Jane Krakowski Question

Phillytheatreguy10 Profile Photo
Phillytheatreguy10
#1Jane Krakowski Question
Posted: 1/9/13 at 8:43pm

So, with the final 3 episodes of 'Thirty Rock' set to air in the next few weeks, I got to thinking...what would be the perfect vehicle for Jane Krakowski to make her return to Broadway?

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#2Jane Krakowski Question
Posted: 1/9/13 at 8:44pm

Mystic Pizza the Musical

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#2Jane Krakowski Question
Posted: 1/9/13 at 8:52pm

I was going to start the exact same thread!

givesmevoice Profile Photo
givesmevoice
#3Jane Krakowski Question
Posted: 1/9/13 at 8:58pm

I might be alone in this, but I think she could be an incredible Desiree.

When I see the phrase "the ____ estate", I imagine a vast mansion in the country full of monocled men and high-collared women receiving letters about productions across the country and doing spit-takes at whatever they contain. -Kad

followspot Profile Photo
followspot
#4Jane Krakowski Question
Posted: 1/9/13 at 9:18pm

Soapdish

"Tracy... Hold Mama's waffles."

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#5Jane Krakowski Question
Posted: 1/9/13 at 9:59pm

I'd love to see her tackle Madame Rose in another top notch revival of GYPSY or Mrs. Lovett in SWEENEY TODD or a replacement gig as Miss Hannigan in the revival of ANNIE or...

followspot Profile Photo
followspot
#6Jane Krakowski Question
Posted: 1/9/13 at 10:07pm

Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf and Cat on a Hot Tin Roof will be ripe for revival soon. And Theresa Rebeck wrote a new play this afternoon. As did David Mamet.

Or maybe a one-woman show — not enough of those. Could The Rural Juror be done solo?

"Tracy... Hold Mama's waffles."

Jon
#7Jane Krakowski Question
Posted: 1/9/13 at 10:58pm

Mame.

GavestonPS Profile Photo
GavestonPS
#8Jane Krakowski Question
Posted: 1/9/13 at 11:01pm

I saw Jane Krakowski do MACK AND MABEL for L.A. Reprise. She sang like a dancer.

(Yes, I know EVERYONE loves her and with good reason, but despite the lovely sound, I swear she sang like she was counting eights.)

beensince1987 Profile Photo
beensince1987
#9Jane Krakowski Question
Posted: 1/9/13 at 11:07pm

BOMBSHELL

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#10Jane Krakowski Question
Posted: 1/9/13 at 11:29pm

The stage adaptation of Jackie Jormp-Jomp.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

darquegk Profile Photo
darquegk
#11Jane Krakowski Question
Posted: 1/9/13 at 11:50pm

Little Me as Belle Poitrine, opposite Seth MacFarlane as Male Leads?

theaterkid1015 Profile Photo
theaterkid1015
#12Jane Krakowski Question
Posted: 1/10/13 at 12:32am

She would have been a great Lorelei Lee in Gentlemen Prefer Blondes, but it would seem to be Hilty's property now.

Some people paint, some people sew, I meddle.

dtzumbrunnen Profile Photo
dtzumbrunnen
#13Jane Krakowski Question
Posted: 1/10/13 at 7:19am

Pam, the overly-confident morbidly-obese woman could fill the Marquis. Two problems, solved.

devonian.t Profile Photo
devonian.t
#14Jane Krakowski Question
Posted: 1/10/13 at 10:28am

I want to see a movie to musical adaptation of The Chunks.

Phillytheatreguy10 Profile Photo
Phillytheatreguy10
#15Jane Krakowski Question
Posted: 1/10/13 at 11:38am

Ok folks, back to the topic at hand, PLEASE!

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#16Jane Krakowski Question
Posted: 1/10/13 at 12:17pm

...The Rural Juror.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

ChanceEncounter
#17Jane Krakowski Question
Posted: 1/10/13 at 12:53pm

I think Urban Fervor would make the transition to the stage much easier Kad.

devonian.t Profile Photo
devonian.t
#18Jane Krakowski Question
Posted: 1/10/13 at 1:10pm

How about a revival of LaChiusa's The Wild Party- she would be the perfect Queenie.

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#19Jane Krakowski Question
Posted: 1/10/13 at 3:43pm

She would be amazing as Queenie in LaChiusa's WILD PARTY. I love the idea of her playing the Nicole Kidman role in the musical adaptation of the story that TO DIE FOR is based on, seems like that never went anywhere.
But truly, she was born to play Dot in SUNDAY IN THE PARK WITH GEORGE, a role that she has said before she'd love to play. I know everyone hates revivals that come around every 5 years but the last revival of GUYS & DOLLS was so awful in every way, and Krakowski is so perfect for Adelaide that they should just revive the show just for her. And I couldn't agree more with the MAME suggestion, she's someone who's a name and is right for the role, throw in Megan Mullally as Vera and you'd have a great revival of that show.
EDIT: Not to go through the entire Peters' repertoire, but I am listening to SONG & DANCE right now and cannot help but imagine how fantastic Krakowski would be as Emma (isn't she engaged to a British guy? She could hopefully pick up the accent from him...and the other British men she has dated). Some of the keys would have to be lowered, of course, and I doubt her voice could handle doing the show 8 times a week, but as a one-night only or weekend engagement at City Center or Carnegie Hall she'd be absolutely rocking. I love her TV performances so much, she's one of my favorite actresses, but how I wish she had been able to do more stage in-between her TV commitments, there are so many roles that I feel she'd have played wonderfully throughout those years.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"
Updated On: 1/10/13 at 03:43 PM

ComingUpRoses2 Profile Photo
ComingUpRoses2
#20Jane Krakowski Question
Posted: 1/10/13 at 5:54pm

She would probably make a terrific Mame and the Mullally as Vera suggestion is brilliant.

supportivemom Profile Photo
supportivemom
#21Jane Krakowski Question
Posted: 1/10/13 at 6:33pm

She can just go over to "Smash".

Wynbish Profile Photo
Wynbish
#22Jane Krakowski Question
Posted: 1/11/13 at 8:59am

Lola in Damn Yankees

And whoever in City of Angels

AHTC
#23Jane Krakowski Question
Posted: 1/11/13 at 9:13am

What about her and Betty Buckley in THE RINK?

Rumpelstiltskin Profile Photo
Rumpelstiltskin