News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for sparepart973

Member Name: sparepart973
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

NEW YORK, NEW YORK On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread  Apr 17 2023, 02:29:29 PM

Besides the epilogue change, what are the other changes that have been made during previews? I heard they cut out around 20 minutes. What exactly have they cut/re-write? 

ONCE UPON A ONE MORE TIME Pre-Broadway Tryout - Previews & Reviews  Dec 22 2021, 08:19:34 AM

I tend to turn a blind eye to jukebox musicals with wishy-washy narrative structures and form. I'm willing to be forgiving towards jukebox musicals because of other production components that could make-up for their dramaturgical shortcomings. 

Though I'm not crazy about the idea of UOOMT's story, I think it could possibly work if the top 1/3 of the show is re-written, and if the plot and characters are introduced differently. That's a relatively easy fix. What nee

Trying to find an article on Disney, BatB, Lion King  Aug 11 2020, 01:04:27 PM

I remember reading either an article or a chapter from a book about Disney, Beauty and the Beast and the Lion King, and for the life of me, I cannot seem to find it.

Regarding Beauty and the Beast, I recall a part of the chapter saying that the producers weren't completely artistically satisfied with the outcome, and how they basically thought it was a Disneyland production on Broadway. 

Regarding The Lion King, the writer described in fine detail the various workshops

Why would The Lehman trilogy look for another theatre?  Jul 2 2020, 03:32:18 AM

What show is coming into the Nederlander? 

We Live in Cairo at ART  May 15 2019, 04:42:07 AM

I hope it gets some run in New York at one point. I'm gutted I'll be missing this in Boston.

The Band's Visit tour cast  Apr 10 2019, 10:48:22 AM

Um Kulthum said: "taylortrensch said: "there's actually going to be 4 cast members from bway going out for tour, but i think 2/4 are from the principal cast"

Ooh, where did you hear that?

Ari'el Stachel said, also at stage door, that he was going to a rehearsal for his next project the next day and it also has "Visit" in the title.
"

"The Visitor" also based on a film and adapted for the stage by Kit

Marie, Dancing Still (formerly Little Dancer)  Mar 31 2019, 04:36:17 PM

Has anyone seen this? 

I just saw a song list and the songs "Ballerina" and "Dancing Still" (from the Nice Fighting You recording) don't seem to be included. Were they cut or just renamed? Odd considering that the new show title is Dancing Still. 

Tootsie Monday previews - will Santino be on?  Feb 11 2019, 09:18:08 AM

Claire8 said: "Oh god I'm so upset. Finally booked this because "there's nothing else on Mondays" and literally a day later I find out that's when Miscast is on... shattered. There's no way to exchange tickets is there? Looks like I can't even do ticketmaster resale because I don't have a US bank account. And there's still heaps of seats left which means probably no one would even buy them if i could, right? Man I'm so bummed. Santino better

Lynn Nottage/Michael Jackson Musical launches social media and name  Jan 22 2019, 03:08:32 PM

The Emerson Colonial just mentioned that they'll be announcing a pre-Broadway run soon. Could this be it? 

Moulin Rouge Colonial Theatre Previews  Jul 13 2018, 11:52:43 PM

Third preview tonight. I spotted Alex Timbers this time. 

No major changes, but it looks like Satine's moment of short breath during her Diamonds number seemed much tighter, as did the entire pitch sequence. The only actual change is that the Duke is no longer present during the final scene when the lovers come together again and Satine dies. In the second preview he was in his box, shakes his head and almost understands the errors of his way. 

Moulin Rouge Colonial Theatre Previews  Jul 13 2018, 12:18:39 AM

Just saw the second preview tonight.

Off with a very rocky start when we were evacuated due to a fire alert, then told to come back in, and then no no, you have to go back out, and then again come back in. Needless to say, the entire operations part of the theatre is very rough and it's evident, and the ushers don't know where to direct the patrons to (and just like some Broadway theatres, there are sections that only have odd numbers, and others have even numbers). 

Moulin Rouge Colonial Theatre Previews  Jul 11 2018, 02:42:24 AM

Wait..so The Show Must Go On ISN'T in the show?! Nooo...that's my favorite part of the film!

Moulin Rouge Colonial Theatre Previews  Jul 11 2018, 12:17:38 AM

I had a small daypack with me and they flat out told me no backpacks and said I couldn’t go in. I tried to argue with her since I had made a special trip to city by train and couldn’t just put it back in car but she was insistent and her supervisor said I could take my valuables and leave my pack next to the metal detector.

I walk around with a small backpack all the time and wasn't ever asked to abandon it. Are they serious that they won't allow normal si

Moulin Rouge Colonial Theatre Previews  Jul 9 2018, 02:04:14 PM

Solipsist234 said: "sparepart973 said: "Can't wait. I'm heading to Boston to see it Thursday, Friday and Sunday eve (and also seeing Jagged Little Pill on Sunday). Anyone going on these shows?"

Wait, you're seeing it three times??? How did you manage that!?!?!?
"

? I bought tickets?

Moulin Rouge Colonial Theatre Previews  Jul 9 2018, 10:04:33 AM

Can't wait. I'm heading to Boston to see it Thursday, Friday and Sunday eve (and also seeing Jagged Little Pill on Sunday). Anyone going on these shows? 

Moulin Rouge/Aaron Tveit  Jul 6 2018, 03:08:57 AM

It'll probably just be a post-curtain call medley or reprise of some sorts.

Anyone going early previews? I'm seeing the second preview on Thursday, Friday and Sunday evening with Jagged Little Pill on Saturday afternoon (I believe its final matinee). 

This Ain't No Disco 2nd preview ticket for sale  Jun 20 2018, 08:55:11 PM

Hi-

I cannot make it to the second preview of the Atlantic Theatre Company's This Ain't No Disco on the 30th of June at 8pm. It's  Seat H18 (a premium seat) at $104.50.

Price is negotiable if comes down to it. Please contact me if you're interested. Thanks!

Moulin Rouge/Aaron Tveit  Jun 18 2018, 03:15:22 PM

I would think so too. Forget just those flying in - it will be total chaos (for customers and for them) if they start canceling at this point. I can perhaps imagine them postponing the show on the 27th to the 28th as they didn't plan on having a performance that night for some reason. Managing that could be a bit easier and realistic. 

The Cher Show  Jun 7 2018, 11:24:24 PM

I shall be there on the first preview. 

Are there any Egyptians in the Bands Visit?  May 30 2018, 02:09:43 AM

Egypt (part of the "Arab world&rdquo and “Muslim countries” are two separate populations. The countries with the largest Muslim populations happen to be ethnically non-Arab (Indonesia, Pakistan, India, Bangladesh, Nigeria, Iran and Turkey). While Islam is the dominant religion in Arab world, there are close to one million Christians in Syria, one million Christians in Lebanon, 70,000 Christians in Palestinian, and one million Christians in Egypt.

The material in the play does not refer to the faith of the musicians. We can immediately infer from their names that this group has more than one religious denomination: 

-Tewfik (Maestro/Tony Shalhoub’s character) and Camal (Oud/George Abud’s character) have religiously ambiguous names that are commonly used by any of the denominations in Egypt. 

-The name Halid (Trumpet/Ari’el Stachel’s) is typically given to Muslim boys, while Simon (Clarinet/Alok Tewari’s character) is typically given to Christian boys. 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You