News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for DonelBee

DonelBee Profile Photo
Member Name: DonelBee
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Taylor Mac and 'judy'
 Apr 7 2019, 07:23:03 PM

A Director said: "https://www.dictionary.com/e/they-is-a-singular-pronoun/?fbclid=IwAR3upD4BXgMONygrq-X9I7b2VyE0gCcDi-GqSNv2iPiWO0Bs3vi-yuRFkzk"

My question is:  If "they" is used as a singular pronoun, does one also use a singular verb (ex: He/She goes; They goes?  He/She is; They is?

Off Broadway - Gay - Priest - Altar Boy
 Oct 12 2014, 12:59:13 AM
I recall a play -- cannot recall the title -- that was produced five or more years ago at one of the smaller stages at Theatre Row. It had the characters you describe. I did not find it an enjoyable evening in any respect Wish I could help you with the name of the show, but it was completely forgettable.
We Live Here
 Sep 27 2011, 06:00:51 PM
After Eight, my sentiments almost exactly. However, from what I heard and observed during my viewing Sunday eve., changes (hopefully the needed ones) are in process. And there are still two weeks of previews remaining where much re-writing, etc., could occur before the official opening on the 12th. Let's hope it does get whipped into shape, 'cause there's a great deal of admirable effort already evident. Let's keep our fingers crossed!
Sleeping Beauty Wakes
 Jul 6 2011, 12:18:29 PM
Saw it in Princeton and was captivated and charmed. I thought the concept and performances were clever, smart and fresh. I don't think this show would fare too well on Broadway, but I would very much like to see it be given an open-ended run Off-Broadway, perhaps at New World Stages or a similar venue. I certainly hope it has a future life.
BWW: Why are the videos not on the same page as the article?
 Jun 25 2011, 06:49:01 PM
I do hope the "technical issues" get ironed out very soon as I, too, have found this situation extremely annoying for a long time now. Thanks sbflyfan for voicing this issue.

The Normal Heart 1st Preview
 Apr 26 2011, 11:22:21 AM
"That's true. No Broadway show has ever been filmed before, not even the four that have been on HBO this season or the two that are going to be in movie theaters in the next few months."

Jordan -- Your irony (and facts) in the above post obviously went over the heads of the later posters!

Blood From a Stone. Question. SPOILER
 Jan 22 2011, 01:02:23 AM
Definately melodramatic....but I'm afraid I can't say unrealistic. I'm sorry to say I know families who behave this way (or worse).

Even though the characters were over the top I felt the honesty of the performances made them believable; and for much of the play I was very uncomfortable...somewhat embarrassed to be a witness to such ugliness and unhappiness and desperation and lack of civility.

But nevertheless I found it a worthwhile theatrical experience wich made me evaluat

Jan 22 2011, 12:28:05 AM
I don't think Matt ever actually stated why his arm was broken, but I felt he couldn't say that because his ego and self respect (?) were also "broken," And he also was not the type of person who could face many of his own realities.

Over all I enjoyed the play very much. I thought the performances and the direction were excellent. And for a "first-time-out" playwright, I was impressed and thought it made for a worthwhile theatrical experience.

Jan 22 2011, 12:05:11 AM
Wasn't the broken arm a result of his encounter with his girlfriend's husband?

BWW TV: Introducing SETH'S BIG FAT BROADWAY with Andrea Martin, Victor Garber & Debra Monk!
 Dec 26 2010, 02:35:09 PM
"SETH'S BIG FAT BROADWAY SHOW will have a different theme each month and for the debut show on July 5th,...."

Really planning in advance, I guess.....or is this a typing and/or editing error?

Merchant of Venice Extends??
 Dec 20 2010, 12:32:00 PM
The Box Office attendant informed me that, since the entire run is sold out, Standing Room for any performance (up to capacity) is available in advance at any time you wish to purchase it for $26.50 each.
Merchant of Venice Extends??
 Dec 20 2010, 12:10:52 PM
I did standing room for the matinee on Saturday the 18th and Pacino was in and performing a masterful Shylock. I felt the entire production was well worth the 3-hour running time (w/ one intermission).
Do We Need Abs on Broadway?
 Oct 30 2010, 04:36:51 PM
ABSolutely -- and also ABjectly ABStruse!

So, please exercise ABStinence.

Kathleen Turner In Talks For Stage Return in 'HIGH'
 Aug 3 2010, 01:33:37 PM
How can the St. Louis Rep. Theatre claim their production starting October 13 is a "World Premier" when the Hartford TheatreWorks production which began July 2 is also referred to as a "World Premier"?
The Athenian Touch (Butterfly McQueen)
 Jul 11 2010, 12:52:24 AM
My partner at the time, Robert T. Williams, was the designer of the set for this little musical. The grand diva from the Arthur Godfrey show and The Sound of Music, Marion Marlowe, had a shrine to Mary Martin in her dressing room. The off-the-wall and ditsy Butterfly McQueen came to rehearsals accompanied by her mongrel black dog whose leash was a clothesline rope, and after rehearsals she could easily be persuaded to try to sing cabaret-type songs embarassingly. All in all, the show was a bi
Has the same source material been adapted twice?
 May 20 2010, 12:42:08 AM
I'm surprised there has been no mention yet of "La Ronde" and the many, MANY variations it has spawned.
Does Donna Murphy know the difference between 'then' and 'than'?
 Apr 18 2010, 12:12:00 AM
That was a direct quote from the original post.
Does Donna Murphy know the difference between 'then' and 'than'?
 Apr 18 2010, 12:04:06 AM
"..since Whistle talk is dying down I figure I should just start a new topic - and what better way to do so then to obnoxiously question someone's grammar :P!"

I do hope you're joking....!!! You do realize the pot is calling the kettle....????

What should I do with old OBCs?
 Feb 13 2010, 03:40:33 PM
I think you probably intended to type "OBCRs" -- because you have Recordings....not Original Broadway Casts.

Songs with body parts/anatomy
 Feb 1 2010, 01:04:47 PM
Dem Bones (Dry Bones)
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You