News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Esswei

Member Name: Esswei
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: The Official 'Bad High School Productions on YouTube' Megathread
 Sep 7 2012, 09:04:11 PM
Middle schools should not attempt Evita.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVCso_d5uzE&feature=plcp
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j29KSb5RvBs&feature=plcp

Elena Roger's Movie
 Aug 14 2012, 04:45:58 PM
I've been wanting to see this movie but can't get into NYC at those dates. Anyone know where I can see it, online or not?
Listen to the new Evita Cast Recording on AOL Music
 Jun 25 2012, 01:45:20 PM
Thanks for linking to this, it's making my precal homework more bearable. I cringe whenever Ricky Martin opens his mouth though. With Elena's voice is very 50/50 for me. She's so shrill on the high notes but I love her accent. I've actually been finding her extremely easy to understand. Some lyrics I didn't catch on the original recording I completely understand here.
Max vonEssen Evita Backstage Tour with a special Tony guest
 Jun 16 2012, 01:42:04 PM
That video was really adorable. I love Elena's "Whaaaaaaat?" I got my tickets for Evita when Ricky Martin's out, hopefully Max von Essen'll be Che when I see it.
Evita Discount!
 Jun 14 2012, 04:30:16 PM
Where do I enter in the code to get the discounted tickets? Is this discount still available?
Christina
 Jun 8 2012, 04:22:46 PM
Thanks so much for all the feedback guys! I think I'm going to go while Martin's on vacation and go when Elena's playing Eva. I know the musical very well, so it's not a problem if I can't understand her because I already know the lyrics, and I do love the her accent. Plus really good dancing and acting seems like a decent trade off for singing that's not too great on the high notes. Now I'm just hoping I can get a decent seat from TKTS, but from what I've been hearing it seems likely.
Elena
 Jun 6 2012, 09:28:37 PM
Does anyone know who will be replacing Martin?
Elena
 Jun 6 2012, 09:05:36 PM
That seems to sum up a lot of what I've heard. I've seen some clips of the show and I think Roger as young Eva is amazing. But I heard a clip where her voice could hardly reach the high notes as "Good Night and Thank You".
I feel like I heard that Martin is going on vacation sometime soon. Is he so mediocre I should try to go during that time? I'm very flexible- I'm only a short drive away from NYC.

"Evita" Questions
 Jun 6 2012, 08:36:38 PM
So even though it hasn't gotten the best reviews I really want to see Evita because I really like the musical. I was wondering if it's better to try to see it on days when Christina DeCicco is performing instead of Elena Roger, or is Roger not as bad as the reviews say she is? And if I try to get tickets from TKTS, does anyone know the likelihood of getting obstructed view seats, or are the seats selling so poorly I could actually get decent ones or ea"sily switch seats at intermission? Thanks.
Peter and the Starcatcher Questions
 Jun 6 2012, 08:28:19 PM
My mom actually saw this play twice, once from the orchestra and once from the mezzanine, and she said she liked it a lot more from the orchestra because you could really see the emotions on the actor's faces which added more humor to it. I had seen it with her in the orchestra and I agree it is a perk. The play has a lot of physical humor so you want to be sure to see all of it clearly.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You