News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Chowsie

Chowsie Profile Photo
Member Name: Chowsie
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

2017 Tony Awards Host
 Apr 3 2017, 08:17:50 PM

Hairspray0901 said: "ethan231h said: "Hairspray0901 said: "Has a female ever hosted the Tony's before? 

"

to name a few....Whoopi, Kristin Chenoweth (co-host), Julie Andrews, 

"

I realize that now, I'm an idiot. Lol. Edited my post but guess not quick enough!

OTT Final Performance
 Sep 1 2015, 09:59:47 AM

mtchairs said: "Hey all, I want to buy tix for the matinee of On the Town tomorrow. Don't think I will have time to queue at TKTS tomorrow, so what is my best option for a discounted ticket? Broadway Box discount at the box office? This will be show no. 9 in my 8 night stay so I need to save money where I can.

If you have some time this afternoon, head to the TKTS booth at South Street Seaport.  They sell tickets for next day matinees.  Usu

RE: Some People
 Jan 1 2015, 03:28:51 PM
Thanks for the info and for uploading it on the first place.
RE: Some People
 Jan 1 2015, 10:51:20 AM
It's an odd arrangement. I'm not sure where it comes from, but it should be in the mix. I know her Rose was met with mixed reactions, but I actually appreciated much of her performance.

Shows/Events/Occurrences that you were lucky enough to see/have
 Dec 1 2014, 09:48:49 PM
I saw the third preview of Into the Woods (whatever happened to that show?)

I saw the first Saturday matinee preview of Carrie

First preview of the Tyne Daly Gypsy

The final dress rehearsal of the benefit concert of Company at Lincoln Center with the original cast

Chess in concert at Carnegie Hall (original cast)

Elaine Paige's first night in Sunset Boulevard (ended up with a cancelation ticket in a great seat sitting next to her sister or maybe it wa

I Wish James Marsden Would Do Me
 Jun 28 2014, 11:24:05 PM
They're Playing Our Song?
Marin Mazzie as the Witch in INTO THE WOODS
 Jun 17 2014, 11:49:19 PM
I saw her go on as Cinderella. She was, of course, sublime. I had seen her in Big River on my first trip to New York. It would have been a hoot to see her as Little Red!
Musicals that could have live adaptations
 Nov 27 2013, 11:25:50 PM
If Oklahoma! happens: Reba as Aunt Eller!
Tovah Feldshuh Leaving PIPPIN?
 Nov 19 2013, 07:17:53 PM
Linda Lavin?
Kinky Boots standing room
 Aug 27 2013, 04:36:46 PM
2 per person
Kinky Boots standing room
 Aug 27 2013, 09:25:16 AM
I did on standing room July 31st. The tickets went on sale when the box office opened. On matinee days they sell both performances in the morning. $27, I think. I got there around 6am and was third in line. I could have slept in a bit more. By 9am the line was pretty long. First gal got there at 5am. I forget exactly how many spots are available, but 12 rings a bell. The standing room spots are behind the side sections. There were four of us standing on the house left side next to the so
Best Les Miz Summary Ever
 Dec 29 2012, 10:32:19 AM
It also ALWAYS rains at funerals, Best12.
Lyrics That Sound Suggestive Out of Context
 Sep 9 2012, 03:58:22 PM
It's not a lyric, but in West Side Story when Anita asks Maria, "Shall I tell him to hold it for you til you come?" Especially if you have an Anita savoring her accent as much as mine was.
Have you ever been at a show where someone had to leave mid-show?
 Aug 24 2012, 04:00:13 PM
At Billy Elliot we got a new Billy for the second act. In Act I he was played by an Australian actor, in Act II by an Asian actor. The actor playing the MC of the Christmas show at the top of Act II walked the new Billy out and introduced him in character. Charming.
This past summer, at Ghost, I saw Oda Mae replaced at intermission. Da'Vine Joy Randolph was giving it everything she had during Act I, but you could tell her voice wasn't all there. I wish I knew which one of her unterstu

Once rush tickets?
 Jul 24 2012, 07:27:13 AM
I got in line at 5:20 this morning. I'm third in line. The next person showed around 6:00. Right now (7:30ish) I would say that there are around 15 on the line.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You