News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Playland

Member Name: Playland
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

The Great Gatsby  Apr 12 2024, 01:06:11 PM

Where is the thread for "The Great Gatsby" with Jeremy Jordan?

Shucked Audience  Mar 30 2023, 12:10:21 PM

I saw Shucked last night and was really surprised by how young the audience was by Broadway standards. 

I thought the show was great and Alex Newell (one of my daughter's favorites)  brought the house down with a Act 1 number.    

SOME LIKE IT HOT On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread  Nov 2 2022, 01:04:57 PM

Hi - I saw Some Like It Hot during an open rehearsal back in the Spring and wrote then how wonderful it was and that J. Harrison Ghee should win a Tony award.  I'm glad to see the reaction to the previews so far.

Beanie Feldstein Departing FUNNY GIRL on July 31 (Two Months Earlier Than Originally Announced)  Jul 12 2022, 09:22:40 AM

Sorry to ask - I'm late to the discussion.

What was the thought process to give Beanie the role in the first place?  I had seen her in Hello Dolly and she was fine but why were people so excited when she got the role of Fanny?

I'm not trying to be snarky - I just don't know.

SOME LIKE IT HOT- Starts at the Shubert November 1  Jun 1 2022, 10:42:26 AM

Hi - I saw Some Like It Hot during the Open Rehearsal - it was wonderful!

I was not familiar with J. Harrison Ghee and his non-binary status prior to seeing this show.  My friend and I both agreed that J. Harrison Ghee is certainly going to be nominated for a Tony Award as well as the gentleman playing Osgood.  Their relationship was the highlight of the show and was beautifully written and acted.

My only issue this that this show will

Mr Saturday Night - Break in Performance Schedule  May 26 2022, 02:45:33 PM

The show is not performing starting 5/29 and not resuming until 6/7.   Does anyone know why?

Ramin Karimloo COVID Replacement  May 4 2022, 11:20:45 AM

I'm seeing "Funny Girl" tonight,  Who is filling in for Ramin Karimloo?

Some Like It Hot  Mar 21 2022, 01:52:52 PM

I thought Osgood/ Daphene romance was beautifully handled.  There was never a "nobaby's perfect" moment played for laugh's but just a couple who fell in love without regard to gender.

SOME LIKE IT HOT  Mar 11 2022, 12:56:47 PM

Hi - I started another thread on Some Like It Hot after I saw the Open Rehearsal.

I thought it was amazing and stated that J. Harrison Ghee should win a Tony award.

All of the bickering about Tootsie and Mrs. Doubtfire is nonsense.  They were fine but not very good.  

Some Like It Hot was great.  The "Osgood" character is really well developed with several songs and J. Harrison Ghee steals the show.

If anything, Christian Borle could u

Some Like It Hot  Mar 4 2022, 08:33:50 AM

i saw Some Like It Hot in an open rehearsal at Stage 42 yesterday.  IT WAS AMAZING!

J. Harrison Ghee will win a Tony.

I can't wait until it opens in the Fall so I can take my family to see it.

Some Like It Hot  Feb 21 2022, 12:35:02 PM

Does anyone have any information on the casting for this show?

I received an email asking if I wanted to join a lottery to see a workshop of this production.

Shocked at Broadway.com's Fees  Jul 19 2018, 10:10:18 AM

I was recently given a $225 gift certificate to Broadway.com.   I was shocked to learn that Broadway.com adds huge fees.  A $159 ticket with fees came to $219.   How does this site  continue to exist charging these fees?  

? Home For The Holidays ?  Nov 17 2017, 02:36:48 PM

Does anyone think this is a good idea?

"The Honeymooners" Musical  May 24 2017, 04:38:58 PM

Any idea who the cast will be for this show?  It will be at the Paper Mill Playhouse this fall.

Broadway Box Lottery  Oct 9 2015, 02:52:01 PM

I keep trying but no luck yet for that or the "Fun Home" lottery

Leap Of Faith Previews  Apr 8 2012, 01:52:36 PM
I went to Saturday's matinee and enjoyed the show. I came with low expectations as the last preview I went to was "Bonnie & Clyde". It had a great finale.

On another note, I met Tommy Tune on the street last week and I had a nice conversation with him. He seemed stunned when I told him one of the first records I had purchased was his cast album of "Seesaw". As I left, he shook my hand and instructed me to go see "Once". A very nice and gracious man.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You