News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for matjomae

matjomae Profile Photo
Member Name: matjomae
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Things to do in the theater district
 Mar 1 2008, 09:00:42 PM
Heh Leisure Time Bowl at the Port Authority. Actually not a bad idea - my company's Holiday Party was actually there (I obviously work for for a very classy company). It is the cheapest place to bowl in the city, and really, who doesn't enjoy bowling ; )

ETA - Browsing in Macy's is also a suggestion.

re: John Gallager Jr.'s last night.
 Dec 18 2007, 09:43:48 AM
Don't think these photos have been posted yet.

re: The Official Adam Pascal Love Thread, part 14 v. 2
 Nov 19 2007, 10:02:26 PM
The gmail addresses listed made me a bit hesitant as well.

ETA: Because I can spell : )

re: Welcome Home Rapp & Pascal
 Aug 16 2007, 10:27:13 AM
Has anyone ever sat in a box at the Nederlander? I decided to suck it up and purchase another ticket, however I just can't get myself to pay more than $50. And for $50, on the night I needed, my options were quite limited. Either 2nd to last row of the Mezz off to the side or a box.

I picked the box. Was this a mistake? The guy mentioned a pole, but said he reccommended the box over the rear mezz. I stood at the box office very indecisively for a good 5 minutes before making a decision

re: Salary Question (Box Office)
 Aug 15 2007, 09:35:50 PM
I have a good friend who is the Box Office Manager at a 1200 capacity theater in Tennessee. Her starting salary was $32,000 I remember. Although she hates her position, she has amazing ticketmaster connections which is a great, great job perk I have personally benefited from ; )
 Aug 12 2007, 12:17:30 PM
"I wish they had a rush for Rent, although people might start lining up at like 6 am. I want to see the show again this week, if I can"

I tried lotto Friday night, and both shows yesterday. And was shocked by the crowd size. I lost all 3 times. It is tough though, because I would love to see the show at least one more time before the guys leave, and I will admit to being a bit spoiled and would love to see it from the first two rows just to be *that* close.

I can't usually pla

Aug 11 2007, 10:42:35 PM
Am I the only one having a problem viewing SweetQ's photos? All I can see are lil blue boxes with question marks.
 Aug 10 2007, 08:19:33 PM
ETA: whoop, double post. No clue how that happened. Perhaps I got a lil click happy.

Aug 10 2007, 08:19:32 PM
I met up with a friend (and skipped out of work hella early) this evening to try lotto. I am not great at estimating crowd sizes, however I would guess there were maybe 100 + people there.

Best part though, after the lotto winners were called, they announced that only standing room tickets for $20 were available, and to please line up at the box office window to purchase. There was a rush forward. The Nederlander employees backtracked and said "OK we are going to lotto off the standing

Aug 8 2007, 11:39:18 PM
Just got home from the show about 30 minutes ago and I have to say that the experience was completely surreal. I couldn't believe that Adam and Anthony were really there.

I've never been good at articulating exactly what I want to say in show reviews so I will just say that I would not change a thing about either of their performances. They truly were perfect.

Adam's portrayal of Roger was SO different then what I was expecting it to be. I wasn't expecting him to be quite so

Aug 8 2007, 12:33:56 AM
Just wanted to pop in to say that I will be checking out the show at the evening performance tomorrow. Can't believe *it* is actually here. After reading through everyone else's reviews, I must admit to being slightly giddy.

I have been out of town yesterday and today for business and am returning to NYC on a flight that gets into JFK at 4. I'm crossing my fingers that everything will be on time and that I will be able to get uptown to my apt and back down to the theater as I refuse t

re: BWW TV : Anthony Rapp and Adam Pascal Back In RENT!
 Aug 3 2007, 10:14:26 AM
Best line of the video ,'Oh its bananas'.

So fun that Jesse was there.

Jul 31 2007, 10:25:56 AM
It'll be really intersting to see if the excitment and madness of sorts contuines throughout their run. I really can't imagine it would, although I am so happy that they were welcomed back so warmly. I am just imagining the tourists who bought tickets for this show not knowing what a big deal last night was. I can just picture them loking around confused as people clapped and screamed for 2 minutes (or however long) at the top of the show.

Still undecided it I will attempt to stagedoor

re: Spring Awakening Love
 Jul 23 2007, 10:14:17 AM
Did anyone witness the girl who fainted at the stage door on Saturday night after meeting John Gallagher, Jr? I have a friend who was there and said it was quite a sight.

re: Who didn't think Hairspray was *that* great?
 Jul 23 2007, 10:02:55 AM
I personally did not enjoy it.

I was bored through some parts, and just didn't find the humor in other. The show I attended last night was sold out, and I just didn't feel like anyone in the audience was really into. No big laughs, no nothing. I don't know. I can't believe there is actually a thread on this board mentiong Oscars. Please come on.

I will say that I loved some performaces, that of James Mardsen and Michelle Phiffer, however John still kinda creeped me out. His s

re: Ashley Parker Angel's last day?
 Jul 11 2007, 10:29:30 PM
I have no idea when Ashley is leaving, but 'roomer'? For real? ; )
re: Number of times you've seen a specific Broadway show.
 Jul 10 2007, 10:27:44 PM
Please tell me that I am not the only one who doesn't keep track. I've filled out polls that are similiar to the one in this thread, and I honestly have to think way to hard to figure it out...and even then I am quite certain my count was wrong.

I couldn't tell you how many times I have seen my favorite show. I think it is between 8 and maybe 11, but really...I don't know.

Billboard cast album chart
 Jul 9 2007, 09:46:29 PM
Welcome BWW to the dismal state of the Music Business that I am living.

How I am still employed in this industry, and the greater question of why I choose to be employed in this industry, is truly a mystery to me.

Read the linked article. It'll depress you, I promise.

re: A Question about the actual Tony Award
 Jun 10 2007, 01:29:13 PM
It is not uncommon for "dummy statues" to be used.

I know that the Grammy's use "dummy statues," at least for some of the award winners. I would assume that the winners of the major awards that are televised get to take their awards with them so that they can be seen carrying them all over to the after parties, but not everyone gets their awards that night.

Last summer I was working for an artist (who attended the actual awards cermony) who produced on a Grammy Award winning al

re: new Hairspray poster
 May 31 2007, 11:42:09 PM
If John Travolta didn't give me the creeps as he does all done up like that, I would be so much more inclined to go see this movie. Why do none of the other Edna actors give me the shivers, but John does?

Random thread to post that on I know, but I just clicked the link, saw his mug, and had to get that thought out.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You