News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for buddy5

buddy5 Profile Photo
Member Name: buddy5
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Help! Need info on musical Ballroom
 Mar 2 2016, 04:28:46 PM

Lucky you!...one of the greatest  11 o'clock numbers ever...if the show had been successful it would have been a great standard...Try and emulate the wonderful Dorothy Louden...not imitate but replicate her extraordinary emotional rendition..she never received sufficient a claim.

Parade Concert at Lincoln Center
 Feb 17 2015, 09:29:42 PM
Maybe it is a blessing to be 93 and slightly deaf...It filters the mechanical difficulties..and what remains is pure joy...The great Brown work presented with incredible performances..supported with magnificent musicians to the power of of two hundred singers was breathtaking!

In my 85 years of frequent theater going, this was one of the top experiences.

Parade Concert at Lincoln Center
 Feb 17 2015, 09:29:41 PM
Maybe it is a blessing to be 93 and slightly deaf...It filters the mechanical difficulties..and what remains is pure joy...The great Brown work presented with incredible performances..supported with magnificent musicians to the power of of two hundred singers was breathtaking!

In my 85 years of frequent theater going, this was one of the top experiences.

The Last Five Years (The Movie, The Thread)
 Feb 17 2015, 08:49:22 PM
What is with all this anti Jordan business...In two successive days I saw him in two diametrically opposing parts: Parade and Last Five Days...Great range, great looks...great talent...Biily Bigelow soon?
The Last Five Years (The Movie, The Thread)
 Feb 17 2015, 08:49:22 PM
What is with all this anti Jordan business...In two successive days I saw him in two diametrically opposing parts: Parade and Last Five Days...Great range, great looks...great talent...Biily Bigelow soon?
The Visit predictions: Recoup or Not?
 Feb 17 2015, 08:27:25 PM
One out of four chances for recouping.
What's next at the Winter Garden
 Nov 13 2014, 01:32:21 PM
Solid rumors for Danny Burstein doing a 50th anniversary revival of Fiddler on the Roof.
Vintage Band Wagon
 Nov 13 2014, 01:13:18 PM
Encore!s Band Wagon is sensational...saw it on stage in1931 yes. 1931).. It was a revue....the movie with a satiric Comden/Green story line was released in 1954..this interpretation maxiimizes the best from both productions which is the primary intention of Encores....recalling forgotten songs from the original and.adding additionall closet Schwartz/Dietz beauties was an added gift..the cast was perfection...where oh where was Ben B when all of this as going on?
Buddy 5

<

What is your own personal
 Aug 2 2013, 05:38:49 PM
The so called Golden Age was long in quantity..but evey decade produced its Golden Moments starting with Show Boat in the twenties ...Of Thee I Sing in the thirties..Carousel in the forties..My Fair Lady in the fifties..right through modern times with the revival of Follies.,which in 80 years of theater going, I consider
The most creative musical of all times..a completely eclectic score and a totally original book....

VIOLET
 Jul 18 2013, 02:58:15 PM
Have seen every major ,and most minor musicals ,during the last 80 years..never more surprised and blown away as I was last night....25 dollars compares to 25 cents in the thirties..Fifth row off the center aisle..Encores are to be congratulated for bringing such a brilliant production to the New York scene...at a time when most of us are devastated by sheer greed (Matilda is charging 168 dollars this Fall))!

I loved the enormity of the theater which was bursting to the seams during th

Musical of the Month: Barefoot Boy With Cheek
 May 24 2013, 06:19:23 PM
Red Buttons?
Sweeney Todd on a small scale
 May 24 2013, 06:18:20 PM
It was this concentrated production,without distracting effects ,that made me aware of the incredible score.

Julia MacKenziie was one of the best Lovetts

Sweeney Todd on a small scale
 May 24 2013, 06:18:20 PM
It was this concentrated production,without distracting effects ,that made me aware of the incredible score.

Julia MacKenziie was one of the best Lovetts

For those of you who live in the city, do you see EVERY show?
 May 21 2013, 05:13:05 PM
I have lived in NYC FOR Over 91 years.....your story is so encouraging...with prices prohibitive it is minded boggling..Have seen many thousand shows since
The early thirties..and many repeats..but my attendance doesn't approach your outstanding record.
Tthe future of the theater is in good hands, and I am so happy!

15-Song Playlist from The Broadway League/ Jam Theatricals
 Feb 4 2013, 03:56:52 PM

CHAPLIN
 Dec 28 2012, 08:00:43 PM
Predict a highly successful tour..saw it several times and the all age audience loves it..a delightful score....a star performance..a bit of history that gives the book credibility..pity the critics were unable to judge it's universal appeal.
So why wasn't Patti in Les Miz on Bway?
 Nov 28 2012, 09:41:51 PM
Patti sang early on and was magnificent ..as is the song From then on the show became a spectacle..but never regained the humanity she so wonderfully conveyed....With her reputation growing in NYC as our next diva sublime, this cameo role would have been out of the question.at that time.
Who' is The Big Bad Wolf?
 Nov 28 2012, 03:57:05 PM
Was there..is there some demonic animal killing Virginia Woolf? In spite of huge notices, assured Tony acting nominations and a reputation that is legion..the house remains. Half full..Must there be a star?.Kathleen Truner did give a masterful performance, but the plays is now balanced ,giving the script a more effective way of conveying the message.

I was an investor in the original, and while the leads were known (Utah Hagen and Arthur Hill). They were not box office magnets and re

How often do you go to the theatre?
 Jul 1 2012, 03:58:44 PM
Have been going to the theater for84 years...your list of recent attendance thrills me.....years ago there was a play titled Fabulous Invalid.which clearly stated that,despite it's always tentative situation, it will NEVER DIE ...THANKS TO CURRENT PATRONS..such as you!

GOD BLESS.

Why do we love theatre so much?
 May 22 2012, 03:01:08 PM

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You