News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Joe Dee

Member Name: Joe Dee
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Questions for March Trip (re: TKTS booth options; a few shows)
 Mar 15 2024, 09:40:57 AM

Hi all! Decade-plus user here!

I'm going to be in NYC this time next week (3/22-3/26) and have plenty of room for shows. The only show that I currently have tickets for is Cole Escola's "Oh Mary" but I have a few questions that I'm using to plan in the next week. I highly rely on TKTS booth when I'm in the city and have been paying close attention to the shows on the site. I feel like my friend and I will have a good chance at Sweeney Todd, Spamalot, and

WHO’S AFRAID OF VIRGINIA WOOLF? Preview Thread
 Mar 3 2020, 01:40:31 PM

I'm desperate to see pics of cast and set for this production particuarly because a) I love the show and b) I love EDIT: SCOTT PASK's set design (I don't know why I posted Buether)

Also: I hope that responses to this post can talk about the number of empty seats...haven't bought my tickets yet (hoping to see it in April)

Manhattan Matinee, Brooklyn Evening Show -- Commute Questions
 Apr 25 2019, 08:58:11 PM

Hi everyone -- I read these message boards quite a bit but only post in preparation for my twice a year trips to NYC.

In June, a group of friends and myself are coming to the city for 6 shows in 5 days. We have tickets for the 3 PM matinee of TKAM and tickets for Fairview off-broadway in Brooklyn (at the Polansky Shakespeare Center). 

Catching the A train from 42nd Street (around 5:50-6) and taking it into Brooklyn to Hoyt Schermerhorn Station, we should easily make a

Trip Advice (6/14-6/19) (RE: TKTS, TDF, RUSH; AiA, TIC, SS, TTW, C
 Jun 11 2018, 10:28:47 PM

Hi all,

I rarely post on here -- only when I'm preparing for a trip to the city and need some advice.

I am hoping to see six shows between Thursday and Sunday of this upcoming weekend:

-I already have tickets to the 2nd 1/2 of Angels in America for Sunday the 17th via TDF. Do you think that via TKTS booth or Rush tickets, I should be able to get 1 moderately priced ticket for either Thursday night or Saturday matinee?

-What do you think the e

Dream: Agnes of God
 Jul 24 2017, 07:10:59 PM

QueenAlice said: "The show is probably not revivable. It's brand of mystery surrounding Catholic guilt isn't much relevant anymore but here is my cast:

Martha Livingstone: Cate Blanchett

Mother Miriam: Cherry Jones

Agnes: Anya Taylor-Joy

Jones is one of the greats but I wonder if she'd ever strap on the habit again.

"

Jul 24 2017, 07:09:04 PM

JSquared2 said: "Linney is 20 years too young, Ashford is 20 years too old.  Coon wouldn't sell a single ticket.

Laura Linney is 53 -- only 1 year younger than Anne Bancroft and 4 years younger than Geraldine Page when they both played the role.

Agnes wouldn't be 12.

After "The Leftovers" and "Fargo", Coon could for sure tell tickets. Not saying she's Bette or Ben but I don't think she'd do too bad for

Jul 23 2017, 10:47:58 PM

I'd love to see an Agnes of God revival (coming on the heels of seeing how A Handmaid's Tale is showing Trump America).

Dream casting?

Laura Linney (Mother Miriam)

Carrie Coon (Doctor Martha Livingstone)

Annaleigh Ashford (Agnes)

Any thoughts?

2017 SITPWG Nominations
 Jun 22 2017, 08:07:29 PM

Regardless of the fact that Sunday in the Park with George wasn't considered for Tonys, how many nominations and awards do you think it would have received?  Which categories?

TDF.org -- To Apply or Not?
 Jun 5 2017, 06:07:48 PM

I'm planning a trip to NYC in two weeks, and I'm trying to decide if the $34 membership would be worth the cost of purchases.

I'm not really familiar with how it works but is it a better alternative to waiting at TKTS booth or trying for lottery?

Interested in: Come From Away, Great Comet, Anastasia, Dear Evan (but am doubtful); Present Laughter, A Doll's House, Indecent

Riedel on the Tony Awards and Bette not performing
 May 31 2017, 10:02:03 AM

HogansHero said: "this is another one of those threads that exhibits the naivete of much of this board in full bloom. This is all about free publicity and guess what it has worked. 

oh and PS: producers do not have to have their arms twisted to spend the money; they are begging to. And PS #2, who do you think "the Tonys" are if not the self-same producers? 

