News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for lemiz1862

Member Name: lemiz1862
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

McAvoy Cyrano
 Feb 7 2020, 05:20:06 PM

Coming to New York, not Broadway. 

Mrs. Doubtfire - Seattle Pre-Broadway Thoughts
 Dec 11 2019, 01:08:39 PM

Ado Annie D'Ysquith said: "Interesting report on how GLAAD was consulted not only for this show, but Tootsie as well, to ensure the trans community was okay with their nature...

Link
"

But the statement actually spells out how the producers/creative team of Doubtfire actually didn't work with GLAAD in the way they presented, while Tootsie's team did work directly with GLAAD. 

“As the producers of Mrs. Doubtfire made clear in their statement on December 2, 'they have taken feedback and notes from people representing different constituencies who have seen rehearsals as part of the process of making the show.' One GLAAD employee attended a rehearsal, but not in an official consulting capacity. No formal feedback from GLAAD has been given to producers. Conversations between the show’s producers and GLAAD continue."

Round 1 of Tony Eligibility 2019-2020
 Oct 25 2019, 12:02:20 AM

We actually don't know what the producers petitioned for. In previous Betrayal productions, all three actors have been eligible for Best Actor and Best Actress. When it comes to nominations the previous precedent stand unless there are extenuating circumstances.

TOOTSIE the Musical: PREVIEWS START
 Mar 30 2019, 07:16:23 PM

EllieRose2 said: "Any photos of merch?"

Don’t have a photo of the merch but it was pretty great. The “Friends of Dorothy” T shirt is funny and I think people have been posting it on social media. 

bk said: “I wonder when the meta trend will end - it's so boring by now  - it's been going on for over two decades now and still musical theater "FANatics" whoop and holler at every reference

TOOTSIE the Musical: PREVIEWS START
 Mar 30 2019, 12:30:57 AM

I'm with Whizzer, I am also surprised at some of the reactions here. Team Prom is working hard tonight! (Joke)

What a fun night in the theatre. I haven't laughed so hard in a long time. I agree that the show is long and the score needs some work, but after some of the movie to musical adaptations we have had previously this really shines. They really adapted the movie to the stage and it works. And it's the best book of any musical com

HELP ME PICK: Tootsie or The Prom
 Mar 25 2019, 07:51:07 PM

Tootsie hands down. Haven't laughed so hard in a long time. 

NHow Feasible is a Caroline, or Change Transfer??
 Feb 2 2019, 07:09:58 PM

It is actually being very openly talked about, look out for more news later in the year if it comes together. Expect the Hudson (ATG) or a not for profit late 2020. No one wants to bring another revival in next season with Company, WSS, and Dreamgirls.

Theatres/ here ya go!
 Nov 29 2018, 12:21:13 AM

Literally none of these are correct

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/17/18
 Jun 19 2018, 04:22:35 AM

it may be around until Jujamcyn exercises its stop clause rights.

Can we please please stop talking about theatre owners excersing their stop clauses? I could count the times this has actually happened on one hand. Mr. Wankel, Mr. Nederlander, and Mr. Roth would not ruin a relationship with a producer by legally kicking out a production. It is usually a mutual decision by both parties with a lot of maneuvering on the part of the theatre owner. 

P

Why was the Carousel Tony Awards performance thread deleted?
 Jun 8 2018, 11:24:42 AM

Why would Rudin ever make any sort of statement about a twitter rumor that was then regurgitated on a broadway message board that very few people read? I think "PR 101" would not be to draw attention to a rumor that wasn't true...

MEAN GIRLS Reviews
 Jun 6 2018, 10:57:32 AM

^ seriously. 

And I'd like to add, with shows like this that hit the "fandom" universe (just take a look at the Mean Girls covers on Youtube), parents and kids buy tickets to unrelated plays and musicals. It is a statistical fact. We should be glad that some of broadway is dedicated to cultivating the audiences of tomorrow. 

Why was the Carousel Tony Awards performance thread deleted?
 Jun 4 2018, 09:16:29 PM

"example of censorship here at BWW"? This is a Broadway message board. The thread was an idiotic attempt to start drama that literally did not exist and was then deleted. 

I'm glad the mods are greater action at policing this board. It has become a dumpster fire of bitchiness in the last two years and has frankly become an industry joke. Even a show coming in next season is going to poke major jokes at this boards expense, ya'll w

Hadestown Transferring in Spring?
 Sep 6 2017, 07:09:57 AM

"It barely sold out it's off broadway run unlike other shows."

What are you on about? It was actually one of the highest grossing shows at NYTW. Ever.

Paulson expose On Great Comet controversy
 Sep 1 2017, 01:32:15 AM

@Hogan not really, and comparing something like Comet at Circle in the Square to BOM at the O'Neill is apples and oranges. 

Let's say Comet went to Circle. The show would have been capitalized around 6 million give or take due to the large nature of the show including theater renovations, physical production, bonds, and a healthy reserve due to it's risky nature (I budget Broadway shows with GA's as my job). The large cast/chorus would've made th

Aug 31 2017, 11:44:53 PM

I agree with what Hogan and Mr. Matt both say, but I think what everyone forgets is how small Circle in the Square is, leading to a much smaller potential weekly profit. I know multiple productions coming in this year that looked at Circle, but decided not to book the theatre once they realized how small their profit margin would be. As Broadway shows get more and more expensive, Circle looks a much less enticing proposition even with a star. 

Heck, The River made

Aug 30 2017, 02:24:01 PM

I can also corroborate what Rainah and Trpguyy are true-

The Hamilton leads (including Oak) were allowed to get away with a lot, late to rehearsal etc. Oak came into Comet expecting this, not realizing Rachel runs a tight ship, and as most people know now came into rehearsals completely unprepared.

The producers and creative team expected a Heather Headly/Color Purple situation, where a semi name would come into the show and completely kill, elevating the show to a new

Aug 30 2017, 12:20:07 AM

Hogan is right, the nut for this show was in the low 900K range and even then it would take over 1.5 years to recoup at full capacity. The show never really had a hope at succeeding due to the way Kagan financed it.

It has also been confirmed to me by multiple independent sources (directly associated with the show) that what Riedel wrote was right- Oak agreed to leave the show for Mandy and even promised to make media appearances with him as well as agreeing to sign a joint press relea

Will My Fair Lady come to Broadway via Aus?
 Dec 16 2016, 10:33:49 PM

Potentially. They are in the running for the rights along with a few other producers.

Again, as was said in the thread where Jordan incorrectly stated Lincoln Center was putting up a production this spring, no final decision has been made yet on the rights. 

Very Deceiving Aladdin Seating! Beware
 Feb 16 2014, 07:16:58 PM
@oasisjeff, I wouldn't really say that they aren't selling those tickets because they are waiting for the staging. The price/decision to make seats premium are made long ago and are part of the initial 'programming memo' that is made for the show. Changes can be made but they are usually set.

@ak72090, the seats in row A of the balcony are probably being held for the production staff. Again, part of that initial programming memo is to set aside a certain amount of seats for the lighting

Ryan Steele in Les Mis Revival??
 Nov 17 2013, 08:41:08 PM
He's a featured dancer in the workshop for An American In Paris happening next week. That's probably an answer to your question.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You