News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for ChanceEncounter

Member Name: ChanceEncounter
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Jane Krakowski Question  Jan 10 2013, 12:53:09 PM
I think Urban Fervor would make the transition to the stage much easier Kad.
Confirmed! Julia Roberts & Mark Ruffalo to Star in THE NORMAL HEART for HBO; Directed by Ryan Murphy for 2014  Jan 7 2013, 04:44:00 PM
I can't properly express the apathy i feel about this news.
How do you pronounce Oeuvre?  Jan 3 2013, 04:36:55 PM
Sound it out girl.
Norm Lewis may need a new agent  Dec 30 2012, 02:06:03 PM
He booked a recurring role on Scandal, so I'd say his representation is doing a decent job.
What Was The Worst Piece Of Theatrical Trash You Sat Through This Year?  Dec 30 2012, 12:06:11 PM
...so you don't know anything about opinion?

not all opinions are equally valid, especially ones that claim Peter and the Starcatcher was trash.

What Was The Worst Piece Of Theatrical Trash You Sat Through This Year?  Dec 30 2012, 04:36:30 AM
Excluding off-off shows, PETER AND THE STARCATCHER.

...so you don't know anything about quality?

What Was The Worst Piece Of Theatrical Trash You Sat Through This Year?  Dec 28 2012, 11:03:24 AM
I didn't see anything I would call trash this year. House For Sale was certainly a struggle to make it through. And I left The Outgoing Tide at intermission because I was thoroughly uninterested it what was happening (for a play about planning a suicide to look like an accident to get your family a bunch of insurance money it felt completely stakes-less.)
Les Misérables: So, what did you think?  Dec 25 2012, 02:36:40 AM
The direction completely stunted the emotionality of it. Every solo being shot in extreme close up became dull and respective quickly and distracted from the songs. The performances were fine (I unlike a lot of people enjoyed Crowe's Javert) but I was severely underwhelmed by the film as a whole.
A Fun List of the 20 Best Movie Musicals for Us to Debate  Dec 24 2012, 11:28:24 PM
You're no good!

i won't deny that

A Fun List of the 20 Best Movie Musicals for Us to Debate  Dec 24 2012, 10:25:28 PM
The sweeney movie was no good.
Great performances in Not So Great shows.  Dec 24 2012, 03:05:10 AM
Amy Spanger in The Wedding Singer
A Fun List of the 20 Best Movie Musicals for Us to Debate  Dec 24 2012, 03:00:08 AM
Chicago deserves to be on there, but Sweeney Todd definitely not.

Glad to see 8 Femmes on the list. That's a wonderful and fun film.

Is The NEXT TO NORMAL Movie Still Happening?  Dec 23 2012, 01:39:05 AM
In the most recent version of the show Gabe was born when Diana and Dan were "both undergrads". In a scene between Perfect for You and I Miss the Mountains Dan is identified as "almost 22" when Diana gets pregnant with Gabe. At 18 months he became ill and several weeks later he died. Natalie is conceived and born sometime after he dies ("We had Natalie to...and I couldn't hold her in the hospital.") What would have been his 18th birthday happens in the first act. Natalie is conceived and
Is The NEXT TO NORMAL Movie Still Happening?  Dec 21 2012, 08:21:36 PM
More known for Veronica Mars but you can hardly point to that as something that shows she's a viable star.

ETA

Also, how many people in the target audience of N2N are old enough to remember Party of Five?

Is The NEXT TO NORMAL Movie Still Happening?  Dec 21 2012, 06:45:02 PM
If they're going to do it they should do it right. I would much prefer a premium cable channel do it so they could actually cast decent people instead of a theatrical version that has less than serviceable stars. The Showtime Reefer Madness worked wondefully without a single major star. It was full of broadway people that have only (especially back then) minnimal mainstream recognition. Alan Cumming, Amy Spanger, Ana Gasteyer, Steven Weber. Of that lot, Spanger has never been a mainstream n
Is The NEXT TO NORMAL Movie Still Happening?  Dec 21 2012, 05:15:52 PM
I'd rather have someone act the role well instead of belting it to the high heavens.

Or, you could get Toni Collette (like I suggested) and have both.

Is The NEXT TO NORMAL Movie Still Happening?  Dec 21 2012, 04:44:31 PM
I LOVE Pink. But having seen her act (she was in some horror movie about people in catacombs under Paris a number of years ago) she is a no.
Comments on Les Miserables movie  Dec 21 2012, 12:45:36 AM
It's is for a lack of vision kringas, the vision so greatly limited by Hooper's poor choices.

But I agree about Barks. She was great.

Is The NEXT TO NORMAL Movie Still Happening?  Dec 19 2012, 07:31:29 PM
Connie apparently does her own singing on Nashville.

But you're all crazy if you think it should be anyone but Toni Collette

Comments on Les Miserables movie  Dec 19 2012, 02:56:36 PM
It's a badly filmed version of the musical.

The directing absolutely destroyed it for me. Hooper has seriously never heard of a mid shot

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You