News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for loliveve

loliveve Profile Photo
Member Name: loliveve
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Princess Party (54 Below) set list  Oct 20 2019, 02:26:49 PM

Hi all! I was wondering if anyone has compiled a set list of the evening from last week? So far I have:

- Come Join the Party
- For the First Time in Forever
- All that Jas (Jasmine melody)
- I Won't Say I'm in Love
- duet between Meg and Hercules from the Public (anyone know the name?)
- The Cinderepic Melody
- Soon
- Part of Your World
- Part of Your World Reprise 
- In Harmony 
- Where did all the Mothers Go? (That

Steven Pasquale and American Son  Jan 17 2019, 03:33:10 PM

They did actually bring in another cast member. I can't find my playbill at the moment, but I know there was not only an understudy slip but a "this person has joined the cast" bio slip in there when I saw it a week ago.

Updated: Jerome Preston Bates joined the cast as an understudy for Jeremy Jordan.

Once On This Island filmed?  Sep 9 2018, 09:14:05 PM
I second the suggestion for the Lincoln Center archives. The TOFT Archives are not difficult to get access to if you are a student, particularly if your paper relates in some way to the show you want to view.
Jessica Voisk Fanmail  Sep 9 2018, 09:00:32 PM
She has tweeted that she responds to fan mail, but I wouldn't really recommend sending anything to her to be signed, because I have been waiting over a year to hear back from her, and know others have as well. Good rule of thumb-- that I forgot in this instance-- is to never send something you'd be sad about not getting back.

BUT if you are just sending a letter, there really is no risk and it's of course worth a shot for the $1.50 it costs in postage :)

Sister Act - 'When I Find My Baby'  Aug 8 2018, 01:18:51 AM

I think it depends on what age you are talking about performing this show. I mean, it does talk about sex, alcohol, and various methods to kill someone. 

BUT when done well, the song should be over the top and cartoonish as you mention, and the choreography for the thugs (aka the backup singers) goes a long way in conveying the humor of it because there is such a stark contrast between the dark words being sung, the tone of the song, and the actions of the actors. Persona

Gypsy at Music Circus  Jul 27 2018, 12:23:38 AM

I rarely post "reviews" because I feel like I can never adequately express things or break down elements of shows, but since this production is at Music Circus and only runs for 6 days, I figured I'll try since I had the opportunity to see it. 

The production is gorgeous, despite a simplistic set design. I was a little disappointed with the staging, as at times they did not treat the stage as a theater in the round. I think I saw the backs of the actors for

Sardi's Trading Cards  Apr 29 2018, 03:52:23 PM

There ARE Broadway trading cards (and even one for Sardi's) with caricature artwork by Squigs. http://www.thelightsofbroadway.nyc/

Hello Dolly- gift shop question  Feb 20 2018, 10:38:55 AM

brettcx5 said: "I will be attending the show this week. Does anyone know if they are still selling the Bette Midler souvenir programs at the theatre? "

They are not selling merchandise with Bette on them any more. I saw the show in Bernadette's first week, and all had been pulled--including the program book. At that time, I was told they are definitely planning to make a book with photos of Bernadette in it.

Souvenir Programs?  Feb 16 2018, 07:43:28 PM

SpongeBob doesn't have a program, but it does have a coffee table book.

Can I be sappy for a second?  Feb 12 2018, 05:09:38 PM

Mister Matt said: "Why don't you just post "Read My Blog" every time you start a new topic?"

I think her job is to get hits on the website
----

Here is the full post/ statement from Jose Damian, made on Feb. 1 (so it's not really new) :
"So, I finally got myself to write this, the con blues were horrible.

Thank you so much to everyone for making these 3 days the best of my short life, you have no idea how overwhelming was your kindness and warm to me.

Thank you to the wonderful kid who tried to make me fat by making me try all the different American candy, to the guys who shared their ribbons while I was just sitting down from exhaustion, sharing stories with me and laughing at whatever was happening, to the girl who started talking to me at the closing ceremony just because I said something silly to myself.

