News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for fliponaswitch

fliponaswitch Profile Photo
Member Name: fliponaswitch
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Network Rush
 Apr 4 2019, 12:44:12 AM
So any recent reports of the rush line at Network. The guy Im in cahoots with saw it and was enamored with and wont shut up about it. Every Ivan Van Hove show hes done as of late in NYC Ive seen and tried to sit on stage but the $500 ticket scares the daylights out of me.

I was thinking of rushing the show and what time should I get in line.

Ive rushed before for other shows just would like to know whats the standard.

Have a Spot Open
 Mar 28 2019, 03:57:29 PM

haterobics said: "I love the Prom, but what I am most looking forward to this season is Gary, although it is not getting consistent love in the previews thread last I looked, a weird Taylor Mac show starring Nathan Lane is always going to be worth a look for me."

See! Same dilemma I have. Like I am a huge fan of Nathan Lane and it is just disappointing seeing the previews thread.

The Prom is now number one on the list. Rush it I am assuming?

Have a Spot Open
 Mar 28 2019, 03:41:07 PM

n2nbaby said: "I second The Prom. It’s very old fashioned Broadway, has some excellent performances, a fun score and like the above poster said, it’s very, very funny. I had some issues with it but it’s also probably my most recommended show for people, besides The Ferryman. Totally feel good musical comedy wonderfulness."

Hmmm... Now it's creeping up on the maybe list.

Have a Spot Open
 Mar 28 2019, 03:13:30 PM

Kitsune said: "The Prom is super cute and really, really funny. Plus there are some good discounts available."

Ohhhhh.... Good choice. Didn't think of it, wasn't even on my radar... But now....

Have a Spot Open
 Mar 28 2019, 03:09:39 PM

Okay....

So I was originally going to go to New York in May and see all the shows that I wanted to see for this season. However my brother got some time off from work and bought him and I tickets to go to New York in April. Every year we do marathons of shows and try to see as many as we can in a week but this year, with him we can only stay for three days. 

We are going April 11-14

So far this is what I ha

Broadway Thoughts...
 Feb 11 2019, 02:20:18 PM
So lately, for some reason, I cant escape broadway thoughts.

For example. Witnessing the monotony of political arguments as of late all I can see in my mind is the Mambo scene from West Side story.

Or how Im dealing with a recent breakup and all I can think about is the recent Foska meme about writing 100s of letters

Is there any broadway analogies that have popped up in your life recently? Any good broadway memes?! Lol.

Trump supporter- Strikes again! At wicked!
 Nov 30 2018, 06:14:30 PM
@broadwayconcierge
@greenestreet

Unfortunately you both have been lumped in with a group of people that I hope in real life you are not.

As a human. I apologize. However I do hope that in your worlds, that you actively show that your not racist or other deragatory terms. I’m sure you do. I’m sure you are both great people. Just understand from someone on the other side that the people you voted for are against another human being. Or at least seem to have the rhetori

Nov 30 2018, 06:04:29 PM
@broadwayconcierge

I really hate that that has happened to you. I don’t live in NYC but when I’ve gone I’ve seen similar testaments of “conservative bashing” or other belligerent attacks on people.

I admit. I’m one of those people who have participated in such events where I live. However I’ve stopped because I’ve had to learn it doesn’t help any.

Im agnostic, but maybe my catholic school boy, Godspell loving musical self just takes into account of greeting ppl with

Nov 30 2018, 05:58:06 PM
@Greenestreet

It won’t for the sheer simple fact that the people who you voted for are so steadfast against the people that are on this board.

Your views are unpopular for many many reasons.

Like I have said, I do not agree with your remarks at all. You have portrayed yourself in a very negative light and seem to add fuel to the fire. Again. Stop. You won’t win. Just like me being gay, will never win in the Republican Party.

Accept the fact that your a mino

Nov 30 2018, 05:45:07 PM

@Broadwayconcierge

I have been a huge fan of yours for years. As a lurker here, I revel in your posts. I’ll admit, I was little miffed when you said you voted for Trump.

