News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for gabbym

gabbym Profile Photo
Member Name: gabbym
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

HBO's 'The Normal Heart': Your Thoughts
 Jun 1 2014, 01:28:29 PM
I'm glad to see that so many others agreed with me about the film version of "The Normal Heart", although well done, this is a piece that works much better on the stage. I thought Mark Ruffalo and Matt Bomer were good, but nowhere near to Joe Mantello and John Benjamin Hickey in the revival. A little too "Hollywood" perfect.
Jim Parsons and Joe Mantello nailed their roles and as far as Julia Roberts is concerned, I never cared for her as an actress and didn't much like her here either. Ellen

Hedwig 10pm Saturday shows
 Dec 4 2013, 03:20:57 PM
Most off-Broadway shows do the same schedule. So if you see an off B'way show, you can still make the 10pm Hedwig on B'way
IF/THEN opening in DC tonight.
 Nov 6 2013, 03:05:45 PM
Sounds like it needs to be tightened and hope they heed any changes that the critics point out need to be made before New York, unlike Big Fish when it played Chicago and was not really worked on all that much during NY previews, that's why the show was not a mega hit.
Liza Minnelli and Alan Cumming still happening on Broadway?
 Nov 6 2013, 03:02:08 PM
I totally agree. I saw this show at Town Hall last year and Liza was nowhere near her old self, but did try hard and was effective in some Charles Aznavour story songs.
As always, Alan Cumming walked away with the show and tried to help Liza out as much as he could.

Any early Tony Predictions?
 Nov 6 2013, 02:52:50 PM
I agree. Cherry Jones should dust off her mantle now for her third Tony.
Eventually she will either tie or surpass the great Julie Harris as most Tony wins for Best Actress. She is the best Broadway dramatic actress since Miss Harris.

Fun Home Reviews!!!!
 Oct 22 2013, 02:20:01 PM
I agree, I enjoyed the show very much and it has prompted me to order two of Allison's books on Amazon. I hope the show has some life in an open ended off-Broadway run after its debut at the Public. Don't think this one should go to Broadway as the material is too delicate for non NY theater goers.
FUN HOME coming to Broadway?
 Oct 22 2013, 02:07:45 PM
I sat in the third row and it was a great seat. It's a moderate sized theater.
Also, I don't think this show should be on Broadway, but feel that it is of high merit that maybe a commercial off-Broadway run is in its future after the run at the Public is over.

How Is Max von Essen Doing As Che
 Jul 21 2012, 12:30:14 PM
I agree...watch YouTube Patti LuPone performances from the original, or try to get the original Broadway score.
You Guys are SO JUDGY! (I just saw Evita)
 Jul 21 2012, 12:28:12 PM
Maybe she got better as the show is going on...sometimes that happens...I saw it in May and she was terrible...too much nasal uopper register and the accent made the lyrics incomprehensible.
Leaving Evita at intermission
 Jul 12 2012, 07:46:44 PM
Although I have never lft a show at intermission, I do agree that this production of "Evita" was difficult to sit through. Having seen the original production directed by Harold Prince and starring Patti LuPone and Mandy Patinkin, I felt sorry for all those who were deprived of that theatre experience and had to settle for this tepid, mediocre production of what, is really a Broadway classic if done as the original.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You