News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for BroadwayMan5

Member Name: BroadwayMan5
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

E.Norton, E.Stone, N.Watts filming in a Broadway theatre
 Mar 6 2013, 08:18:44 PM
Thanks god i didn;t write "shooting". lol
E.Norton, E.Stone, N.Watts filming in a Broadway theatre
 Mar 6 2013, 08:08:16 PM
According to deadline.com, Edward Norton, Emma Stone, Naomi Watts, Michael Keaton and Zach Galifiannakis will be filming Alejandro Gonzalez Innaritu's new film in a Broadway theatre starting mid April. Any ideas in which theatre?

http://www.deadline.com/2013/03/edward-norton-joins-alejandro-gonzalez-inarritus-ensemble-comedy-birdman/

Broadway documentaries
 Mar 3 2013, 04:53:22 PM
There seem to a lot of documentaries about Broadway/theatre coming out in the following months.

The Standbys
Broadway Idiot
Carol Channing: Larger than Life
Bob Wilson's The Life and Death of Marina Abramovic
Marina Abramovic: The Artist Is Present
Broadway: Beyond the Golden age
The Needs of Kim Stanley

I've seen the Abramovic ones and the last 2 are in postproduction, but has anyone seen the first three? Are they recommended? Does anyone know

Celebrities on stage
 Aug 7 2012, 06:44:04 AM
Besides the following, are there any rumors or news about more famous actors appearing on/off Broadway this season?

The Heiress
Jessica Chastain, David Strathairn

Anarchist
Patti LuPone, Debra Winger

Mystery of Edwin Drood
Chita Rivera

Vanya and Sonya and Masha and Spike
Sigourney Weaver, David Hyde Pierce

The Performers
Cheyenne Jackson, Henry Winkler

Grace
Paul Rudd, Michael Shannon

Glengarry Glen Ross

MEDIEVAL PLAY
 Jun 5 2012, 12:54:06 PM
I attended the third preview and i also left after the first act. I felt bad since i was sitting on the first row center, but this was awful.
The worst thing is that i felt that the actors knew the play is bad. At one point right after the "sex scene" of Act 1, when the 2 protagonist are alone on stage, Hamilton was laughing while saying his lines. Donovan told him "Stop laughing" a couple of times (while also laughing) and Hamilton replied "Nobody's paying attention anyway". Lol. That was t

Anyone see Danny Boyle's Frankenstein at the movies? Worth it?
 Jun 4 2012, 07:39:10 PM
I saw this on cinema last year. It was a great production.
What Celebrities Have You Seen at Shows?
 May 29 2012, 06:41:40 PM
This year

Rita Moreno, Linda Lavin at "The Best Man"
Bernadette Petters at "How to Succeed..." (Jonas)
Vincent Katheiser (Mad Men) at "Lonely I'm Not"
Tony Kushner at "Gatz"

last year
Shirley McLaine "Catch Me If You Can"
Rose Burne "The Pride"
Stephen Sondheim, Sarah Jessica Parker, Matthew Modine "Company"

London
Robert Altman, Kevin Spacey "Ressurection Blues"
Nicole Kidman at "Oedipus" (Ralph Fiennes)
Pierce Brosnan at "Filumena

DON'T DRESS... Stage Door Advice
 May 29 2012, 06:14:32 PM
I waited for her at the stage door at 43rd street although a woman working at the theatre warned me that there's no guarantee that the cast will use the stage door since they sometimes use the front door on 42nd street. 10 minutes later they all used the stage door and happily signed (there were only 3 people waiting). Also there is no "Stage door" signed at the door (it's a metal one that seems like an old elevator door).
Stage Doors
 May 23 2012, 05:29:54 PM
Ricky Martin signs around 15 playbills and posters and takes about 5 pictures, only from people standing behind the right and left barricades located between the stage door and his car.
My 15 days on Broadway
 May 20 2012, 05:46:03 PM
I just returned from a two week trip to New York and had the chance to watch 16 Broadway shows and attend 3 other events. Here are my thoughts.

The Best Man 3/5
Liked the 1964 movie more than this production. Jones and McCormack were MVPs.

Clybourne Park 2/5
Not impressed by this one. One could argue that it deals with issues which ring true to the Americans but it left me cold.

