News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for beckie_nyc

Member Name: beckie_nyc
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: What is YOUR 'Drowsy Chaperone'?
 Apr 6 2006, 12:28:03 AM
Spamalot OCR, waiting for Drowsy to release a recording.
re: THE DROWSY CHAPERONE first preview reviews?
 Apr 4 2006, 08:56:52 PM
Humph. I am sorry those tourists spoiled it for you hushpuppy. It was such a great show. I probably would have killed them.
re: Favorite Musical - (1 rule. It can't be WICKED)
 Apr 4 2006, 08:50:34 PM
Drowsy Chaperone
re: The Drowsy Chaperone--rating??
 Apr 3 2006, 06:51:27 PM
I will take my six year old to the first preview tonight. We're all excited. Will let you know how it went.
BYE BYE PIERCE, BEALE AND AZARIA - SPAMALOT
 Apr 2 2006, 11:19:43 PM
That's it. Bye guys. We had a great time. (I personally can't wait for 'Curtains' to open in the fall...) However, I was surprised that Mike Nichols couldn't hold it together for at least one consecutive sentence. We were all sad and emotional, but still. Pierce and Azaria (with flowers in arms) and the audience seemed to be surprised, sad at the shortness and lack of importance of it all. It was a wonderful show, however, with quite a few references to the good-bye and nice ad libs throughout.
re: fall/winter theater predictions
 Mar 31 2006, 07:45:33 AM
CURTAINS (Kander/Ebb) might come to New York in the fall. It starts in LA this summer.
re: Spamalot cancellation tickets
 Mar 24 2006, 06:36:56 PM
Yes, you'll have to pay cash.
re: Spamalot cancellation tickets
 Mar 24 2006, 10:16:51 AM
A friend of mine went to the theatre at around 5.20pm on a Wednesday, was the first in line, and got nice Orch seats within 15 minutes. Good luck!
re: Thoughts on Spamalot
 Mar 17 2006, 07:03:21 PM
I've taken my six year old twice. She loved it. Some parts are really not appropriate for kids that age. However, I thought most of it went right over her head. Hope this helps.
re: Broadway people on BWW
 Mar 15 2006, 06:38:08 PM
Chris Sieber reads ATC
re: DROWSY Discount Codes?
 Mar 13 2006, 11:30:28 PM
Playbill discount is out there. It's going to be a blast!
re: Spamalot and Wicked - this weekend
 Mar 3 2006, 12:36:40 AM
Christian Borle was out. I hope he'll be back when you see it, it just isn't the same without him.
re: Spamalot vs Wicked
 Mar 3 2006, 12:34:11 AM
Spamalot it is.
re: Bad Audience Behavior
 Feb 27 2006, 07:21:53 PM
Yes, funny. In Germany you have absolutely no cell phone reception in movie theaters. They block it. Nobody has ever complained about it. If you have your kid with a sitter you don't trust, you can leave your cell with an usher and he'll get you, if something comes up (how did we all survive before cell phones came along, eh?) However, I am not sure about theatres or opera houses for that matter. Will ask around.
re: Spamalot - Can someone help us London fans?
 Feb 20 2006, 11:51:56 AM
Little tidbit of info from Variety. Hope this helps...

Merry monarch stages royal flush
British invasion attacks B'way

By DAVID ROONEY

In the past month's British invasion of Broadway, three esteemed stage vets from across the Pond have coated a fresh veneer of class on last season's hit shows. Not to detract from what Eileen Atkins brings to "Doubt" or Jonathan Pryce to "Dirty Rotten Scoundrels," but it's hard to imagine anyone having a more infectious good tim

Spamalot: Pierce Azaria Last Show April 2
 Feb 20 2006, 09:33:45 AM
How do you think that will go? Probably in favor of Drowsy Chaperone? 'Curtains' sounds very promising though. David Hyde Pierce pulls quite a bit of star power, too.
 Feb 20 2006, 09:13:56 AM
That's not 'overhyped' but 'overpriced'.
re: Spamalot - Can someone help us London fans?
 Feb 20 2006, 07:58:08 AM
We still haven't heard back on Mr. Curry being entirely 'miserable' during his Broadway run of Spamalot, have we?

I just heard him say (after leaving) that he is getting to old for this.

I have yet to see Mr. Beale at the stage door (dito Mr. Sieber.) Sorry.

Feb 19 2006, 09:51:28 PM
Hmm. Good question. That would be a very short commitment, if Drowsy Chaperone turns out to be a hit.
 Feb 19 2006, 08:56:48 PM
Yup. Curtains looks very promising. It will star old Frasier pal Edward Hibbert, too. What a delight for the fall.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You