pixeltracker

Lea Michele to Star as Fanny Brice in FUNNY GIRL Starting 9/6; Beanie Feldstein Departing 7/31

Lea Michele to Star as Fanny Brice in FUNNY GIRL Starting 9/6; Beanie Feldstein Departing 7/31

ElephantLoveMedley
#1Lea Michele to Star as Fanny Brice in FUNNY GIRL Starting 9/6; Beanie Feldstein Departing 7/31
Posted: 7/10/22 at 7:05pm

Link (to Beanie's announcement that she is departing two months earlier than originally announced)

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#2Beanie Feldstein Departing FUNNY GIRL on July 31 (Two Months Earlier Than Originally Announced)
Posted: 7/10/22 at 7:06pm

Casting announcement tomorrow at 1 PM EST, according to the Funny Girl social media channels.

Oh look, a bibu!

TotallyEffed Profile Photo
TotallyEffed
#3Beanie Feldstein Departing FUNNY GIRL on July 31 (Two Months Earlier Than Originally Announced)
Posted: 7/10/22 at 7:11pm

I’m genuinely speechless. An epic disaster from start to finish.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#4Beanie Feldstein Departing FUNNY GIRL on July 31 (Two Months Earlier Than Originally Announced)
Posted: 7/10/22 at 7:12pm

WOW! She really can't leave the show fast enough.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Mr. Wormwood Profile Photo
Mr. Wormwood
#5Beanie Feldstein Departing FUNNY GIRL on July 31 (Two Months Earlier Than Originally Announced)
Posted: 7/10/22 at 7:14pm

Wow. Her phrasing is very interesting too about the show going in a "different direction." Obviously some bad blood. 

Truly, I wonder if she'll even make it to July 31

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#6Beanie Feldstein Departing FUNNY GIRL on July 31 (Two Months Earlier Than Originally Announced)
Posted: 7/10/22 at 7:16pm

Oh damn, something really went down and I need to know the T. 

KateLondon8
#7Beanie Feldstein Departing FUNNY GIRL on July 31 (Two Months Earlier Than Originally Announced)
Posted: 7/10/22 at 7:16pm

I haven’t seen the show since opening, what different direction? 

ElephantLoveMedley
#8Beanie Feldstein Departing FUNNY GIRL on July 31 (Two Months Earlier Than Originally Announced)
Posted: 7/10/22 at 7:17pm

Mr. Wormwood said: "Wow. Her phrasing is very interesting too about the show going in a "different direction." Obviously some bad blood."

A shockingly unprofessional and unclassy look to blame it on the production. Even though I didn't love Beanie's performance, I have been one of her staunchest defenders on here. I've felt like the criticisms of her have gone significantly overboard since previews began in March. However, choosing this tune of the "blame game" on your way out of the show is defenseless to me. I'm disappointed in her.

pmensky
pmensky
#10Beanie Feldstein Departing FUNNY GIRL on July 31 (Two Months Earlier Than Originally Announced)
Posted: 7/10/22 at 7:19pm

How does the show go in a different direction? That’s the strangest thing I’ve read, and there have been some strange things happening with this show. 

BoringBoredBoard40
#11Beanie Feldstein Departing FUNNY GIRL on July 31 (Two Months Earlier Than Originally Announced)
Posted: 7/10/22 at 7:20pm

Never going to work on Broadway again, what a mess 

Mr. Wormwood Profile Photo
Mr. Wormwood
#12Beanie Feldstein Departing FUNNY GIRL on July 31 (Two Months Earlier Than Originally Announced)
Posted: 7/10/22 at 7:20pm

pmensky said: "How does the show go in a different direction? That’s the strangest thing I’ve read, and there have been some strange things happening with this show."

She must be referring to the replacement for her?

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
Bill Snibson Profile Photo
Bill Snibson
#14Beanie Feldstein Departing FUNNY GIRL on July 31 (Two Months Earlier Than Originally Announced)
Posted: 7/10/22 at 7:22pm

Wow! Anyone wanna weigh-in on what exactly “the production has decided to take the show in a different direction” means? Odd to me. I can’t imagine the producers or creatives suddenly wanted her to change her performance for some new vision. 

ashley0139
#15Beanie Feldstein Departing FUNNY GIRL on July 31 (Two Months Earlier Than Originally Announced)
Posted: 7/10/22 at 7:23pm

Wow. I'm shocked. Well I guess depending on who they announce tomorrow will dictate if I try to see it before the end of the month or not.