Death of a Salesman 5/5
I loved this. Top notch acting and I appreciated

Last night while going to see OTHER DESERT CITiES
 May 4 2012, 11:36:01 AM
The most surreal thing that has happened to me in the theatre was some years ago in London's Old Vic at a performance of "Twelfth Night" starring Ethan Hawke and Rebecca Hall directed by Sam Mendes. I had bought my ticket well in advance and it was in 5th row center. I was sitting between Billy Crudup and Neve Campbell, Derek Jacobi was sitting right behind me and Kevin Spacey was sitting 2 rows in front of me. I felt like theatre royalty.
A Trip to NYC
 May 4 2012, 10:02:07 AM
I have the same problem since i am visiting NY this week. The hotel prices are ridiculous. If you must stay in a very central hotel the cheapest i have found is Milford Plaza that costs around $200 a night (taxes included).

Also for the productions of Lincoln center (War Horse, Other Desert Cities, Clybourne Park) you can sign up to the Linctix programme on their website and get tickets for $30 if you are under 35. I got such tickets for Other Desert Cities and Clybourne Park and they a

Need your recommendations
 May 2 2012, 08:57:47 PM
The discounts i found (broadwaybox) are for example

Nice Work If You Can Get It
discounted ticket: 70-100$
when the regular ticket is 87-137$

the price at the tkts (if 50% off) would be around 44-69$. Isn't that right?

Similar prices with Peter and the Starcatcher.

I would love to avoid the usually long lines at the tkts.

I am a Tennessee Williams fan, but i am really worried about his later plays, especially the ones that he never finished l

May 2 2012, 05:59:08 PM
Thanks GatorNY and tmbyru

@dramamama611 you are right i meant Tkts. I may buy an discounted "Best Man" ticket online, but i hope that i'll be able to find tickets for the rest. I have the same feeling about "End of the Rainbow" and "Newsies". I am almost sure i won't like them. "In Masks Outrageous... is the news (!lol) Tennessee Williams play, which has it's world premiere. It stars Shirley Knight but i hear really controversial things about it.

May 2 2012, 05:03:08 PM
Hi,
i will be in NY for 2 weeks and i plan to see around 16 productions

i already have tickets for

1. Death of a Salesman
2. Evita
3. One Man, Two Guvnors
4. Sleep No More
5. Other Desert Cities
6. Clybourne Park
7. The Medieval Play
8. Rufus Wainwright at the BAM

and i plan to visit TDF for

9. Venus In Fur
10. Once
11. The Best Man
12. Peter and the Starcatcher
13. Nice Work If You Can Get It

Rant about the 2012 TONY nominations here
 May 1 2012, 10:10:32 AM
About the "One Man, Two Guvnors" not making the Best Play list.

I think that the only explanation is that the Tony voters thought that "One Man, Two Guvnors" is more of an adaptation of Goldoni's "Master of Two Servants" and not so much an original play written by Richard Bean. Bean have added many things to Goldoni's play, but it's still more of an adaptation/translation than an original play. That's why they announced a couple of days ago that it would be eligible in the Best Play cat

NICE WORK IF YOU CAN GET IT Reviews
 Apr 24 2012, 09:24:47 PM
5 reviews so far (Variety, EW, AM, PhiladelphiaInq. and Backstage) say (or imply) that Broderick is the weak link of the cast. He'll have a hard time getting a Tony nomination.
Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/22/12
 Apr 23 2012, 03:38:58 PM
Bad week for "Peter and the Starcatcher", "How to Succeed...", "The Lyons" and "Seminar".

"Magic/Bird" will close soon.

STREETCAR Reviews
 Apr 22 2012, 08:50:31 PM
I would call the Hollywood Reporter review mixed, maybe mixed to positive, but not just positive
STREETCAR Reviews
 Apr 22 2012, 08:06:34 PM
http://www.backstage.com/bso/reviews-ny-theatre-broadway/ny-review-a-streetcar-named-desire-1006840552.story

Backstage is negative

or maybe we can call it a pan

"Helmer Mann and her starry cast treat the work as if it were a combination soap opera and sitcom. The result is embarrassing and sad."

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You