However, I do have to disagree with you. Diversity should be allowed anywhere, where it is allowed and tolerated. Whether, physical, sociological or ideological diversity, theater as a community is a diversity stronghold. All the times I’ve been in a show or otherwise been a part of the

Nov 30 2018, 05:38:37 PM
@Greenestreet

Please stop replying to people. I respect your opinion and your right to vote for who you want. However please stop trying to argue with people. You are digging yourself. Unfortunately you are a minority politically here and unfortunately your arguments are not going to win.

Again. No bad feelings or ill will. Just as a person to person. Stop. You are not helping your case. Practice what the Republican Party values which is Christianity and turn the other check

Nov 30 2018, 04:49:45 PM
@Kad

Lol. True. Worst I studied it in college as a history major and learned it all.

Nov 30 2018, 04:46:26 PM
@scottydoesntknow2

Oh believe me. I wanted to fight back but my mode of watching it unfold was prevailing. I was a huge argumentative person towards politics during the election. Even photographed in the local newspaper. However for my sanity, I had to put that to the side. Also this year was incredibly difficult for my family where we weren’t able to go to New York due to my dads surgery. Long story short, I’ve become a lot calmer due to it.

Nov 30 2018, 04:28:12 PM

@scottydoesntknow2

I completely agree! As I said, I live in Texas and in a very conservative area. So I get it, I grew in a catholic school environment which until recently in my town was ultra conservative.

Luckily, my family and the people I associate with are in agreement with most of my views, and if not tolerate them and I hope care about me in some way.

However when I see things like this thread. I go into two modes. First. I bust

Nov 30 2018, 03:56:23 PM

ColorTheHours048 said: "fliponaswitch said: "imnot saying ignore it or stay silent however these attacks and arguments don’t solve the situation only aggravate it

"

Thanks, Mom! I’m happier letting readers of this thread know that bigots and their supporters (tacit or explicit)areunwelcome herethan staying silent and allowing them to believe this will all blow over one day.
"

But it will. There will come a day year

Nov 30 2018, 03:53:36 PM
Again. I’m not saying ignore but arguing with a grown adult is not going to change their mind. I’m a triple threat minority. Gay, agnostic , And Mexican-American. If Trump rhetoric and his followers were to have their way my existence is put out to pasture.

Also, I live in texas. The reddest of all states. I don’t ignore it, I live in it, and create a peaceful existence out of it.

I could go on here about how much it sucks being a person like me in Texas, however again changi

Nov 30 2018, 03:44:39 PM

Fetus said: "Ignoring and staying silentby what exists to divide us only pushes their agendato farther extremes. I can only fathom what this administration would be capable of if we didn't live in a digital age where its disgusting acts have been available for the masses to dissect.

Sad to see that even the theatre community has some people supporting this administration that doesn't even respect the arts.
"

im not saying

Nov 30 2018, 03:36:39 PM

As a long time lurker and reader of these message boards I am enamored by this conversation.  

Background: I am not a conservative  Voted for Clinton but I was a huge Bernie supporter  I describe my political beliefs as severe left, however I live in Texas so that definition is different than I think most of the country  

Please stop attacking each other. Especially the OP. This whole Anti-Trump and Pro-Trump argument is honestly childish. You al

Hedwig 10PM Shows
 Feb 5 2015, 03:22:25 PM
Hi there folks

Long time reader of the message boards and have asked for advice previously before

My family and I are going again to NYC this APRIL for a binge of theater.

We have tickets to see Hedwig APRIL 18th show at 10PM.

Was wondering if there were any shows that started at 8 that would give us enough time to make it to the theater by 950 to see Hedwig right now. I know it's cutting it close but if there was an answer I figure you fine folks wo

Playbill Pride
 Jun 1 2014, 11:54:21 AM
Thank you so much! I would love one from any of those shows!

If you would like to email me at fliponaswitch@gmail.com

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You