News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for rja16

rja16 Profile Photo
Member Name: rja16
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

TAYE DIGGS Is the Next Hedwig!
 May 18 2015, 02:05:44 PM

Taye Diggs will join Hedwig for 12 weeks this Summer. Didn't see it coming, but I think this is an incredible choice.

Newsies Seating
 Aug 10 2014, 09:19:31 PM
Buying tickets for Newsies, and I was just wondering what the last few rows of the mezzanine are like? Is there a full view of the stage?
Best Off-Broadway Show Currently Running
 Mar 31 2014, 12:02:41 AM
"Murder for Two" at New World Stages is incredible. Everyone should go see it.
Jane Lynch after evening performances?
 Jul 4 2013, 01:49:28 PM
What I've heard from the guy who works at the stage door at the Palace is that she comes out about 50% of the time, and doesn't have a consistent schedule, so on any given day she may come out and sign. I also heard that when she does come out she's incredibly nice, so good luck trying to meet her.
PETER AND THE STARCATCHER to Move to New World Stages after Broadway Closing
 Jan 2 2013, 12:35:28 AM
Easily one of the best and most creative shows I've ever seen. So happy to see it live on. Can't wait to see it again.
Tear jerking moments in shows
 Nov 6 2012, 04:39:18 PM
In The Heights- From when abuela claudia dies to the end
Musicals based off of NOTHING else
 Sep 6 2012, 07:17:31 PM
In the Heights
Help me pick a show? 3rd NYC visit
 Jul 20 2012, 07:12:42 PM
Peter and the Starcatcher is one of the best shows on broadway right now, if not the best. It is so much fun. I have heard that Matthew Saldivar isn't as good as Christian Borle, but still, the show has to much amazingness built into it, it'll still be incredible regardless of who is black stache.
Peter and the Starcatcher - Yes/No??
 Jun 30 2012, 12:13:33 AM
Saw it tonight, made sure to get to it while Borle was still there, and it was incredible. I can't see many people being able to put on the performance Borle did, if you can SEE IT TOMORROW! Besides Borle, it was just such an incredible show that even if you can't make it while he's there, still see it
Which recent shows do you think will eventually get revivals?
 Jun 23 2012, 01:51:21 PM
In The Heights will get a revival if they can find the financial backing. no doubt in my mind we'll see the scottsboro boys back: it's too good to keep away forever.
So will Daddy Warbucks be a name?
 May 27 2012, 01:29:16 PM
Hugh Laurie would be the best
What's Your Favorite Song from
 May 17 2012, 10:08:06 PM
Don't Say Yes Until I Finish Talking...that is when Christian Borle preforms it
Shubert Theatre/Memphis Seating Question
 May 10 2012, 11:57:10 PM
Both will give you a good/full view, but it's always better to be a little lower: so I'd definitely go with the mezzanine row F. Easily one of the best shows on broadway today...it takes a lot for shows to win best musical and surpass the 1,000 performances mark. Enjoy the show...HOCKADOOO
BROADWAY CLOSINGS - call it!
 Apr 28 2012, 11:13:42 AM
Lysistrata Jones played 30 performances over less than 4 weeks. I don't remember the last time running for four weeks was equivalent to running for months @tom. Over that time it was pulling in less than 20%. The reason it closed so quickly was because it wasn't making any money. If Leap and Magic/Bird continue to pull in percentages similar to Lysistrata,I can't see either running for over a month
8 the play streaming live tonight
 Mar 4 2012, 06:23:54 PM
The play was great, and even though the actors were reading from scripts, i didn't feel like any of the performances were forced. Martin Sheen's speech was brilliant, and like Jordan said I think the performance of John C. Reily should be singled out. He was great, and the back and fourth with Clooney was hilarious. great production.
Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/26
 Feb 28 2012, 12:54:51 AM
Also with Nick Jonas, you can assume he's being paid significantly more than Sutton Foster is. Add that to what @Booth0882 said, and you can see why H2$ would cost more
Memphis on Great Performances
 Feb 28 2012, 12:39:18 AM
Saw the show Saturday matinee, then just watched the PBS version. Great show, but words can't describe how much better Adam Pascal was than Chad Kimball. Not saying that Kimball was horrible, but Pascal just went with the flow so much smoother than the forced performance of Kimball. Even though I thought the show was great, so I probably will watch the PBS performance again, Kimball almost makes it unwatchable, and to anyone who hasn't seen it yet, Pascal is a million times better than him. Also
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You