News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for OKBroadwayFan

OKBroadwayFan Profile Photo
Member Name: OKBroadwayFan
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Profile: Big Broadway fan from Oklahoma. Travel for work, so I am in NYC about once a month. Currently on assignment in Boston

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Broadway Babies  Jun 30 2020, 07:39:18 PM

1964--February--the day after the Beatles appeared on the Ed Sullivan Show.

It was the year of Hello Dolly!, She Loves Me, Funny Girl, and Barefoot in the Park.  

Getting it off my chest  May 20 2020, 09:52:09 PM

I totally agree with you.

Going to NYC and seeing a couple of shows every month was my "treat".   It was the number thing that brought me joy.   

I miss it!

I have other things to worry about---health (mine and loved ones), employment, relationships....

But theater kept me sane.  

We will get through this....

Alternatives to the Broadway Flea Market  May 15 2020, 06:21:38 PM

I love the Flea and had to miss last  year.    

I have noticed that BCEFA have not had any items for sale on EBay.  They usually have a half dozen items for sale (autographed posters, playbills, etc) at all times.    I wonder if their entire staff have been furloughed?

The closure hit about the time that the spring bucket drive was starting.   I was hoping that some of the shows would donate their items to be sold online.

Emptiest/Smallest Audiences at Broadway shows?  Apr 29 2020, 04:52:54 PM

I saw Gary the Sequel..  close to the end of the run.   I had bought a cheap ticket and they moved us all up front.  I would say about 50% full.  

9 to 5: Why Didn't Dolly Parton win?  Apr 23 2020, 10:37:44 PM

QueenAlice said: "HeyMrMusic said: "In my book, Dolly should have two Oscars by now: one for “Travelin’ Thru” and one for “9 to 5.” She was robbed both times.

As much as I love the song "9 to 5," I can't say I agree it wasrobbed of an Oscar win. It lost to "Fame" which is not only an equally strong pop song but is an essential and indelible part of the film it was written for. Indeed, the scene in whichthe song &qu

DVR Alert  Apr 20 2020, 05:23:34 PM

Tuesday, April 21st

9pm EST

CBS  ( in case you didn't know what "channel 2" is in your area.)

https://www.grammy.com/grammys/news/lets-go-crazy-grammy-salute-prince-air-april-21-cbs-featuring-john-legend-her-usher

Shut down until June 7  Apr 20 2020, 12:27:43 PM

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Breaking-NYC-Mayor-Bill-De-Blasio-Cancels-All-Non-Essential-Events-Through-June-20200420

So  now we are officially closed until July.   No surprise and as others have stated, most likely the Fall at the earliest.  

Larry Kramer Takes on Trump Jordan Roth & More  Apr 3 2020, 02:48:03 PM

Harvey Fierstein reponse to his Facebook post:

Harvey Fierstein
Harvey Fierstein My darling Larry - Let us, please, not start attacking one another. Jordan knows, Richie knows. I dare say that Steve Roth knows. Trump couldn't care less if Steve attacked him. At this point he doesn't need a real estatemdeveloper like Steve Roth. He has plenty of money for his reelection. That's not where his power and security comes from. Trump is a puppet of the corporations who are making a fortune off this disease. They are cashing in America's pain for America's wealth. Prices for equipment are skyrocketing. Trump has the power to stem the racketeering but he wouldn't dare. Corporate America would destroy him. He knows that the marketplace is what owns him. And as long as he puts anti-choice and anti-gay and anti-women's rights judges on the bench no right winger will care what else he does. Trump was right. He is now standing in the middle of an empty 5th Avenue having killed everyone who lived there and NO ONE IS CALLING HIM OUT ON IT! Trump is Nero fiddling while the country burns. But as long as it's burning up citizens and not companies he will remain safely in power. My dearest, wisest, bravest friend... We survived an epidemic because we recognized the real enemy. Ronald Reagan was an asshole who finally heard our pleas when his own friends were dying but he did not save us. Citizens and protest and outrage and knowledge and community and SCIENCE saved us. TRUMP's stupidity and fecklessness is in the way of a cure. But Trump in no way is the cure. Let's stay focused. I know that I don't have to remind you of all people, no human being is the enemy. The enemy is a virus. Let's destroy the enemy.

