Autumn in Legally Blonde ?'s

bwayboi0101
#1Autumn in Legally Blonde ?'s
Posted: 8/11/08 at 6:24pm

Ok so just a few questions that have been in my mind.

How is Autumn in the ensemble? Also with the dancing? I know that becky's original track was in Whipped. Any pictures floating around out there? Is she a carbon copy of Becky (costume, wig, etc)?

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#2re: Autumn in Legally Blonde ?'s
Posted: 8/11/08 at 6:32pm

She wears the same costumes Becky did. Her most visible role is during the opening number, when she appears in the window. She also gets her only solo during that song. She is also featured fairly prominently, though never speaks, in Take it Like a Man.

I didn't notice any problems with her dancing last week when I was there. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't *think* she is wearing a wig.

winter_sky Profile Photo
winter_sky
#2re: Autumn in Legally Blonde ?'s
Posted: 8/11/08 at 6:34pm

I think all the girls wear wigs. I think she's wearing the same style as Becky did.

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#3re: Autumn in Legally Blonde ?'s
Posted: 8/11/08 at 7:18pm

She is most definitely wearing a wig. With the constant moving around onstage and costume changes, it makes sense that she has a wig.

She came out the stage door and her hair was all pinned up under her hat.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

Vanessa2
#4re: Autumn in Legally Blonde ?'s
Posted: 8/11/08 at 7:19pm

She was definitely wearing a wig.

And she's in Whipped Into Shape? I didn't even notice.. lol

Zeitoujo
#5re: Autumn in Legally Blonde ?'s
Posted: 8/11/08 at 7:34pm

What line does she sing in OMIGOD YOU GUYS?

"Those You've Known And Lost Still Walk Behind You"-Spring Awakening

je veux te voir2 Profile Photo
je veux te voir2
#6re: Autumn in Legally Blonde ?'s
Posted: 8/11/08 at 7:36pm

she sings "Elle and Warner were meant to be."

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#7re: Autumn in Legally Blonde ?'s
Posted: 8/11/08 at 7:40pm

I knew I'd be corrected if I was wrong! Thanks guys!

jigblob Profile Photo
jigblob
#8re: Autumn in Legally Blonde ?'s
Posted: 8/11/08 at 8:33pm

Anyone know if she's gone on as Elle yet?

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#9re: Autumn in Legally Blonde ?'s
Posted: 8/11/08 at 8:33pm

No, she hasn't.

Byron Abens
#10re: Autumn in Legally Blonde ?'s
Posted: 8/11/08 at 8:50pm

Just knowing other young performers making their Broadway debut, I have a feeling it will be a while before Bailey misses a show. From those I've worked with as a stage manager, when they are that young and that new to professional theatre, they are very hesitant to call out because they want to make sure they don't develop a bad rep. It doesn't take much for that to happen. Look at how quickly both Emily Skinner (during Side Show) and Laura Benanti (during the end of Into the Woods and pretty much through until Gypsy started) got the reputation for calling out a lot.

carymetorent2 Profile Photo
carymetorent2
#11re: Autumn in Legally Blonde ?'s
Posted: 8/11/08 at 10:41pm

I heard Autumn had ot be taken out of the jumprope number...

"Less Of A Marilyn, More Of A Jackie" www.richardhblake.com

broadwayboy522
#12re: Autumn in Legally Blonde ?'s
Posted: 8/11/08 at 10:50pm

Really? I swear I spotted her in Whipped but maybe I'm wrong

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#13re: Autumn in Legally Blonde ?'s
Posted: 8/11/08 at 10:55pm

I don't remember seeing her in that number, but I could have missed her.

broadwayboy522
#14re: Autumn in Legally Blonde ?'s
Posted: 8/11/08 at 11:01pm

Well it is pretty hard to really spot people in that number because of their hats and the lighting, maybe someone can ask her at the stagedoor is she's in it.

bwaylover86 Profile Photo
bwaylover86
#15re: Autumn in Legally Blonde ?'s
Posted: 8/11/08 at 11:06pm

When I saw her she definitely was in a wig and she was really all over the place with the dancing. She kept being either a beat late or early. I did not see her in whipped into shape and I doubt they would put her in if she can't do the other numbers correctly that don't involve jump ropes lol

"That boy could use some Prozac"

BwayBaby18 Profile Photo
BwayBaby18
#16re: Autumn in Legally Blonde ?'s
Posted: 8/12/08 at 5:35am

<------Autumn during the finale.

verynewyorkcurious Profile Photo
verynewyorkcurious
#17re: Autumn in Legally Blonde ?'s
Posted: 8/12/08 at 6:04am

When I saw the show last Friday, this one girl in Whipped Into Shape really messed up, like to the point where she was the only thing I was keeping my eyes on. I couldn't see who she was, but I really think it was Autumn. Same physique. Again, I am not completely sure. I've seen LB twice now, and both times someone messed up in that number.

In the finale though I was observing Autumn for a lot of it. She still seemed nervous and unorganized. She slightly bumped into one of the ensemble members.

broadwayboy522
#18re: Autumn in Legally Blonde ?'s
Posted: 8/12/08 at 8:37am

When I saw it I was able to see Autumn everytime she was on stage really well and I thought she did really well with the choegraphy. I think there was one time she got off but for the most part since she isn't much of a dancer I thought she did great. During Whipped if it was Autumn, I wasn't quite sure, she didn't mess up.

Videos