News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for caskey

caskey Profile Photo
Member Name: caskey
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Dreamgirls Costume Change (Original Production)
 Jan 20 2017, 10:57:24 PM

gypsy101 said: "did you see that this thread is ten years old"

I think it's pretty clear that I didn't.

However, if anyone is wondering, that's how the change happens in the new West End production.

This is what comes from reading discussion boards at 4am when you should be sleeping.

re: Dreamgirls Costume Change (Original Production)
 Jan 20 2017, 10:28:22 PM

Sandy in Sable said: "The scene transitions from club to club (whether it's supposed to be the same club or not I don't know)"

Yes! It's the same club. I just saw this production last night, so it's very fresh in my mind. At the top of the song, she's in the club, auditioning. The stage, piano, chairs, everything is there. Lighting plays a big factor in the change. The whole thing is actually really simple. The effect is just so beautifully d

Rush tickets are not affordable anymore
 Dec 15 2016, 12:15:47 AM

Kinky Boy said: "ok fine then. let Broadway be only for the elites."

Have the prices gone up over the years? Yes. You've made your point, but you just sound silly with all this elitist talk. $40 is a reasonable price for a rush ticket. Gap sells jeans for $45, so I guess pants are only for the elite. A vial of insulin costs $85, so I guess diabetes is just for the elite. Checking a piece of luggage costs $35, so I guess bringing underwear home when you visit your parents is fo

Rush tickets are not affordable anymore
 Dec 14 2016, 11:36:30 PM

Theater3232 said: "It's not going to have any effect whatsoever on the grosses.  A show is not going to stay open or close and say "wow, the extra $15 really made a huge difference in our bottom line".  But the extra $15 makes a huge difference for people who live to see theater."

I'm sorry, but $15x30 seats x 8 shows a week is $3600...just a little under the weekly minimum salaries for 2 ensemble members. In a business where more shows lo

NY steakhouse recommendations, anyone?
 Mar 28 2014, 02:15:58 AM
Maloney & Porcelli

It's more midtown east, but it's amazing!!!

http://maloneyandporcelli.com

Cherry Jones Out of Menagerie
 Feb 12 2014, 07:09:33 PM
Addison, if you're interested in learning more about the understudy/standby process...allow me to shamelessly plug a project of mine.

I host a web series called "Standing By" we've got 2 seasons of episodes available at www.standingbytv.com. In the show, I interview Broadway understudies, standbys and swings about their careers and the challenges of covering roles. I haven't had the opportunity to speak with Ms. Jones' cover, but some of my other guests might be of interest to you.
Godspell Tour?
 Nov 29 2013, 07:31:31 PM
First national tour and they're playing today at a high school cafetorium. No commentary necessary.
Godspell Tour?
 Oct 9 2013, 10:12:22 PM
sorry...link didn't work first time

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpk5eOCJ7OQ&feature=youtu.be

Godspell Tour?
 Oct 9 2013, 10:11:45 PM
Yeah...kinda
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You