TDF.org -- To Apply or Not?

Joe Dee
#1TDF.org -- To Apply or Not?
Posted: 6/5/17 at 6:07pm

I'm planning a trip to NYC in two weeks, and I'm trying to decide if the $34 membership would be worth the cost of purchases.

I'm not really familiar with how it works but is it a better alternative to waiting at TKTS booth or trying for lottery?

Interested in: Come From Away, Great Comet, Anastasia, Dear Evan (but am doubtful); Present Laughter, A Doll's House, Indecent

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#2TDF.org -- To Apply or Not?
Posted: 6/5/17 at 6:15pm

TDF is great, and it's about half the price (usually) of the TKTS booth. But you're not going to find sold-out shows like Dear Evan Hansen at either.

A Doll's House, Present Laughter, Indecent have been on there consistently, as well as Bandstand, A Bronx Tale (it comes and goes), On Your Feet.

Cupid Boy2 Profile Photo
Cupid Boy2
#3TDF.org -- To Apply or Not?
Posted: 6/5/17 at 6:26pm

If you reside more than 100 miles from the city, you're eligible for a national membership, which costs only $12.

VintageSnarker
#4TDF.org -- To Apply or Not?
Posted: 6/5/17 at 6:34pm

It's worth it for me if I see a couple things a year. Maybe one or two Broadway shows and then a random assortment of things that wouldn't be on other discount sites. I haven't done the math on your shows but maybe take a look at the rush offers and see what ends up being a better deal. 

PatrickDC Profile Photo
PatrickDC
#5TDF.org -- To Apply or Not?
Posted: 6/5/17 at 6:41pm

I've been a member for about five years now and have actually never used it or taken advantage of the benefits. I live in San Francisco so only have to pay $12 for a national membership. I treat this as a charitable donation because I want to support live theater in my own small way. 

EugLoven Profile Photo
EugLoven
#6TDF.org -- To Apply or Not?
Posted: 6/5/17 at 10:57pm

Apply.

[end scene]

Videos