Wait....How is this about free publicity when

Post-Tony Week
 May 30 2017, 01:32:53 PM

So I'll be in the city the week after the Tonys (June 12-1.

I've only bought tickets to one show prior to the trip ($30 Under 30 Tickets for The Little Foxes), but hope to see 3-4 other shows while I'm there via student rush, general rush or the TKTS booth.

A few questions and concerns:  I know that a number of the shows will be nigh impossible to get tickets to (Dolly, Evan) while some are possibly but not as probable (Comet, Come from Away).  After shows pick up a few (or a slew) of Tonys, it only makes sense that the tickets become even more difficult to get. For those of you who have been in the city for years, after the broadcast is there a glut of tickets if they don't do as well Tony time (i.e. would it be easier to get tickets to Come From Away if it comes home without any awards)? OR does the simple fact that the Tonys present at least one song from the show make the tickets the week following the Tonys even harder to get? I'd like to use one of the aforementioned outlets (SR, GR, TKTS) to get tickets to either Come From Away or Great Comet.  I'm expecting Dear Evan Hansen to take home the Best Musical award, so should obtaining a ticket for these shows be a bit easier? 

Basically:

June 12-18 -- your thoughts on how easy or difficult to get tickets to the following (and the award that could cause the ticket prices to raise or dip in parenthesis):

Come From Away (not winning musical make it easier?)

Great Comet (same)

Present Laughter (Kevin Kline winning Actor)

A Doll's House (any awards?)

Groundhog Day

Is Oslo worth it?
 May 23 2017, 05:16:30 PM

Planning a trip to NY in June, and I'm on the fence about Oslo.

Pros: For years I've been wanting to see a Bartlett Sher production; I'd love to see Jefferson Mays and Jennifer Ehle; $30 LincTix.

Cons: I don't know how I feel about the topic at hand; therefore:

Does Oslo feel like a history class? Is it preachy? Is it exciting?

Little Foxes -- Laura/Cynthia Schedule
 May 17 2017, 10:09:57 AM

I'm going to be in NYC June 15-18 and I'm wanting to see Little Foxes. I'm wanting to catch the casting that Tony voters are seeing (Laura as Regina), is there a specific place to find the casting schedule in advance?

(*sorry if this has been posted before)

Best Performance You've Seen?
 Jul 23 2013, 10:37:53 PM
Mark Rylance in Jerusalem
and
Nina Arianda in Venus in Fur

both phenomenal, and thankful both Tony winners.

Craziest stage door memories
 Jul 21 2013, 11:48:16 AM
saw "God of Carnage" with the original cast (Daniels, Davis, Gandolfini, Gay Harden). Not a lot of people were stage dooring which really surprised me based on the star wattage. All four actors came out in that order and Marcia Gay Harden signed autographs and was chatting with people for a good 30 minutes. We happened to be at the end of the line (not planned, just happened). She got to my dad and I and was shocked we'd stayed around so long. I have to mention at this point, my dad wasn't a B
Thrilling theatre moments/twists
 Jun 5 2013, 07:39:56 PM
to add to the voices...the last 15 minutes of Jerusalem.

and I've got to add the last 15 minutes or so of Other Desert Cities and the bit of a revelation (maybe you disagree?) at the very end.

Ways to Find Out About Productions Nationwide?
 May 29 2013, 09:15:25 PM
Hey you guys. I'm curious; Do you guys know of the best way to find out about where productions are being licensed for community theaters, state theaters, etc?

I'm curious particularly about theaters across the company that may be putting on productions of recently successful plays (i.e. Clybourne Park, Venus in Fur, Detroit, Other Desert Cities, etc.)

Would just searching each particular show be the best bet or maybe someone around here knows of a website that collects this

Easiest Tony Award to Predict this year?
 May 15 2013, 05:24:54 PM
I almost said Martin....I'm glad Pippin's getting a good bit of love this year.
Easiest Tony Award to Predict this year?
 May 15 2013, 05:12:20 PM
Of the 26 categories this year, what do you think is the easiest one to predict this year.

I'm going to say Pippin for revival, or Kenneth Posner for something (although that's cheating a bit).

Any Casting News for Dinner With Friends?
 May 11 2013, 12:08:31 AM
I'm excited about Pam MacKinnon taking on Donald Margulies's play on Broadway. I believe she's quickly becoming one of the go to theater directors and I hope a Tony is in her future next month. Any casting news?
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You