News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for geissap

Member Name: geissap
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Cursed child part 2 before 1?
 Jun 23 2018, 07:31:52 AM
You guys are awesome. Thanks for all the feedback. We decided against it, they were decent seats at only $40 each.
Come From Away rush
 Jun 23 2018, 07:29:38 AM
Anyone rush this on a Saturday lately? Sounds like mostly Sro and partial views are given?
Cursed child part 2 before 1?
 Jun 22 2018, 06:49:38 PM
Got the option to get a pair of cheap tickets for cursed child part 2 but we haven’t seen part 1? Anyone else done this? We’re huge Harry Potter fans but...
Help with show choice?
 Jun 19 2018, 02:14:57 PM

Thanks everyone! I didn't have either Mean Girls or Once on this Island on the radar so this was super helpful. Will definitely try for Mean Girls, and Once on this Island on lotto. With a fall back plan of Waitress and School of Rock. 

Has anyone tried the Once on this Island lotto? It appears to be a traditional in person?

Help with show choice?
 Jun 19 2018, 09:53:40 AM

Looks like there might be an in person lottery that we could shoot for. I definitely checked this one out, looks like it could be fun. Thanks for the recommendation Armie!

Help with show choice?
 Jun 19 2018, 09:43:37 AM

We're coming into New York for just two days this weekend, and I've read as much as I can and I'm having a tough time finding something were excited about seeing?

We love big sets, big numbers, or funny. We've never really got the more "artsy" shows. I.e. I don't think The Band's Visit is going to be for us from what I've read.

Some of our favorites in the past:

Kinky Boots, Newsies, Wicked, Matilda, Mary Poppins

Some that

Cynthia Erivo in matinees?
 Jul 2 2016, 09:13:30 AM

Thanks aaaa appreciate the quick response as I'm literally in the rush line right now.

Cynthia Erivo in matinees?
 Jul 2 2016, 08:32:21 AM

I heard a rumor that Cynthia Erivo does not star in the matinees...is that complete rubbish from anyones experiences? Or does she usually not act the matinees?

Rocky Rush
 Jun 7 2014, 07:42:31 AM
I rushed this last Sunday 6/1 and I got there at 12:15 and lucked out. They had 1 rush ticket left and it was dead center 3rd row golden circle. Thought the musical was highly underated actually. I found it to be quite enjoyable...the set work is fantastic.
Gentleman's Guide to Love and Murder for children?
 Mar 28 2014, 11:24:10 AM
Yea I think so to. I didn't mean to make us sound like total prudes haha. But I do think there was a dramatic difference between say the humor in Priscilla Queen of the Desert vs. Book of Mormon. Priscilla had some areas of strong sexual innuendo and the F word was used on some occasions but it wasn't talking about *SPOILER ALERT!* mutilation of someone's "goods" and f-ing babies to get rid of AIDS. You know what I mean? There's a HUGE difference in my mind there.

Mar 28 2014, 09:24:08 AM
Haha...didn't even consider proper punctuation but I do now see how that was a bad idea.

We actually have no kids. In all honesty we're just not huge fans of over the top cussing, sexual innuendo etc. in any movies we watch or plays we see. Neither of us really enjoyed Book of Mormon or Avenue Q for example.

We just have a tough time getting into over the top raw kind of humor just trying to get a shock out of ya...it doesn't usually work for us. On that same token we love

Mar 27 2014, 04:47:52 PM
Perfect. This will definitely be on our list I like the sound of it. It looks like it has a Mystery of Edwin Drood/One Man, Two Guvnors feel to it. Is that a better description? Or does that suck as a comparison too?

"Gentleman's Guide to Love and Murder" for children?
 Mar 27 2014, 04:40:22 PM
I'm seeing comparison's to Book of Mormon but I really can't find much on this play in terms of appropriate for children? Is it "dirty" like Book of Mormon? Is there lots of cussing etc. someone put a movie style rating on it for me please?

Student rush question?
 Sep 20 2013, 07:58:54 PM
If I'm a student and my wife is not can I buy two tickets and she can use one? Or do they check student ids for both? Big fish is what we're looking at.
On our way to NYC again...need help from you experts
 Sep 11 2013, 02:23:49 PM
Well this sounds pretty unanimous on the Pippin front so that's good. I'll definitely try to get to Pippin. It's on TDF almost everyday so if I fail at the lotto for Kinky that seems like a good backup plan. The partial view seats people get from Rush tickets have some mixed reviews?

Three questions:
Once - Someone compared Once to Jersey Boys up above? It doesn't look anything like Jersey Boys to me so can I get some more detail about this one? Were more into big stages, fun mus

Sep 10 2013, 09:57:11 AM
Pippin's on rush that would be great. I have questions though. We we're not very into the cirque de soleil shows we've seen, and we liked Traces but it certainly didn't blow our minds. Is it comparable to those? Or would you say no?
 Sep 10 2013, 09:07:28 AM
So we're coming to NYC. We've been about 3-4 times now and we always try to get 3 or 4 shows in. Hoping you guys can help me pick some shows since you guys have never disappointed me in the past. Here's what we've seen and how we'd rank them to give you an idea.

Loved em:
Mystery of Edwin Drood
Newsies
Jersey Boys (Vegas)
Priscilla Queen of the Desert
Wicked

Liked em':
Mary Poppins
Memphis
Les Miserables (On Tour)

These were ok:
Elf

Help me pick some shows for my Christmas visit please?
 Dec 15 2012, 09:44:28 PM
I was just reading about the harsh language in Jersey Boys. My wife hates watching movies where every other word is the F word that might've just got voted off. Might be Peter and the Starcatcher and Drood now.
 Dec 15 2012, 09:35:24 PM
So we'll get in sometime around noonish on Wednesday November 19th. Do you think it'll be possible to score general/student rush for either Drood or Jersey Boys? Or no freaking way they'll all be gone right at 10?
 Dec 15 2012, 04:51:02 PM
There was a bit of a hyperbole in there sally. I mean I get it. Warhorse was considered a play. We just really like the "musical live-singing" aspect of the shows we've seen. I mean if you look at my top 4 you can kinda tell. I'm definitely open to the idea, I've added it to my list for sure. Alot of people talk about peter and the starcatcher on here.

You guys have convinced me on Edwin Drood. I have one more slot and it'll be either Peter and the Starcatcher, Jersey Boys or Nice Work

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You