News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for StageStar2468

StageStar2468 Profile Photo
Member Name: StageStar2468
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Going to theatre alone?
 Mar 24 2016, 10:11:16 AM
I don't mind either way. If I go alone its typically easier because I have total control over the cost, way I want the tickets obtained (rush , lottery, box office, etc.), and the show itself. I also don't have to spend the entire shownworrying whether the other person likes it. However, if I find a good person to accompany me, going with someone else is fun because of the intermission and post show conversations, and getting to share the fun experience with someone else.
life lessons from musicals
 Mar 23 2016, 08:18:30 PM
Hey guys!

I'm an RA for my college and part of our job is to make bulletin boards for the residents of my floor. This month I thought it would be fun to do Life Lessons from Musicals as my theme. I'm aiming for lessons somewhat relavent to their lives or some that are just humorous and funny. They can be from popular shows or ones not as many people will recognize, and they can either be direct quotes from songs or paraphrasing a line or song into some kind of lesson.

Some ex

Curious Incident Digital Lottery
 Jan 5 2016, 09:57:42 PM

Looks like another show is going digital. Are people seriously that afraid of the cold...?

http://m.playbill.com/news/article/broadways-curious-incident-launches-digital-lottery-377639

HAMILTON's Digital Lottery--Just for the Winter
 Jan 5 2016, 10:42:09 AM
Its not even letting me get to the main lottery page. All the links just get me an unavailable page.
curious incident rush
 Jan 1 2016, 06:29:15 PM
Hey guys! I was just wondering if anyone has tried to rush this show lately, and if they had any suggestions for when to arrive, how many people showed up versus tickets available, etc. Thanks so much and I apologize in advance if this has been discussed already!
Hamilton
 Dec 25 2015, 10:19:10 AM

Haha I just remembered how much crap I got for the Wicked movie post back then.  And thank you!!

Next to Normal or Hamilton?
 Dec 25 2015, 10:17:45 AM

Agree with what others have been saying. They're both spectacular for many reasons, but to compare them is somewhat difficult because they're honestly just very different shows. I feel like it'd be easier to compare Next to Normal to something with a closer theme. My friend whose  is a big N2N fan would often compare it to Fun Home (similar idea being centered around family turmoil,  just different types of turmoil) whereas Hamilton would be better compared with som

Hamilton
 Dec 24 2015, 09:16:45 PM

Hey Dancerbop!  Dont worry. When I first joined, my first post was about the Wicked movie cast. That being said, there are p leanty of threads all about Hamilton and any cast changes :) by the way, welcome to bww

BroadwayCon:
 Oct 18 2015, 02:10:31 PM

Totally agree! Im not saying I'm a regular poster, but I have been on here for quite some time and know a lot of us have formed online relationships through this site. I think it'd be a really cool opportunity to see some of us in person :)

Your Broadway Crushes
 Aug 18 2015, 11:42:51 PM
Beth Malone :) and not just because we both like women. Also Kristin Chenoweth was my sad little middle school celebrity crush for years!
Relatable Broadway
 Aug 17 2015, 01:10:40 AM

All three Alisons- Fun Home

Maureen- Rent 

Marvin- Falsettos

Most Anticipated Broadway Shows Opening This Fall
 Aug 8 2015, 03:34:39 PM

I'm really looking forward to the Falsettos revival :)

June 2016
 Aug 7 2015, 10:29:59 AM

DEFINITELY keep Fun Home and Hamilton.  I don't know where you're from, but if you aren't able to get to New York very often to see shows, those are the top two (in my opinion) you won't want to miss. As Dramamama said, Sydney could be gone by October but people are saying the rest of the cast may want to stay with it a while because its such a unique piece of theatre. Obviously, there are not guarentees with that, but it is what some have been saying.The Hamilton cast will probably all

Digital Lotteries...the new thing?
 Aug 7 2015, 10:12:56 AM

^Exactly. I totally get that for some people who dont live as close, digital lotteries are much more convenient, but that "convenience" also means losing 99% of thr time (I don't know the actual percentages for each show, but it certainly can feel that slim) 

Broadway Dorm Room
 Aug 2 2015, 01:00:37 AM

When I was younger I used to make collages of different shows I liked, so when I got to college, I put several of those on my walls. You can also paint canvasses with show related quotes,  and find cool ways to display any ticket stubs you may have. I like outlining my closet doors with them :) have fun

My
 Jul 27 2015, 05:31:33 PM
That's beautiful, Ado Annie. While it was not necessarily my "ring of keys" moment, seeing Fun Home and talking to, specifically Beth Malone after the show definitely was a powerful experience for me.

I think my ring of keys moment was back in 2010 when country music singer Chely Wright came out and released both her book and her new cd including a song about her being in a relationship with a woman. I was fifteen and she was the first out lesbian that I felt I really could relate to.

Fun Home Original Cast
 Jul 26 2015, 11:36:04 AM

People are saying Sydney's contract is up in October,  but may get renewed. I saw an advertisement that Judy is scheduled to be on one of thoes broadway cruise lines in February,  but thats only for about a week, so I dont know if that means she'll be gone or just take off that week. No idea about the rest of them.

Fun Home Stage Door
 Jul 26 2015, 01:11:46 AM

I didn't see the show, nor was I at the stage door, but I was walking past the theatre today heading towards a friend's place and noticed both Beth Malone and Emily Skeggs signing for people. I know that not much information but at least you know some of them do come out  :)

Tony Awards
 Jul 25 2015, 01:56:12 PM

Ladies and Gentleman....Taye Diggs is your next Hedwig
 Jul 25 2015, 11:25:54 AM

Saw the show last night as well. Keep in mind this is my first time seeing the show, so I don't really have much to compare it to besides the cast recordings. 

One of the things that struck me the most was that he didn't seem to have the stamina to do some of the more movement heavy numbers. He sounded very good in the songs with less movement,  but the second that the dancing got heavy or he had to jump around or go out into the audience, it felt like he was speak singin

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You