought she was adorable and the dancing, singing, and acting were all terrific. I had only seen the show with Becky on as Elle so I can not compare her to Laura Bell but I thought she was great. And she signed for everyone after t

re: Aubrey O'Day in Hairspray July 18th?
 Jul 20 2008, 08:25:01 PM
She is playing Amber and Danity Kane is actually a pretty big group.. mostly because of Making the Band on MTV but they are pretty good. We are going to see her August 1st I am really curious to see how she does plus we wanted to see the show again anyway. Anyone know how she did so far?
re: 'C U 2nite @ Wckd!' - Texting In Broadway Theatres
 Jul 10 2008, 12:04:35 AM
Marianne- I wish it were true that the cast did not know she was in the audience but they were fully aware, even talking about parts of the show and such. It surprised me too but I guess they figured no one could see her so who cares? I am not sure
re: 'C U 2nite @ Wckd!' - Texting In Broadway Theatres
 Jul 9 2008, 03:59:29 PM
I have a friend (and if she sees this she will probably be pissed but whatever) who is an avid theatre goer- mostly to Legally Blonde and Rent, which she sees at least once a week each. I get really mad at her because as much of a theater goer as she is, she texts during the shows!
And to make it worse- some of the CAST is usually the ones texting her, from back stage!! Why they would endorse such awful behavior is beyond me. She swears you can't see her texting because she hides it under h

guess what extended....
 Mar 26 2008, 10:55:23 AM
Yeah we all knew it would happen, but now its official, ticketmaster is selling tickets for RENT through September 4th! I got my tickets already

re: is it true??
 Mar 23 2008, 01:27:26 PM
it is extending until August 24th, but tickets are not on sale yet.
Goodbye, ReNt, Goodbye ReNT, Just came to say good-bye ReNT, Goodbye
 Jan 16 2008, 12:21:36 AM
can't believe i just did this but just bought tickets for both performances that day.. evening show is almost sold out so buy your tickets fast!!! matinee still has great seats though
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You