News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for nicnyc

nicnyc Profile Photo
Member Name: nicnyc
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Big River @ Encores  Feb 12 2017, 04:07:02 AM

I saw the show tonight (Saturday) and I thought Kyle Scatliffe's performance as "Jim" alone makes the production worth seeing.  His performance is perfection from beginning to end, a STAR!  Beautiful, heartfelt, deeply-moving!? Was lucky enough to see him at 54 Below and we haven't missed a show he's been in since. An unbelievable talent!

I agree with the many previous posters who noted the issues with the script, etc.  It isn't a great show by

Help Choosing Final Two Shows  Jan 4 2017, 01:57:14 PM

I'd pick Miss Saigon over Groundhog Day...

Help Choosing Final Two Shows  Jan 4 2017, 02:28:52 AM

I agree with the previous posters who thought you should grab the Anastasia tix.  I bought tix for that based on word of mouth of friends who saw and loved it in CT.

TINY BEAUTIFUL THINGS  Dec 21 2016, 03:11:50 AM

tix are sold - thank you

Comet - banquettes seat or front mezz?  Nov 16 2016, 02:06:35 AM

We did the table seats and loved it - really enhanced our experience of the show!

DELETE  Nov 5 2016, 01:25:17 AM

Looking to TRADE my Tiny Beautiful Things ticket  Nov 5 2016, 01:23:14 AM

King George iii Love Thread  Nov 2 2016, 01:36:18 AM

#groffsauceforever

Lin-Manuel Miranda to host SNL  Sep 29 2016, 03:07:35 AM

Ditto @Kad!  Couldn't have said it better.  Bravo to Lorne Michaels for choosing a Broadway star as Host!  

RAGTIME- movie Dream cast  Sep 18 2016, 03:56:15 AM

Cynthia Erivo and Joshua Henry in Last 5 Years!  Sep 14 2016, 02:13:23 PM

"Nobody needs to know" is my favorite song in the whole show too - and, yeah, he flubbed some of my favorite lines in it.  He was a syllable short on a paraphrase of "Tell her I found one" and then he sang  "And slowly we're sliding" instead of "And faster we're sliding".  Performance of the song was gorgeous but the flubs were distracting - at least to someone who knows every word, like me.

Guys & Dolls Audition Question  Sep 14 2016, 03:26:07 AM

yes - totally appropriate

Cynthia Erivo and Joshua Henry in Last 5 Years!  Sep 14 2016, 01:26:43 AM

After being upset for weeks at the prospect of not getting to see this, I was lucky enough to see JRB's tweet  a couple days before the show and grab two of the 20 house seats that were released - and I am so grateful we got to go.  It truly was an unforgettable night.  Both Henry & Erivo were wonderful, powerful and electrifying throughout.  The emotion and the electricity in the room was amazing. Joshua Henry has charisma and presence for days - ho

HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements  Sep 8 2016, 03:05:52 AM

Having seen the OBC and both Seth and Chappelle, I think Chapelle is a fine choice for Lafayette/Jefferson or to go on for Oak as Hercules/Madison, if need be - but Seth is not a good Lafayette or Jefferson and really isn't suitable for anything else.   They also desperately need some new John Laurens covers - Chappette is physically to big to play Phillip and he got inappropriate laughter over it which interrupted the story several times - and, while I hate to be

Miss Saigon Tix Now on Sale  Aug 19 2016, 02:46:00 PM

Got C Center orchestra for March 24th -THANK YOU!THANK YOU!THANK YOU!

Miss Saigon Tix Now on Sale  Aug 18 2016, 11:54:45 PM

When I go on the site, it says Amex PreSale starts 8/21.  Could someone please help me with how you get the Amex access now?

Saddest moment in musical  Aug 1 2016, 03:12:05 AM

When Sarah dies in Ragtime - and when Coalhouse is shot as he surrenders in Ragtime.  

COLOR PURPLE - CYNTHIA ERIVO'S UNDERSTUDY?  Jul 29 2016, 01:58:41 AM

Hi All,  I'd love to know if anyone has seen Cynthia Erivo''s understudy play Celie?  I have a friend who loves the story and was dying to see the show - she is flying in from Seattle to see it on 8/11 and I was notified by an email from Telecharge that Erivo will not be on for that performance and they are offering a ticket exchange. I was fortunate to see Erivo in April and know how wonderful she is - and I enjoyed the show as a whole very much, but

Hamilton Seats Question  Jul 29 2016, 01:33:52 AM

We had to sell a pair of tickets for 7/22 because both my fiance and I had bronchitis.  We listed them on Ticketmaster as soon as we realized we wouldn't be well enough to go (and would be disruptive and potentially contagious to those around us).  After they were listed, we continued to keep an eye on the prices on the surrounding seats and adjusted the price as needed to be competitive.  Our tickets sold the day before the show for $300+ per ticket tha

POP POLL: New Movie Musicals  Jul 28 2016, 02:46:13 AM

Chess, Aida, Ragtime

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You