News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for ThatShortBlondeChick

ThatShortBlondeChick Profile Photo
Member Name: ThatShortBlondeChick
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Best(or worst) Act 1 closers?
 Jul 17 2012, 10:24:45 PM
I really liked Phantom, Mary Poppins and Wicked.

But Anything Goes for sure takes the cake.

Best Stage Door experiences?
 Jul 17 2012, 09:44:04 PM
When I saw Anything Goes earlier this month I went to the stage door. The whole cast was extremely friendly. They all took time to sign everyone's playbills, posters, CDs, etc, and pose for pictures. And they all had a good time doing it (Robert Petkoff even pulled his "gypsy face" while posing for photos which really made my night).

Stephanie J Block and Robert Creighton (who went on for Joel Gray that performance) came out later than expected that night because of a talk-back after t

Broadway Vloggers: Are you out there?
 Jul 17 2012, 09:23:16 PM
I'll be the first to admit that I love the vlogging (video blogging) community on youtube. I really like watching and hearing about people's lives and opinions on politics, news, social media, etc.

Recently I've been wondering if there are any major Broadway/theatre vloggers on youtube or other webites. Does anyone know if there are any out there?

(Also feel free to promote yourself C:)

Musicals that you don't want to see?
 Jul 17 2012, 08:19:08 PM
Ghost
Rock of Ages
Bring It On

I'm not too enthusiastic about the list of upcoming musicals either.

Music Man ending (spoiler maybe?)
 Jul 10 2012, 09:56:54 PM
When I saw The Music Man in Stratford a few years ago they did have the boy's band come out on stage at the end and play during the curtain call (it was odviously a different group of kids that were playing though) and they did change the lighting like what Best12 said.

I think it really ties the whole performance together and gives it a fun, light-hearted ending.

What show do you think/hope will make a reappearance on Broadway?
 Jul 6 2012, 09:40:24 PM
Someone please tell me that I'm not the only one who thinks that if Bonnie & Clyde were to go through some rewrites it could be a great, and I mean GREAT, Broadway show.
What show do think/hope will make a reappearance on Broadway?
 Jul 4 2012, 09:32:54 PM
NoHSMisNotAMusical, yes! Broadway needs a good production of Guys & Dolls ASAP!
 Jul 4 2012, 09:09:51 PM
I would have to strongly agree with everyone who's saying Sweeney (except without John Stamos).

Although I would really like to see A chorus Line and Drowsy Chaperone come back soon.

Cinderella w/ Lesley Ann Warren on youtube
 Jul 3 2012, 07:24:45 PM
Hooray! Thank you :)
 Jul 3 2012, 07:23:29 PM
What is your list of shows that you think will be revived within the next 15 years?

Anybody seen 'Memphis' yet?
 Jul 1 2012, 09:01:18 PM
I've just recently seen Memphis with Pascal as the lead. I thought his acting was phenomenal and the choreography was amazing. It's a good musical if your looking for something with a blues/rock score and a feel-good vibe throughout the performance.
Anything Goes front row...
 Jul 1 2012, 08:43:05 PM
I actually just saw Anything goes recently. Although I wasn't in the front row from where I was sitting you can see, as Emmaloucbway said, that the stage is lower unlike in older theatres. Also the orchestra pit is in front of the stage which will also help with your line of sight.

Enjoy the show!

How often do you go to the theatre?
 Jul 1 2012, 08:31:49 PM
The past two years I have been very lucky to be able to visit New York for 3-4 days in the summer. I've seen 2 Broadway shows both times I have visited the city.

I also usually see one show that's on National Tour every year because I live near Toronto. I see shows in my community theatre every once and a while, and my school's drama department is very good at doing small event's like one act plays throughout the year (this year we were very lucky to be able to have the grade 12 pro

Favorite book of a musical?
 Jul 1 2012, 08:14:14 PM
Mine would have to be:

Drowsy Chaperone
The Music Man
Anything Goes
Thoroughly Modern Millie
Phantom of the Opera

Best BFA Musical Theater Programs
 Jun 23 2012, 07:16:03 PM
What are the best college programs in Canada and NYC? By this I mean which schools give you a good quality course and learning experience without a hefty price tag attached to it? Which schools require a dance audition and which schools teach you basic dance? Are there any colleges that work directly with some On or Off Broadway theatres?

Sorry if this has already been posted (I haven't had enough time to read through the whole thread)

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You