How is everyone doing?  Mar 27 2020, 07:20:12 PM

I am in Oklahoma, work as a consultant.   I usually travel each week to another state and we are grounded until further notice.   I live alone and I am lonely.  I miss the energy of people!   People on the plane, in the airport, at work, just people!    Looking forward to seeing live theater again!!   

Best wishes to all of you!

Stay safe!

We will perform and we will watch other perform again!!!

How is everyone doing?  Mar 27 2020, 07:15:02 PM

Joan Clawford!  I love it!!!

Transgender Performers on Broadway  Mar 21 2020, 01:51:18 AM

sorano916 said: "In the original Broadway cast of "Harry Potter and the Cursed Child,"Jess Barbagallo played the role of Yann and for the third year, Jax Jackson takes over the role of Yann."

Was this posted on the wrong thread?

Which shows will Covid-19 end?  Mar 16 2020, 02:02:45 PM

As a die hard theater fan, my daughter and I will be back to see shows ASAP.   But what about the tourists?  Are people going to go on vacations and trips?   The tourist dollars are a big chunk of the ticket sales for the shows.  

Off-broadway still open?  Mar 12 2020, 03:48:06 PM

I just bought a ticket to Little Shop for tomorrow night.    

Moulin Rouge - Today’s Matinee AND Evening CANCELLED  Mar 12 2020, 01:56:09 PM

On their Website:

TODAY’S PERFORMANCES OF MOULIN ROUGE! THE MUSICAL HAVE BEEN CANCELED. PERFORMANCES ARE CURRENTLY SCHEDULED TO RESUME TOMORROW, MARCH 13. TO LEARN MORE ABOUT REFUNDS AND EXCHANGES, PLEASE REACH OUT TO YOUR POINT OF PURCHASE.

Broadway to Close?  Mar 12 2020, 01:55:31 PM

On the Moulin Rouge website:

TODAY’S PERFORMANCES OF MOULIN ROUGE! THE MUSICAL HAVE BEEN CANCELED. PERFORMANCES ARE CURRENTLY SCHEDULED TO RESUME TOMORROW, MARCH 13. TO LEARN MORE ABOUT REFUNDS AND EXCHANGES, PLEASE REACH OUT TO YOUR POINT OF PURCHASE.

Inheritance Rush Predictions?  Feb 25 2020, 05:39:55 PM

Tulsa OK boy here!   I might be able to see it in order, but not for sure.  Good to know.   This is my last chance in NYC before it closes and really need to see it.    Thanks for the information.

Inheritance Rush Predictions?  Feb 25 2020, 03:15:17 PM

quick question---Has anyone seen Part 2  and then seen Part 1?   My schedule this weekend allows me Saturday night and Sunday afternoon free.   Will I be totally confused??

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/23/20  Feb 24 2020, 09:03:34 PM

Call_me_jorge said: "ChihuahuaDad said: "Is this the first time Harry Potter and the Cursed Child has been below 100% capacity?"

I believe they’ve been below once or maybe twice before.
"

This will show you the history:

https://www.broadwayworld.com/grosses/HARRY-POTTER-AND-THE-CURSED-CHILDPARTS-ONE-AND-TWOhttps://www.broadwayworld.com/grosses/HARRY-POTTER-AND-THE-CURSED-CHILDPARTS-ONE-AND-TWO

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/16/20  Feb 18 2020, 03:45:06 PM

GreasedLightning said: "OKBroadwayFan said: "If only Six could have sold $647 more in ticket sales last week...

Gross Total--$666,019
"

Why would...... anybody want their gross to be $666,666? From a superstitious position, I’d be unable to shake that lol
"

So true...

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/16/20  Feb 18 2020, 03:37:14 PM

If only Six could have sold $647 more in ticket sales last week...

Gross Total--$666,019

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You