"This table, he is over one hundred years old. If I could, I would take an old gramophone needle and run it along the surface of the wood. To hear the music of the voices. All that was said." - Doug Wright, I Am My Own Wife

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#16Beanie Feldstein Departing FUNNY GIRL on July 31 (Two Months Earlier Than Originally Announced)
Posted: 7/10/22 at 7:25pm

To quote Laganja Estranja - “Oh y'all wanted a twist, eh???”

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#17Beanie Feldstein Departing FUNNY GIRL on July 31 (Two Months Earlier Than Originally Announced)
Posted: 7/10/22 at 7:27pm

BoringBoredBoard40 said: "Never going to work on Broadway again, what a mess"

Let's hope so. It was cute that people on here were like "SHE IS A STAR AND HER VOICE WILL BE AMAZING WITH VOICE LESSONS AND BLAH BLAH BLAHHHHHHHHHH".

What a huge lesson everyone involved in the production of Funny Girl has learned. 

NEXT! 

ElephantLoveMedley
#18Beanie Feldstein Departing FUNNY GIRL on July 31 (Two Months Earlier Than Originally Announced)

EDSOSLO858 said: "Casting announcement tomorrow at 1 PM EST, according to theFunny Girlsocial media channels."

All signs still point to Lea, right?

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#19Beanie Feldstein Departing FUNNY GIRL on July 31 (Two Months Earlier Than Originally Announced)

Quite honestly, the clips I saw of her did not make me want to see the show and I really wanted to see it when it was first announced. Almost bought a ticket the day they went onsale but my schedule changed up drastically and decided to wait. I will now most likely see it when she departs.

Just give the world Love.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#20Beanie Feldstein Departing FUNNY GIRL on July 31 (Two Months Earlier Than Originally Announced)

She was upset she didn't get good reviews or a Tony nomination and negotiated to leave in September. Now she knows her standby and u/s are getting better reviews then her and essentially gives her two week notice. Talk about being entitled.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#21Beanie Feldstein Departing FUNNY GIRL on July 31 (Two Months Earlier Than Originally Announced)

I just wanna know who I’ll be seeing on August 28th.

Dylan Smith4 Profile Photo
Dylan Smith4
#22Beanie Feldstein Departing FUNNY GIRL on July 31 (Two Months Earlier Than Originally Announced)
Posted: 7/10/22 at 7:28pm

Did not see that coming. Could this be the last time we see Beanie on Broadway? Also, people need to stop bashing Beanie. People can have their opinions about her performance, but they don't need to be rude about it. I still thought she was a great Fanny Brice and she is very talented overall! I Hope Beanie is well and I wish her the best in the future. 

The idea is to work and to experiment. Some things will be creatively successful, some things will succeed at the box office, and some things will only - which is the biggest only - teach you things that see the future. And they're probably as valuable as any of your successes. -Harold Prince

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#23Beanie Feldstein Departing FUNNY GIRL on July 31 (Two Months Earlier Than Originally Announced)

What a mess. I am guessing there are multiple parties to blame here, and hopefully someday soon we’ll get the full story. 

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#24Beanie Feldstein Departing FUNNY GIRL on July 31 (Two Months Earlier Than Originally Announced)

ElephantLoveMedley said: "EDSOSLO858 said: "Casting announcement tomorrow at 1 PM EST, according to theFunny Girlsocial media channels."

All signs still point to Lea, right?
"

As with everything, we shall see.

Oh look, a bibu!

ColorTheHours048 Profile Photo
ColorTheHours048
#25Beanie Feldstein Departing FUNNY GIRL on July 31 (Two Months Earlier Than Originally Announced)
Posted: 7/10/22 at 7:31pm

By “different direction,” she means they cast a replacement to start ASAP and not in September when she was scheduled to leave. Big yikes.