News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for MaybeN2N

Member Name: MaybeN2N
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Carrie Article from 1997
 Feb 17 2012, 02:47:30 PM

Carrie Article from 1997
 Feb 17 2012, 02:47:29 PM
It is true at we don't see any literal happiness between the two, however, it is firmly established that they do love each other. Although I haven't seen the current staging, I would also assume that they smile at each other during "Open Your Heart". I would assume at some point, there was more happiness as well.

However, this is a lyric. Smiles are a metaphor, not literal.

I see this more as a disappointment in Margaret's characterisation, which I realise not everyone likes.

Carrie Article from 1997
 Feb 17 2012, 02:10:50 PM
I'm sorry, newintown, but those lyrics are not that vague.
From the context of the song, at the point of the lyric "All the smiles I used to see, are not for me," we already know she is imagining life without Carrie and proclaiming that she must kill Carrie in order to save her. All the metaphors so far are obviously about the absence of Carrie and this one is not difference. Carrie loves her mama and the happiness Carrie shows around her mother (albeit few and far between) is very dear to M

Other than Margaret
 Feb 14 2012, 01:48:00 AM
Sorry to make a slight detour in the discussion, but I was wondering...
Is "Once You See" similar to the song from the 2009 reading? With heavy callbacks to "Her Mother Should Have Told Her"? Or has It changed since then?

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You