News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for broadwayriff

Member Name: broadwayriff
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Sit-downs in LA and Chicago
 May 25 2012, 08:55:40 PM
Phantom played over 1700 performances in it's intial run ath the Ahmanson. That same production went to play five more years in San Francisco in a sit down run. Lion King played only 950 at the Pantages in LA.

WICKED cast change - any word?
 May 1 2012, 07:51:21 PM
I heard that Kyle Dean Massey might be returning in the summer.
re: Famous Standbys-Understudies, etc.
 Apr 9 2012, 05:22:29 PM
Rebecca Lucker for Sarah Brightman in "Phantom"
EVITA Reviews
 Apr 5 2012, 08:44:59 PM
Did someone mention before that people loved Patinkin more on opening night than Lupone? Is this history repeating itself?!

Fun Sunday Speculation: prince of broadway?
 Apr 1 2012, 10:49:27 AM
It's pretty obvious that Sierra will do the Phantom portion of the show.
According to Amazon: Newsies OBCR to be released May 15, 2012.
 Mar 25 2012, 06:51:29 PM
There's no way I can wait that long!
JCS Reviews
 Mar 23 2012, 06:22:12 AM
I expected the reviews to be very mixed on this. Although I thought the Times was better than I expected it to be.
JCS Reviews
 Mar 22 2012, 09:36:13 PM
This might be irrelevant but ALW and Tim Rice joined the cast onstage for the opening. Pics on their Facebbook
Sondheim is 82 tomorrow!
 Mar 22 2012, 06:32:48 AM
To celebrate Mr.Sondheim's and ALW's birthday I rewatch their "Dueling Piano's" over and over again. I love them SO MUCH! Just had to put that out there.
TONY Time: ONCE versus NEWSIES
 Mar 19 2012, 05:59:11 AM
How about a more interesting prediction EVITA vs. Follies
Evita
 Mar 13 2012, 03:22:07 PM
I think alot of the problem here is that unlike "Follies" or "Sweeney Todd" or any other great musical revived multiple times, is that there's nothing but the original to compare it to. I like Elena's vocals because she seems more serious and more threatning than others who I think could be over animated at times. And the point about not liking Eva, ALW has even said that he found it difficult to write for her because she is likeable.

Trip Report 3/9/12-3/11/12, Long
 Mar 12 2012, 02:49:41 PM
I saw Marni Raab a few years ago and felt the same way. It's too bad that you didn't see Trista Moldovan who is pretty great in the role.
re: nicest b'way actor
 Mar 12 2012, 01:16:54 PM
Aaron Tveit after a matinee of "Catch Me.." in the dying heat of July. He was the first out and talked with people and answered questions and was extremely polite.
judy kaye replaces madeline kahn in on 20th century?what is the real story?
 Mar 12 2012, 12:34:54 PM
The irony of it all is that Kaye was just a chorus girl who went on for the "diva" of the show and became a star, and then ten years later she played the "diva" in "Phantom" who was upstaged by the understudy,in a Hal Prince show. Talk about art imitating life.
Liz McCartney----Phantom
 Mar 1 2012, 12:42:13 PM
Liz left the show back in July and joined the tour of Wicked as Morrible. Michele McConnell is currently playing Carlotta.
Phantom's 10,000th performance
 Feb 12 2012, 12:22:38 PM
I was there and it was wonderful. Hugh and Trista are wonderful together. The whole cast was great, but Kevin Ligon needs to understand that he's playing the stern manager. He seemed to cocky.

Gillian Lynne is the best! I would rather her ramble about the creation of the show than have ALW plug one of his upcoming shows. Hal was missed, but a truly sincere letter. Cameron and the London company was a great conclusion and very sweet. I sat in the fourth row so didn't notice the dry ice.

Phantom's 10,000th! Who's going?
 Feb 2 2012, 05:10:56 PM
I'll be there in the orchestra. Starting to get excited. I've never seen Hugh Panaro before but heard he's wonderful. I'm sure Hal and ALW will be there. I think Cameron might be there to since he announced he was coming over at SB's Les Mis announcement. Not sure though.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You