News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for jdavisinaustin

Member Name: jdavisinaustin
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Help a Future Theater Teacher Out
 Feb 1 2017, 05:30:25 PM

"How about Neil Patrick Harris's opening number from 2012 Tony awards... "What if life were more like theatre?""

I forgot about this!  This is great!  Too bad I only have 10 minutes for this assignment (I'm pretty sure they'll be annoyed if a video does most of the talking for me), but I think I can use part of it now and the whole thing when I've got an entire class to teach.

Thanks for this!  And I l

Help a Future Theater Teacher Out
 Feb 1 2017, 03:01:31 PM

Hey everyone.  I'm currently obtaining my teaching certification and plan on teaching High School theater.  I have a new assignment for my certification course in which I have to lead a lesson or discussion on theater.  I've decided to pose the question to the class of "Why is theater important?" and have them brainstorm in groups before sharing their thoughts.

I thought it would be fun, though, to play a song about art or theater at the start of the le

Who do ya'll think will be Wendy in Peter Pan LIVE?
 Aug 10 2014, 01:43:40 AM
"Its adorable when the youngsters don't understand sarcasm."

It's also adorable when theater snobs try to out-sarcasm each other.

What shows are due for a revival?
 Aug 10 2014, 01:30:49 AM
Love some of these listed on here, particularly SECRET GARDEN, Lippa's WILD PARTY, KISS OF THE SPIDER WOMAN, CITY OF ANGELS, MERRILY WE ROLL ALONG, and SUNSET BLVD.

Kind of shocked that TOMMY isn't on here, though that's partially because I just saw a company in Austin do it with an Alice in Wonderland look to it. It sounds weird, I know, but it worked remarkably well and actually enhanced the story.

There's no doubt that the music from TOMMY has staying power, and the sho

Seth & Stefon
 May 14 2014, 06:38:43 PM
This nesting doll has EVERYTHING! Midgets, a snow cone machine, Adele Dazeem...
ANNIE 2014 Movie poster
 Mar 5 2014, 12:04:09 PM
The clips make this look like a disaster of straight-to-VHS (not even DVD) proportions.
"Wicked" Movie
 Mar 5 2014, 12:01:57 PM
I'd say a guy in his early 20s is the perfect age to play a college student, and it's not like Fiyero's songs are vocally demanding. He'll do fine.
Norbert Leo Butz -
 Jan 18 2014, 07:55:35 PM
Link, por favor
As SPIDER-MAN swings off, a look back at superhero musicals.
 Dec 28 2013, 05:15:19 PM
Very interesting read, OP. Thanks for sharing.
Open post to the group from Texas at the 10/19 Kinky Boots
 Oct 29 2013, 06:07:21 PM
OP, while I was not one of the Texans at KINKY BOOTS, as a citizen of Texas (and a conservative-ish person to boot), I apologize that you had such a lousy experience. Texans are a proud bunch, but there is a time and place for Texas pride. Usually that place is Texas itself.

Anyway, I apologize on behalf of my state. Keep in mind though we're a gigantic state; not all of us are assholes. Most of us are nice. Austinites are particularly friendly, but I'm a little biased.

Most Epic Song Climax?
 Sep 11 2013, 06:32:24 PM
"Happiness" from Passion, though the climax is at the beginning.

I'd say most of the best ones are from songs written for women ("Rose's Turn" from Gypsy, "Lot's Wife" from Caroline or Change, "Old Maid" from 110 in the Shade). The only male one I can think of is "Soliloquy" from Carousel.

The Birds Musical
 Aug 17 2013, 02:20:49 PM
"I heard a musical based on 'The Birds' is coming to Broadway"

Did a little birdie tell you?

re: banned
 Aug 1 2013, 01:36:05 PM
OP: I actually agree with your school's decision. LA CAGE AUX FOLLES is for mature audiences, and therefore it is inappropriate viewing for some parents. And no, you didn't read that incorrectly.
WICKED Sequel?
 Jul 17 2013, 04:26:59 PM
"How long would Elphaba and Fiyero have really stayed together?!"

I'm envisioning something like WHO’S AFRAID OF VIRGINIA WOOLF? but with a witch and a scarecrow.

Could Reefer Madness be done on Bway?
 Jul 12 2013, 02:07:23 AM
Just saw a great production of it in Austin, TX, and I completely agree. With the right theater and the right cast, it could be a hit on Broadway. Still, I think if it ever happens, it'll start with an Off-Broadway revival that will transfer to Broadway.
Petition Started to Bring National Tour of PRISCILLA QUEEN OF THE DESERT Back to Texas
 May 29 2013, 01:36:28 PM
http://nationaltours.broadwayworld.com/article/Petition-Started-to-Bring-National-Tour-of-PRISCILLA-QUEEN-OF-THE-DESERT-Back-to-Texas-20130529
Songs about the Press
 Mar 29 2013, 02:37:38 PM
I'm loving all of these ideas. Any more?
Songs about the Press
 Mar 29 2013, 11:33:14 AM
Hey there. I'm an Editor here at BWW, and I've been asked to sing at an upcoming event for a theater in my area. Since I'm theater critic, I think it would be fun to sing something that is about the press, about a writer or about language, or is, in some way, a review of something or someone. Any ideas? Keep in mind that I'm not a great singer and haven't performed in 10 years. Any ideas would be welcome!
Samantha Barks totally needs to change her name
 Mar 20 2013, 10:27:01 PM
3 words: Dick Van Dyke
Songs added to shows for technical reasons?
 Jul 10 2012, 08:05:15 PM
"Brush Up Your Shakespeare" from Kiss Me, Kate was added at the end of Act II to cover a massive set change for the show's finale. It's always done in front of the curtain, and it's not really a part of any scene.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You