News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Jamminman

Member Name: Jamminman
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Stephen Spielberg, keep ben Platt away from the west side story remake  Mar 15 2018, 10:40:09 PM

There is literally no excuse to not cast Jeremy Jordan in this part.  Unbelievable voice, dance skills and looks all in one, and he has a semi-recognizable name.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTtEJiTrlTQ

DOLLY casting replacements  Mar 11 2018, 01:07:53 AM

Lillias White as Dolly!

Favorite Cast Recording of the 16/17 Season?  Jul 11 2017, 12:34:53 AM

Dreamgirls London for sure.  What a cast! And the recording quality is amazing.

Beauty and the Beast  Jan 9 2017, 08:23:14 PM

Maybe he isn't lying about there not being Autotune on her voice, but there is DEFINITELY major pitch correction, even if it was another program such as Melodyne.  I really wish they chose someone who could sing better.  I feel like the backgrounds and everything are CGI because the characters are CGI and they will fit in better.  Not excited for this movie at all, but will still see it out of curiosity.  

re: Miss Saigon Movie rumors??  Jul 5 2016, 11:08:46 PM

Carrie Underwood for Ellen!

West Side Story @ Knockdown  Mar 5 2016, 04:32:43 PM

Skylar's voice sounds great, and the Maria is beautiful and can definitely sing

Miss Saigon Dream Casting  Nov 30 2015, 10:51:52 PM

Chris: Jeremy Jordan

Ellen: Brandy

John: Wallace Smith

Rumer Willis in Chicago  Oct 9 2015, 04:48:04 PM

I would still kill for a recorded version of Brandy singing the songs from Chicago, still one of the best vocalists alive in my opinion (tone, runs, beauty, personality, range).

SUNSET BLVD with Donna Murphy?  May 19 2015, 10:15:23 PM

Alice Ripley needs to be Norma.  She has the voice and the crazy!

Top 10 Musical Theatre Albums of 2014  Dec 25 2014, 09:54:08 PM
Miss Saigon Live! Great cast (minus Ellen) and great quality.

Thanks for the list, haven't heard of some of these and will take a listen!

Aladdin Cast Recording  May 25 2014, 09:54:59 PM
Beautiful mixing and sound quality, much better than Little Mermaid (one of the most horribly mixed cast recordings recently) and Lion King. The vocals and instruments sound clear and flattering, I'd be interested to know who mixed the album. The cast sounds great and the songs are top-notch. I like the harmonies at the end of Jasmine's new song, and thought Arabian Nights, Proud of Your Boy, Act One Finale, and Price Ali were stand-outs. In the few dialogue segments that are included, Court
Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow  Mar 18 2014, 08:18:30 PM
Sounds amazing, April 1st can't come fast enough. Great vocal and one of the best songs ever.
Today's Performances that Will Become Iconic  Sep 9 2013, 04:41:16 PM
Lea Salonga in Miss Saigon, don't get more iconic than that!
How Many Tony Awards Will The 2014 LES MIS Revival Win?  Jul 31 2013, 08:47:23 AM
If Anthony Warlow is Valjean, he will get best actor
Alan Menken Interview - HUNCHBACK CONFIRMED!  Jul 21 2013, 09:12:34 PM
Frollo: Brian Stokes
Quasi: Jeremy Jordan
Esmeralda: Lea Michele
Clopin: Billy Porter

Kelly Clarkson on Broadway  Jul 11 2013, 11:15:58 AM
Ellen in Miss Saigon
Lea Salonga -- Still Hurting (In Rehearsal)  Jun 22 2013, 08:24:53 AM
How come Leas voice is the same as it was 20 years ago but Alice Ripley sounds like a completely different person?
MOTOWN OBCR now available on iTunes  Jun 6 2013, 03:25:28 AM
I have heard barely anything from the show and I am literally the biggest Motown fan you could find (Detroit pride!!) and I like the recording. The sound quality is crisp and clean, which is usually opposite of the Motown sound but is indicative of a modern cast recording. I wish they recorded more songs because the singers are unbelievable, even it some don't sound exactly like the legends they're imitating. Props to the actors playing Diana Ross, Smoky Robinson and Gladys Knight, they are alm
Manic LuPone  May 31 2013, 05:44:42 PM
My question is honestly, how do these powerhouse singers like Patti and Whitney (allegedly) do coke before a performance? I've never done it, but physiologically I would think it would screw with your nose and the back of your throat. And I'm still amazed that some singers perform after smoking, burning the vocal chords.
Breaking News: LES MISERABLES to Return to Broadway's Imperial Theatre; Opening Night Set for March 23, 2014!  May 30 2013, 04:16:34 PM
PLEASE cast Anthony Warlow as Valjean, every song will be an eargasm!
And how about Sasha Allen (from Hair and The Voice) as Eponine?

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You