pixeltracker

Tootsie Monday previews - will Santino be on?

Tootsie Monday previews - will Santino be on?

Claire8 Profile Photo
Claire8
#1Tootsie Monday previews - will Santino be on?
Posted: 2/6/19 at 9:07pm

I'm planning to get tickets to Tootsie on Mon 1st April because it's one of the few shows on that date. I noticed that once previews are over they will no longer be doing Mondays. Is it pretty safe to say that on 1st April which is only the third preview, that Santino is likely to be on? Like it wouldn't be written into his contract that he has Mondays off, or something like that? I assume they wouldn't put an understudy on THAT early unless Santino was actually sick. Thoughts?

JBroadway Profile Photo
JBroadway
#2Tootsie Monday previews - will Santino be on?
Posted: 2/6/19 at 9:22pm

As you said, it's extremely unlikely that he would be out. In most cases, the understudies haven't even had a chance to rehearse the roles until later on. And in cases when there is a weekly scheduled absence, it's almost always noted publicly. 

Claire8 Profile Photo
Claire8
#3Tootsie Monday previews - will Santino be on?
Posted: 2/7/19 at 8:09am

JBroadway said: "As you said, it's extremely unlikely that he would be out. In most cases, the understudies haven't even had a chance to rehearse the roles until later on. And in cases when there is a weekly scheduled absence, it's almost always noted publicly."

Thanks for your response :) I'm now thinking I might hold off - there are still heaps of seats - seems like they could be discounted further closer to the time? Would it be unusual for a show to be on TKTS in its first few dates of previews?

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#4Tootsie Monday previews - will Santino be on?
Posted: 2/7/19 at 8:26am

Claire8 said: "JBroadway said: "As you said, it's extremely unlikely that he would be out. In most cases, the understudies haven't even had a chance to rehearse the roles until later on. And in cases when there is a weekly scheduled absence, it's almost always noted publicly."

Thanks for your response :) I'm now thinking I might hold off - there are still heaps of seats - seems like they could be discounted further closer to the time? Would it be unusual for a show to be on TKTS in its first few dates of previews?
"

It wouldn't be unusual, especially for a Monday night show.

HennySlay
#5Tootsie Monday previews - will Santino be on?
Posted: 2/8/19 at 9:39am

Does anyone know who the understudies are for the principal cast in general? I know Leslie Flesner covers Sandy.

Claire8 Profile Photo
Claire8
#6Tootsie Monday previews - will Santino be on?
Posted: 2/11/19 at 8:48am

Oh god I'm so upset. Finally booked this because "there's nothing else on Mondays" and literally a day later I find out that's when Miscast is on... shattered. There's no way to exchange tickets is there? Looks like I can't even do ticketmaster resale because I don't have a US bank account. And there's still heaps of seats left which means probably no one would even buy them if i could, right? Man I'm so bummed. Santino better be on...

n2nbaby Profile Photo
n2nbaby
#7Tootsie Monday previews - will Santino be on?
Posted: 2/11/19 at 8:54am

I would not worry about him missing a preview.

sparepart973
#8Tootsie Monday previews - will Santino be on?
Posted: 2/11/19 at 9:18am

Claire8 said: "Oh god I'm so upset. Finally booked this because "there's nothing else on Mondays" and literally a day later I find out that's when Miscast is on... shattered. There's no way to exchange tickets is there? Looks like I can't even do ticketmaster resale because I don't have a US bank account. And there's still heaps of seats left which means probably no one would even buy them if i could, right? Man I'm so bummed. Santino better be on..."

I've had situations when I needed to change my date and had no issue. They normally would charge you a transaction fee (anywhere between $1.5-$5) but it's not impossible to change the dates so long as you're not asking for a refund (which is also possible, but a lot more difficult).