Thank you to all the amazing cosplayers who let me get a picture with them, your costumes were awesome!

Thank you to all the people who randomly said hi to me just because I was dressed as Usnavi, and the kids from school of rock who actually wanted a picture with me!

Thank you to everyone in general for accepting me as part of the community, for having the patience while I tried to say something that I didn't knew how to say or mispronounced anything, you made me feel welcome in a country that I thought I would not be welcomed, you proved me and a lot of people in my country wrong.

Gracias. From the bottom of my heart and back here in Mexico, thank you." 

BroadwayCon 2018 Schedule  Dec 12 2017, 11:08:36 AM

It's not surprising that the three days are more fan-focused, since they are now implementing an "industry day" on Thursday. It will be interesting to see if they continue with that model moving forward for future Cons!

Is Anyone Else Having Trouble With The "GETTING STUFF BACK" Thread?  Dec 11 2017, 09:03:46 PM

It got pretty messed up when (seemingly) dozens of posts were deleted, because they were targeting a member who was asking so many questions in that thread. frownNow, you can't go to the last page-- it just comes up empty-- and have to go to the 2nd to last page to see anything.

Let it go lawsuit  Nov 24 2017, 02:53:04 PM

Well, this is interesting.  

There is generally a three-year statute of limitations on copyright violation claims, and it has been more than three years since the film was released. Unless he was hiding under a rock, I don't know how he could claim he didn't have knowledge of the song for more than a year.

Music copyright cases are hecka interesting though, and can involve music mapping (pretty cool graphic designs) for the jury to try to see simi

BCEFA FLEA MARKET COLLECTORS UNITE!!  Sep 15 2017, 09:54:19 PM

broadwaynerdnewbie said: "I was looking over te auction items and does anyone know if the book DEH is auctioning off (it's called dear Evan Hansen: the journey) is the book the are releasing in November or if it's something else?"

I believe it is the book made for Tony Award voters, but it may be the opening night gift edition, which is similar.

Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?  Sep 10 2017, 09:13:32 PM

Moriah3 said: "Does Eva Noblezada of Miss Saigon respond and does Patti Lupone respond?"

If you would read prior pages of this very board, you'd find the answers to your questions regarding who answers fan mail. You don't even have to start at the beginning; go even five or ten pages back and you can learn a lot of useful info.

TV Show That Predicted Bette Midler's Hello Dolly  Aug 14 2017, 12:51:32 PM

In 1997, Bette Midler guest starred on an episode of "The Nanny," and a clip of a song from "Hello, Dolly" was performed in that same episode. I thought this thread was about that. Crazy that 20 years later she is on Broadway doing the show!  

Riedel on vultures circling ‘Great Comet’  Aug 8 2017, 09:20:56 PM

schubox said: "So when do we get to find out all this ugly drama?"

Likely if/when a lawsuit is filed. 

Dolly Eating on Stage  Aug 7 2017, 01:45:46 PM

dramamama611 said: "That's called sarcasm."

I wasn't sure since tone is hard to read and I'm ridiculously tired. So just in case, I answered.

Hello Dolly signed questioned  Aug 7 2017, 01:43:45 PM

1) $50 for a Playbill and they aren't doing posters right now (but check again during collections)

2) There has been significant debate (the Asst. Stage Manager has reportedly said the cast gathered to sign and all signatures are authentic, but others have compared signatures believed to be secretarial and concluded they are, so I guess you believe what you want to believe)

Dolly Eating on Stage  Aug 7 2017, 12:15:37 PM

nealb1 said: "Loliveve, does it start to dissolve when it hits her mouth, or does it basically dissolve when it hits her mouth? "

I think the answer to your question is starts, but I admit I'm not quite sure what you mean; sorry!  Edible paper requires moisture to start dissolving, so it is much faster when placed on, or by, the tongue.  Depending on the thickness of the paper used-- there are different ones-- it can still require some chewing.  I hope that helps  

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You